Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: DOES SONY READ THESE FORUMS

Jun 11, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Actually Sony does read the forums, but with this being E 3 week, it's very unlikely they'll have much time to read the thousands of new threads that are popping up here on all the information that's been released so far.

If by Sony you mean the Moderators that's true but there isn't a plethora of developers, marketers, or support people combing these forums for ideas or looking to help.

The Moderators are Sony employees. There are also non-Moderator Sony employees. Some of Sony's studios also have members who come here to participate on the forums, such as Naughty Dawg. 

I'll agree that most of the Sony employees aren't responding to the myriad of questions or offering helpful tasks, they leave that primarily to the community at large. But there is some behind the scenes interaction as well where they do ask for our insight and thoughts on how they can improve the PSN experience.

Message 11 of 20 (289 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jun 11, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Asphaltum wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

NO.

What he said. Just louder.

Uhm sorry to burst y'all's bubbles but Sony does indeed read these forums. They might not respond to most threads, but they are most definitely being read. We MVPs also bring a lot of things to their attention, such as threads voicing legitimate concerns, done tastefully.

My bubble isn't burst. I know that and Asphaltumprobably does too. When someone comes here asking that they usually mean "Where can I post an idea I have?" and wonder why it doen't get the attention they feel it deserves when posted here. Or they believe this is a direct link to Sony Support.

My mistake. I misunderstood what you two were saying. I don't pay attention to the bulk of the threads where people offer "ideas for Sony" so I don't always catch the humor attempts. Sorry about that.

Message 12 of 20 (287 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jun 11, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Sorry about that.

I don't think there is anything for any of us to be sorry about. Like I said it seems most times these threads are made it's because they believe this is a direct line to Sony and anyone that replies is with Sony. So "no" seemed like the most appropriate answer. I guess I'm sorry for the misunderstanding too after all. Smiley Embarassed

Message 13 of 20 (278 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Not to ruffle any feathers out there, I meant no disrespect. But as ne1atall stated eventhough there are Sony employees who look in from time to time, there really isn't anyone who can, for example, get certain games on the Vita, or to fix VOIP on the PS3, etc. So requests really have no place here since it seems they fall on deaf ears.

And I thought I'd poke fun at it. No worries, all is still good. Cheers to the OP.

Message 14 of 20 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 11, 2013

punjabiboy14 wrote:
I was wondering if SONY reads our Forums

Yes they do. 

Message 15 of 20 (265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

You know what? You're right. They do. Jack Tretton is probably reading this right now.

Message 16 of 20 (248 Views)
PlayStation Support
5898 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Yes.  Yes we do.

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 17 of 20 (237 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Genesis does what Nintendon't. Oh wait... but no, Sony does not read this forum. Maybe if the planets align, and the cosmos demand it to happen. But most of the time, no. Your best chance is to post at the PS Blog. Good luck. Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 20 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jun 11, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Genesis does what Nintendon't. Oh wait... but no, Sony does not read this forum. Maybe if the planets align, and the cosmos demand it to happen. But most of the time, no. Your best chance is to post at the PS Blog. Good luck. Smiley Very Happy

Haven't you been paying attention? They do. This is practically a direct line to the board of directors.

Message 19 of 20 (228 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Jun 11, 2013

The short anser is: yes

a lot of information that is posted on this forum is read by SCEA officials. Mods, Community Managers, Devs and more Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20 (224 Views)