Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

as expected whenever a young male does anything bad, they are blaming video games for the reason why Adam Lanza went on the shooting spree.

 

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/365190/Killer-Adam-Lanza-obsessed-with-violent-video-games/

 

also, since when was Dynasty Warriors "shockingly violent"?


It's not.  And to my knowledge, doesn't have guns.  I find it funny that they throw games under the bus as the issue and then go on with this stuff:

 

His parents Nancy and Peter split up in 2009, and he is understood to have taken it particularly badly, but his emotional and social problems appear to have run much deeper.

He had not spoken to his 24-year-old older brother Ryan for more than two years.

High school colleagues said crazed Lanza was a member of the outcast “tech club” where boys who had trouble making friends with their peers played together.

He was vividly remembered as someone who had difficulty socialising with people.

He is said to have suffered from antisocial disorder Asperger’s syndrome and was known for being unable to empathise with others, suffering child-like violent tantrums.

Shocked neighbours told how his murdered mother would never leave him alone in a room because he was so troubled.

 

Games weren't his problem.  The underlying issues were (that were apparent to his mother if she wasn't leaving him alone).


Message 91 of 154 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

as expected whenever a young male does anything bad, they are blaming video games for the reason why Adam Lanza went on the shooting spree.

 

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/365190/Killer-Adam-Lanza-obsessed-with-violent-video-games/

 

also, since when was Dynasty Warriors "shockingly violent"?


It's not.  And to my knowledge, doesn't have guns.  I find it funny that they throw games under the bus as the issue and then go on with this stuff:


its like when word first mistakenly got out shortly after the shooting that his brother(Ryan) was the the shooter and people went onto his Facebook page, saw that he "Liked" Mass Effect and then bombarded the Mass Effect Facebook page with hate and blaming the creators of the game for the deaths of the children.

 

also, i found it interesting that his mother was a "prepper". she was hoarding food and previsions for an economic downfall apocalypse. explains why she got the guns, and its probably how he got all the ammunition and possibly the bulletproof vest.


Message 92 of 154 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2005
Offline
8828 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

Hey guy,

 

Why is it necessary to type in big font like this?? You look ignorant and desperate.

 

 

Bulletproof windows? Do you have any idea how much that would costs? Nor would it solve any problem. The gunman didn't shoot through a window. Smiley Very Happy

 

 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 93 of 154 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

Hey guy,

 

Why is it necessary to type in big font like this?? You look ignorant and desperate.

 

Bulletproof windows? Do you have any idea how much that would costs? Nor would it solve any problem. The gunman didn't shoot through a window. Smiley Very Happy


not sure who youre replying to, but the gunman actually did shoot though a window, its how he got into the school.

 

"He forced his way into the school by breaking a window, officials said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559420/conn-gunman-broke-in-shot-kids-multiple-times/

 

"The killer then went to the school with guns he took from his mother, got inside by breaking a window"

http://news.msn.com/us/conn-gunman-had-hundreds-of-rounds-of-ammunition


Message 94 of 154 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

as expected whenever a young male does anything bad, they are blaming video games for the reason why Adam Lanza went on the shooting spree.

 

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/365190/Killer-Adam-Lanza-obsessed-with-violent-video-games/

 

also, since when was Dynasty Warriors "shockingly violent"?


It's not.  And to my knowledge, doesn't have guns.  I find it funny that they throw games under the bus as the issue and then go on with this stuff:


its like when word first mistakenly got out shortly after the shooting that his brother(Ryan) was the the shooter and people went onto his Facebook page, saw that he "Liked" Mass Effect and then bombarded the Mass Effect Facebook page with hate and blaming the creators of the game for the deaths of the children.

 

also, i found it interesting that his mother was a "prepper". she was hoarding food and previsions for an economic downfall apocalypse. explains why she got the guns, and its probably how he got all the ammunition and possibly the bulletproof vest.


I saw an image of that.  People were ripping the Bioware guys a new one cause the news outlets were just reporting whatever at the time and reported the wrong brother.  Don't know what's wrong with the general public.  The guy had mental issues but it seems blaming video games is an easy thing to do as the 'root cause'.

 

Did she have a gun cabinet or something to keep them in that only she had the key to (or a combination to)?  It just seems like a massive oversight on her part to know her son is troubled and take him shooting/keeping guns around/not secured that he can access.


Message 95 of 154 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/05/2010
Offline
13633 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

Bulletproof windows? Do you have any idea how much that would costs? Nor would it solve any problem. The gunman didn't shoot through a window. Smiley Very Happy 


I'm hoping you're not the kind of person who would keep schools with minimum security because it would "cost too much". Schools need guards (one police officer always there when open at the very least) and some sort of physical protection (like automatic locks on every door, bulletproof glass, metal detectors, or things along those lines).

 

They're easy targets right now; almost completely defenseless until help arrives (which almost always is too late)

Message 96 of 154 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/05/2010
Offline
13633 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

as expected whenever a young male does anything bad, they are blaming video games for the reason why Adam Lanza went on the shooting spree.

 

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/365190/Killer-Adam-Lanza-obsessed-with-violent-video-games/

 

also, since when was Dynasty Warriors "shockingly violent"?


It's not.  And to my knowledge, doesn't have guns.  I find it funny that they throw games under the bus as the issue and then go on with this stuff:


its like when word first mistakenly got out shortly after the shooting that his brother(Ryan) was the the shooter and people went onto his Facebook page, saw that he "Liked" Mass Effect and then bombarded the Mass Effect Facebook page with hate and blaming the creators of the game for the deaths of the children.

 

also, i found it interesting that his mother was a "prepper". she was hoarding food and previsions for an economic downfall apocalypse. explains why she got the guns, and its probably how he got all the ammunition and possibly the bulletproof vest.


I saw an image of that.  People were ripping the Bioware guys a new one cause the news outlets were just reporting whatever at the time and reported the wrong brother.  Don't know what's wrong with the general public.  The guy had mental issues but it seems blaming video games is an easy thing to do as the 'root cause'.


People are stupid. These kinds of people are only doing what their media outlet of choice tells them to. If the media says something is to blame, then the sheeple will mindlessly attack. Doesn't matter how right or wrong they are; they do what they're told and will never regret any harm they do.

 


SlashZaku wrote:

Did she have a gun cabinet or something to keep them in that only she had the key to (or a combination to)?  It just seems like a massive oversight on her part to know her son is troubled and take him shooting/keeping guns around/not secured that he can access.


Until they actually say what the security she had for the guns was, we won't know whether she had no security, gave him access, 
thought he didn't have access but he really did (figured it out on his own or watched her), he broke whatever locks were securing them, or something else. I don't want to go into witch-hunt-mode, so I'm waiting for facts on this.

 

The fact that he was unstable but nothing was done for him is unforgivable, not just for her but for anyone that knew. They are all to blame.

Message 97 of 154 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

Bulletproof windows? Do you have any idea how much that would costs? Nor would it solve any problem. The gunman didn't shoot through a window. Smiley Very Happy


With crap like this happening, I think 'costs' shouldn't be at the forefront of why 'not' to do it.  If the windows will help save lives, take the hit.  It's just a matter of where that money is coming from, sadly.  Education budget?  Most are struggling along as it is.  And I'm sure if they'd spring for the windows, may as well spring for doors as well.

 

It's less to do with the guy having/not having shot through a window and more the idea that if word gets out that someone is on campus with a gun and the warning goes out to lockdown, sealing the people in the classrooms with those protective measures in place would atleast be better than what's present.


Message 98 of 154 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

GuNz_52 wrote:

Bulletproof windows? Do you have any idea how much that would costs? Nor would it solve any problem. The gunman didn't shoot through a window. Smiley Very Happy 


I'm hoping you're not the kind of person who would keep schools with minimum security because it would "cost too much". Schools need guards (one police officer always there when open at the very least) and some sort of physical protection (like automatic locks on every door, bulletproof glass, metal detectors, or things along those lines).

 

They're easy targets right now; almost completely defenseless until help arrives (which almost always is too late)


my highschool actually had shatterproof glass for each window. although its not bulletproof, it cant easily be broken. we also had an armed on-campus police officer every day during school hours.

its not like anything has happened at my school before in which they needed this, it was just precaution and for safety. i believe they hired the on-campus police officer after Columbine.

but i think all schools should have something like that, some law enforcement on-campus, i know many already do.


Message 99 of 154 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 17, 2012
Since the update of Sandy Hook closing. The rest of the kids will be switched over to Monroe, CT. Monroe, is a peacful town! Been there many times.
Message 100 of 154 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes