Well I was on here a while agoasking for some help with various things, one of which was designing a logo that I would use for various reasons.
Here is what I have come up with so far
Anyone have any suggestions to make it better? any flaws you notice? I am just looking for a way to make this better since it seems kind of bland to me or should I scrap it and go a different route with my logo?
I'm going to be brutally honest for your own sake.
- That's extremely generic and resembles stock photo material.
- It lacks any creative spins unique to the creator/organization it represents.
- The name needs work as well.
- You need to get a specialty font of professional appeal. It'll cost a wad to license, but I recommend you go to fontshop.
Yea I wasn't real sure about the font myself, I am not worried about needing to go anywhere for fonts because I have 750+ on my comp already. The name is actually McClendon Productions so I just put 'M' instead of typing all that out, as far as the creative spin... well I am trying to work on that. I don't want to do anything to crazy with the logo becase it is something I am going to be using for my portfolio and other things.
To anyone else with input don't be afraid to do like Xajen1 did, your not going to make me mad or whatever by shredding my work to bits as long as you can offer help back. Thank you Xajen1 for your opinion, I can see all your points
- I'm not up on my 3D terms but the perspective (I think) of this doesn't really make sense. The "M" looks like its laying on its back while the "productions" is upright and coming forward. It just looks awkward. Try to be consistent if you use a 3D look.
- Try to also keep a consistent style. The steel look of the "M" doesn't match anything else.
- Try a better color scheme. This is sometimes tough but try to choose colors that match. Have a look through this. LINK.
Well I am just trying out different things, I went 3D with this one because I was experimenting with the PS and Illustrator '3D' capabilities which I could never figure out before. I was going to go for an 'orb' logo like the one I made for my clan *left* and one I made to look like a jewel *right*
Only thing about them though is they are really limiting in their uses. To give you a better feel of what I am going for here is my splash page for Facebook that I am finishing up *but without the antirip stuff*