Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 18, 2012
You think its too early for the kids to be back in school? I sort of agree with this. You have to get back with friends. And, be in that cycle.
Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 154 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Dec 18, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

All the chaos and bloodshed was caused by a maladjusted individual whose mother, knowing his mental state, bought guns in her name for her son.  If only he had stopped at her and himself, we would not be even talking about gun rights and the second amendment.

It is time to stop blaming the tools people use to create chaos.  It is time to start holding those around these people accountable for the wrong doers actions.  In this case, those around him met the fate of many.

In cases where there are survivors, who knew the person and their mental state, these people should be held accountable on charges of negligence.  I have relatives who are maladjusted, and concern me at times.  If I were to notice them amping up toward a vicious end, I would report it to SOMEONE.

Read THIS.

He was planning this, and those poor innocent souls at the school paid the price for others' negligence.

A tragedy has occurred, caused by a mentally unstable individual.  The media, and politicians are turning this into a diatribe on fire arms control.  It has nothing to do with gun control.  This individual; who was planning this, would have found a way to accomplish his goal, gun control or not.  

Yes I own a firearm.  Yes I have a license to carry.  Yes I have a child.  Yes I do believe the Second Amendment gives me the right to own and use a firearm.  Are gun regulations laxed?  Yes, certainly.  Should guns be taken away from everyone, except the overly armed police?  NO!

The focus here, should be the person, and not the tools he used.

Moble

Really, if it wasn't a gun, he would have found something else to use if he was looking to take more lives (such as homemade bombs which he could have just lobbed in windows and moved on to the next or a knife/blade which he could have locked himself in a classroom with and took his time).

I generally don't like the idea that as soon as this happened, there are people coming out saying "Oh great, now they're going to try and take our guns" or "Now we have reason to illegalize guns" or all this mud slinging at the entertainment industry.  Everyone kind of trying to push blame elsewhere instead of at the mental state of this individual, his mother for having the guns knowing his state, and those around/that knew him that didn't get him help or keep a closer eye on him.  If the family/neighbors knew, I'm wondering if anyone took her aside and said "Hey, we know Adam is a bit...you know.  Are you sure he should be around guns?"

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 154 (91 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Dec 18, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

All the chaos and bloodshed was caused by a maladjusted individual whose mother, knowing his mental state, bought guns in her name for her son.  If only he had stopped at her and himself, we would not be even talking about gun rights and the second amendment.

It is time to stop blaming the tools people use to create chaos.  It is time to start holding those around these people accountable for the wrong doers actions.  In this case, those around him met the fate of many.

In cases where there are survivors, who knew the person and their mental state, these people should be held accountable on charges of negligence.  I have relatives who are maladjusted, and concern me at times.  If I were to notice them amping up toward a vicious end, I would report it to SOMEONE.

Read THIS.

He was planning this, and those poor innocent souls at the school paid the price for others' negligence.

A tragedy has occurred, caused by a mentally unstable individual.  The media, and politicians are turning this into a diatribe on fire arms control.  It has nothing to do with gun control.  This individual; who was planning this, would have found a way to accomplish his goal, gun control or not.  

Yes I own a firearm.  Yes I have a license to carry.  Yes I have a child.  Yes I do believe the Second Amendment gives me the right to own and use a firearm.  Are gun regulations laxed?  Yes, certainly.  Should guns be taken away from everyone, except the overly armed police?  NO!

The focus here, should be the person, and not the tools he used.

Moble

Really, if it wasn't a gun, he would have found something else to use if he was looking to take more lives (such as homemade bombs which he could have just lobbed in windows and moved on to the next or a knife/blade which he could have locked himself in a classroom with and took his time).

I generally don't like the idea that as soon as this happened, there are people coming out saying "Oh great, now they're going to try and take our guns" or "Now we have reason to illegalize guns" or all this mud slinging at the entertainment industry.  Everyone kind of trying to push blame elsewhere instead of at the mental state of this individual, his mother for having the guns knowing his state, and those around/that knew him that didn't get him help or keep a closer eye on him.  If the family/neighbors knew, I'm wondering if anyone took her aside and said "Hey, we know Adam is a bit...you know.  Are you sure he should be around guns?"

Exactly. No one wants to deal with the real problems, no one wants to be accountable for their actions. This is why we're falling behind.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 154 (83 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I think Trutv, needs go as well. Adam, could've gotten his idea from a certain tv show. That channel is nothing but garbage.
Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 154 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Heck, the news stations aren't a good influence either. Constant coverage of these tragedies, the killers and the victims. You know there are psychos that see that and think they can do better...
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 154 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I just don't...:smileyindifferent::

A sixth grader in Utah told classmates yesterday his parents encouraged him to bring a gun to school in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy. He was apprehended by teachers after he was found with an unloaded .22 caliber handgun, according to local station, Fox 13.

The student remains unidentified, but is described as an 11-year-old boy at West Kearns Elementary School, in a suburb of Salt Lake City. He reportedly took the gun out of his backpack during recess Monday afternoon and showed it to classmates. Isabel Rios, a fellow student, told teachers he pointed the gun at her head and said he was going to kill her.

A spokesman for the school district told Fox 13 that although they were not notified immediately, teachers apprehended the student in “30 to 45 seconds” once they were alerted to the weapon. He was then taken to the principal’s office.

Local parents, however, aren’t satisfied with the school’s reaction. John Klaus, a father, complained, “There was no lockdown. No one was called. Nothing was done. And then we had to hear it from our kids.”

The administrators say there was no lockdown because the situation was resolved immediately and more importantly, they feared startling students. Police were called to determine the boy’s parents’ involvement in the incident and he was taken to juvenile hall.

LINK (w/ Clip)

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 154 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I think there's a lot of blame being tossed around but I will say this:

1. Details are still sketchy. Links to random news articles even from *respected* news organizations are often written more for hits/viewership than authenticity and fact.

2. That said we don't have any real idea what the Lanza's relationship was. The mother is going to catch heat for keeping guns and her son having access to them. However, her son may have been very good at hiding his intentions from his mother. We don't know. 

3. We may never know all the details.

4. Some form of stricter gun control is needed in my opinion. Gun control =/= gun ban. 

Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 154 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Dec 19, 2012
If his parents really did encourage that, then they are clearly demonstrating the problem; psycho attention-seeking ****** influenced by the media and its insane coverage of events.
Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 154 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Dec 19, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

I just don't...:smileyindifferent::

A sixth grader in Utah told classmates yesterday his parents encouraged him to bring a gun to school in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy. He was apprehended by teachers after he was found with an unloaded .22 caliber handgun, according to local station, Fox 13.

The student remains unidentified, but is described as an 11-year-old boy at West Kearns Elementary School, in a suburb of Salt Lake City. He reportedly took the gun out of his backpack during recess Monday afternoon and showed it to classmates. Isabel Rios, a fellow student, told teachers he pointed the gun at her head and said he was going to kill her.

A spokesman for the school district told Fox 13 that although they were not notified immediately, teachers apprehended the student in “30 to 45 seconds” once they were alerted to the weapon. He was then taken to the principal’s office.

Local parents, however, aren’t satisfied with the school’s reaction. John Klaus, a father, complained, “There was no lockdown. No one was called. Nothing was done. And then we had to hear it from our kids.”

The administrators say there was no lockdown because the situation was resolved immediately and more importantly, they feared startling students. Police were called to determine the boy’s parents’ involvement in the incident and he was taken to juvenile hall.

LINK (w/ Clip)

People are certainly dumb.  Children should never have, be given, or be able to use firearms.

If you want to take your child to a youth rifle training course at a registered and licensed range, fine.  However, no one should ever make the child feel as though a gun is theirs to do with as they please.  Children lack, and some adults, the ability to differentiate between situations that warrant the use of a firearm.  Giving a child a gun to carry around, and bring to school is idiocy.  Those parents should be locked up.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 154 (58 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Well here we go folks.  

Not to keep this ship steering toward the gun issue, and away from the actual tragedy, but this article is of interest.

As a gun owner; I agree with a lot of the issues brought up in the article, the size of the magazine not being one of them, but you know they could not leave another subject alone.

Read the last line of the first paragraph, and the third paragraph / quote.  Here they come folks, here they come.

Bubble wrap the World, and no one will be able to hurt themselves or others.  Control the actions, movements, choices, ideas, and thoughts of the people and you will save the World.  At what cost?

ARTICLE

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 154 (99 Views)
0 Likes