Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 19, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Bubble wrap the World, and no one will be able to hurt themselves or others.  Control the actions, movements, choices, ideas, and thoughts of the people and you will save the World.  At what cost?

We have people in power who try to manipulate the people to try to make them believe that they will be "safer" by "bubble wrapping the world". What does this do in reality? Prevent people from fighting back, and allowing dictators to rule with impunity.

This is why we need our rights to fight back. Why we can't have the government get too strong, too controlling. Limiting what we can do legally will force good, intelligent people who only want to live as they have (who will then be labled as criminals, troublemakers, terrorists, etc) to start using now-illegal means to get their freedom back. 

Message 131 of 154 (92 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Bubble wrap the World, and no one will be able to hurt themselves or others.  Control the actions, movements, choices, ideas, and thoughts of the people and you will save the World.  At what cost?

We have people in power who try to manipulate the people to try to make them believe that they will be "safer" by "bubble wrapping the world". What does this do in reality? Prevent people from fighting back, and allowing dictators to rule with impunity.

This is why we need our rights to fight back. Why we can't have the government get too strong, too controlling. Limiting what we can do legally will force good, intelligent people who only want to live as they have (who will then be labled as criminals, troublemakers, terrorists, etc) to start using now-illegal means to get their freedom back. 

BINGO!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Moble

Message 132 of 154 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Dec 19, 2012
@PLYMCO. Yet where I live in Detroit, we are allowed to carry yet the gun violence in the city just keeps going up. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/12/17/detroit-gun-violence-murder_n_2316323.html
Message 133 of 154 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56249 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@PLYMCO. Yet where I live in Detroit, we are allowed to carry yet the gun violence in the city just keeps going up. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/12/17/detroit-gun-violence-murder_n_2316323.html

Gun crime IS up in detroit but gun OWNERSHIP is down.   That further proves my comments about gun ownership.  Smiley Wink

Message 134 of 154 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56249 posts

Dec 19, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Well said phoenix!

The president is on tv now making ANOTHER gun agency to try and circumvent the constitution to get his way on gun laws.  He failed when fast and furious was found out about and this is his new avenue.  

Message 135 of 154 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2561 posts

Dec 19, 2012

All these anti-gun organization will use this incident to push their agendas. R.I.P to those lost. 

My Youtube Channel:

Rookie2Vet

Free Sitrongr

Message 136 of 154 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Google "Operation Fast and Furious"

Speaks volumes about "actual" gun control, and how the Government has its head in its A!

Moble

Message 137 of 154 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Gun sales, just went way up!! SMH

Message 138 of 154 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Oh my, this thread is getting very interesting...

Regarding a more heavy gun control/ban, the right to bear arms will never go away. Only the Congress or the states can change the Constitution. Congress or a state can initiate the change, but then the change HAS to be ratified by a fixed number of states before it takes effect. I do not believe that enough states would ratify a change to our second amendments rights.

Now for more protection in our schools, "half" of the schools in my area of California were built pretty much like a prison. Unless you actually get a very long ladder and have some time, without any police cameras spotting you, you would be able to get into most of our schools. A couple years back, most of our schools put up cameras at the schools that just hook up to the towns/cities where that school is at. Also, there is always a police car outside all of our schools and an officer there in his office or walking around.

We've had lock downs before, but nothing has ever happened because of the large gates and walls from anyone entering and exiting along with the cameras.

Message 139 of 154 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7125 posts

Dec 19, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:

Gun crime IS up in detroit but gun OWNERSHIP is down.   That further proves my comments about gun ownership.  Smiley Wink

^^ i dont personally agree with that statement.  I truly honeslty  beilive crime is   connected to  not having work or food or things that  make life better to  have to to survive.

It has little  to  do with  owing a gun and  crime go down< only  if it was that simple .   

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 140 of 154 (95 Views)
0 Likes