Fender Bender
3804 posts

Re: Creepiest Moments In Gaming (Spoilers ahead)

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

Have you tried running SH4 as an administrator, and changing the compatibility to windowx XP 3?

Also, yeah, are you waiting for maria in the hallway? that might be the problem, just run as fast as you can to the elevator and screw maria, the cutscene will occur either way.

I did make it run as an administrator, and changed the compatibility. That actually fixed the black screen you start with, without forcing me to go desktop to remove it.

And for SH2, I always just run like hell, I never wait for her. But she still dies. :/ I guess I'll have to watch a vid of someone doing that part on hard.

@GOW71 I've never played Fatal Frames, but I've heard good stuff about them. Maybe give it a try myself too!

Message 41 of 60 (133 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12491 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Wow.

I was playing SH2 on PC yesterday by continuing an old save I had. It was right at the start of the hospital. So I play all the way to hallway where

Spoiler
Pyramid head starts chasing you and Maria.

I didn't think I would have any trouble with this part, because I've never failed it before. But now... She died! For the first time EVER! And now I'm stuck at this part. :/ She dies every time.

I'm also playing on Hard difficulty (for the first time) and I didn't think it would make any difference but it looks like it does.. Any tips for this part?

This part also scares the sh-it out of me, every single time. Smiley Very Happy Especially now on hard, because it's so much.. well, harder. Smiley Sad

Oh and on my first attempt I hadn't saved at all during the hospital, so that **bleep** me a bit too.

Edit. And I'm still angry about SH4. Is there any way to get higher resolution? 1024 x 768 looks disgusting imo. I also read that Konami had capped FPS 30 and 15 for the cutscenes. I mean, what the hell?

If you are trying to go through Silent Hill 2 with only a couple of saves then try to save either (a) before exiting the apartment, (b) before exiting the hospital, or (c) before exiting the labyrinth. If you have played through Silent Hill 2 at least once then you are familiar with these spots.

Here’s a tip: Silent Hill 2 has two control types. Use the 2D control type during the hospital hallway scene. This control type might make things easier here. You basically need to go through that area as fast as possible (being able to turn on a dime can save you some time).

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 42 of 60 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

If you are trying to go through Silent Hill 2 with only a couple of saves then try to save either (a) before exiting the apartment, (b) before exiting the hospital, or (c) before exiting the labyrinth. If you have played through Silent Hill 2 at least once then you are familiar with these spots.

Here’s a tip: Silent Hill 2 has two control types. Use the 2D control type during the hospital hallway scene. This control type might make things easier here. You basically need to go through that area as fast as possible (being able to turn on a dime can save you some time).

I first tried to get a decent ending rank, by using only two saves and get some of the stats gold, which is why I hadn't saved after I had reached the hallway part. But this time, I just thought that screw it, I'll save right before that part. 

After about 6 tries I managed to get past that part. I first tried running like hell around 3 times. After that, I did some googling, and found out that one tactic that could be used, shooting the PH. 

I did that and after another 3-4 tries (Because I shot Maria few times :l ), I finally beat it! It seemed  that the PH got staggered when you  shot him, so Maria had enough time to get to me while PH was immobile. 

Message 43 of 60 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Nice Alluboy, I never tried shooting PH on that part, new tip for me as well!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 44 of 60 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Yay, finished SH2 on hard yesterday. Oh boy, normal is nothing when compared to hard.

I wanted to get a decent ranking, and after finishing the game (Got Rebirth ending), my rank was 7.2.

I'd say it's pretty good for a first attempt on hard. The final PH fight was a PAIN. I read somewhere that it would be timed too, but it would take reeeally long time, so I tried that first, but gave up later.

I used HUGE amount of healing items in that fight. Probably like 6-8 FA kits, 10-15 healing drinks, and even an ampoule or two.  I don't know how I screwed that up, usually I can finish this without taking a scratch (or maybe a hit or two). I first went with rifle, but they almost always hit me after one shot, unless I managed to stagger and interrupt their attacks so I can fire the whole clip, or 3 shots before I start running.

After that I switched to pistol. Even though it's faster (and you can move too), I still took damage from them.. :[

After the fight, and final boss (and stats show up), I had taken an incredible amount of ~2300 points of damage. Now THAT'S a lot! I can usually get under 500, or slightly over on normal difficulty.

Oh well, maybe I'll get the dog ending next time I play on hard.  I didn't have it that time, so I couldn't take it.

And to avoid turning this into me just talking about my SH2 playthrough, I gotta mention another creepy thing, the level in Thief: Deadly Shadows called Shalebridge Cradle. It's an insane asylum (and an orphanage). I both loved and hated playing that level.

The zombies in there.. D:

Message 45 of 60 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 19, 2013
The PS2 remake of one of the old silent hills had a part where you have to hide under a bed or something from these were zombie demon things. I was just watching my older brother play and when the thing was walking around the room in fast forward I was so tense like "hoooy **bleep** please don't notice him. Just leave. Leave god damnit leave without his head." Then it got down on the floor and I forget the rest... I might have left the room.
Akarin!~
Message 46 of 60 (93 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Apr 19, 2013

squirrelywrath wrote:
The PS2 remake of one of the old silent hills had a part where you have to hide under a bed or something from these were zombie demon things. I was just watching my older brother play and when the thing was walking around the room in fast forward I was so tense like "hoooy **bleep** please don't notice him. Just leave. Leave god damnit leave without his head." Then it got down on the floor and I forget the rest... I might have left the room.

There was only 1 Silent Hill on PS1 and it wasn't remade.  I'm curious what game you're actually thinking of.

Message 47 of 60 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

squirrelywrath wrote:

There was only 1 Silent Hill on PS1 and it wasn't remade.  I'm curious what game you're actually thinking of.

Hmm..Maybe he meant Shattered memories? I haven't played it myself, but isn't it filled with SH1 characters?

Hiding under the bed kinda suggests that. I mean, don't you just hide and run away from monsters in that game instead of fight?

Message 48 of 60 (78 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Apr 19, 2013

cant believe those who mentioned Dead Space 2 forgot about this.

warning, rather graphic and VERY disturbing.

Message 49 of 60 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

squirrelywrath wrote:

Hmm..Maybe he meant Shattered memories? I haven't played it myself, but isn't it filled with SH1 characters?

Hiding under the bed kinda suggests that. I mean, don't you just hide and run away from monsters in that game instead of fight?

Maybe, but I don't remember ever hiding under a bed (or anywhere, really) in Shattered Memories.  When there are enemies, you pretty much just run.

Message 50 of 60 (64 Views)
0 Likes