Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Creepiest Moments In Gaming (Spoilers ahead)

Apr 12, 2013

Yes, that lady was Cynthia, the first person you meet. The deaths in the game are the most interesting part, because their all connected in some way, but im gonna let you play the game before I tell you anything.

You can easily torrent the game off the internet, and any old pc can play it, so you might wanna give that a try.

Also, not really a spoiler, but this is one of the scariest enemies in ANY SH game, which you encounter in SH4:

SH4 Enemy

They look a bit scarier in-game, thats just a conecept art of them I found on google images.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 31 of 60 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
3826 posts

Apr 13, 2013

You know what, I think I'm going to give it another try, TODAY! Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 60 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I didn't read this thread because I picked up the Silent Hill HD Collection and don't want to risk any spoilers but my scariest moment in gaming is Fatal Frame. I rented it back in 2003 from Blockbuster and later bought it but man it actually had me pretty good. All lights off, volume turned up.

I hope we get FF2 and 3 on PSN in the future! Although an HD disc would just kick ***.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 33 of 60 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Silent Hill 4 isn't part of the HD Collection, and has nothing to do with any of the other SH games(like every SH game, except for SH3 I suppose, which is tied in with SH1).

The only real spoiler that was given was the first death scene(of many)which happens pretty early on in the game, so you should be good.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 34 of 60 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3826 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Aaaargh! I can't even get the game working properly! I can't remember having problems like these the last time I played the game.

First of all, after I had installed the game, I couldn't change the resolution from 640 x 480 any higher. Only even LOWER option was available, which was 400 x 300. I found out about temporary removing a file from the folder, which allowed me to change the resolution to 1024 x 768.

Next problem, the *beep beep beep and beep* controls. When I got the control of the character, the room you start was completely black, but I could hear my character walking if you moved the left stick. So, I take a quick visit to desktop and come back, and the room is visible now. One problem solved, 20 remains.

And now, the actual controls....Jesus. I can't seem to be able to turn left or right. I can only move forward, backwards and SIDEWAYS/STRAFE. So I can't even exit the room because I'm supposed to open the door, but I can't because I'm not facing it (which is impossible :l ).

I'm playing with a PS3 controller, using MotionJoy, and I've played with a controller before too, but I'm not sure was it a PS3 controller. What am I supposed to do to get it working!?

Edit: I even tried moving with a keyboard, but I STILL can't turn around.

Edit2: Controls are solved now. I had to change the first person movement from "sideways" to "rotate". I managed to kill the first two enemies, checked one of the doors in restroom, and the game crashed. Smiley Indifferent

Just... F this. I'll try again some other day.

Message 35 of 60 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3826 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

Wow.

I was playing SH2 on PC yesterday by continuing an old save I had. It was right at the start of the hospital. So I play all the way to hallway where

Spoiler
Pyramid head starts chasing you and Maria.

I didn't think I would have any trouble with this part, because I've never failed it before. But now... She died! For the first time EVER! And now I'm stuck at this part. :/ She dies every time.

I'm also playing on Hard difficulty (for the first time) and I didn't think it would make any difference but it looks like it does.. Any tips for this part?

This part also scares the sh-it out of me, every single time. Smiley Very Happy Especially now on hard, because it's so much.. well, harder. Smiley Sad

Oh and on my first attempt I hadn't saved at all during the hospital, so that **bleep** me a bit too.

Edit. And I'm still angry about SH4. Is there any way to get higher resolution? 1024 x 768 looks disgusting imo. I also read that Konami had capped FPS 30 and 15 for the cutscenes. I mean, what the hell?

Message 36 of 60 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Have you tried running SH4 as an administrator, and changing the compatibility to windowx XP 3?

Also, yeah, are you waiting for maria in the hallway? that might be the problem, just run as fast as you can to the elevator and screw maria, the cutscene will occur either way.

Message 37 of 60 (90 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I just downloaded FATAL FRAME a ps2 classic this weekend cuz my wife was all like "it's soo scary you run around and take pictures of ghosts before they kill you" I was like "whatever..." 

I'm not afraid to admit when I am wrong. That game gives me the heebie jeebies.

Message 38 of 60 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Oh yea, fatal frame is supposed to be up there with SH in scariest games in history, haven't got a chance to play it yet, though.

It's on PSN??

Message 39 of 60 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 15, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Oh yea, fatal frame is supposed to be up there with SH in scariest games in history, haven't got a chance to play it yet, though.

It's on PSN??

Yup just downladed it yesterday.  

Message 40 of 60 (80 Views)
0 Likes