Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Creepiest Moments In Gaming (Spoilers ahead)

Apr 12, 2013
SH4 was my personal fav, others might say SH 2 or 3, but I say 4 for various reasons. It scared me more, simple as that, had a better story as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 21 of 60 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Dead Space 2

When the screaming children creatures with the long fingers came running at me.

I forgot to play the game and took my avatar and just ran and ran and ran.........

When I went to bed that night, I couldn't get their screams out of my head LOL.

The Dead Space games make me jump when playing them and that's why I love them so.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 22 of 60 (468 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Apr 12, 2013

This creeped me out as a kid

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 23 of 60 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3799 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
SH4 was my personal fav, others might say SH 2 or 3, but I say 4 for various reasons. It scared me more, simple as that, had a better story as well.

I've always wanted to complete SH4, but I still haven't. Everytime I start a new game, I play it for a while and then just...stop. :l And when I finally decide to give it another try, it's been so long that I just start a new game (again).

Also there were these ghosts that scared the **bleep** out of me (and are invincible?). Smiley Very Happy

The inventory system was another thing I hated. Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 60 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 12, 2013

After much searching (I even typed up a thread reqesting help finding it), I managed to hunt down the title of a game that had caughtmy attention back before I had a computer. I just bought Lone Survivor off of Steam, and my heart was pounding within the first 5 minutes. The games pace slowed down considerably afterwards, but I'm looking forward to diving back into it tomorrow night.

Message 25 of 60 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3799 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Yikes, gotta be careful about spolers.

Scariest games I've played are probably Demon's/Dark Souls. For example the prison level Tower of Latria is pretty creepy and my first time I played it 3 black phantoms invided my world in 3-1. Also, the heart pounding before entering a boss battle, wow. You can't drop your guard in these games because you never know what lurks behind the next corner. 

My favorite level in the whole game. Smiley Tongue

I can still remember my first time fighting the enemies there. I tried to sneak up on one of them, but the enemy there turns around and  suddenly starts ringing his bell and I was like "Oh crap! What's he going to do?!" and I get by his magic attack and before I can retaliate or just GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE, he paralyzes me and then stabs me with his tentacle, or whatever sharp thingy he has on his face. Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 60 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Yeah, the ghosts were invcincible, which is what made it scary to me, they were monsters you just couldn't kill. However, later on in the game you get an item which you can use to pin down ghosts so they can't move.

There ARE enemies in the game later on that you can kill, but ghosts you cannot. I also hated the inventory system.

The game DOES start out slow, just like any good horror movie, but it picks up the farther you get. The whole time through the subway, and the forest worlds, are pretty slow tbh. Once you get to the water prison, things start to get interesting. Then when you visit all the worlds AGAIN it gets even scarier. Put it this way, when Walter Sullivan(the main baddie)makes his appearence in the game, then you know its gonna pick up fast, walter is one of my all time fav villains in ANY game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 27 of 60 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3799 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

The game DOES start out slow, just like any good horror movie, but it picks up the farther you get. The whole time through the subway, and the forest worlds, are pretty slow tbh. Once you get to the water prison, things start to get interesting. Then when you visit all the worlds AGAIN it gets even scarier. Put it this way, when Walter Sullivan(the main baddie)makes his appearence in the game, then you know its gonna pick up fast, walter is one of my all time fav villains in ANY game.

I don't remember much about the playthrough I had last time.  I do remember some of the subway (those dog enemies for example), and the forests you mentioned.

Also during the subway(?) you find a

Spoiler
woman who's covered in HUGE amounts of blood. Or..something like that. Smiley Tongue

I think I stopped around there.

Message 28 of 60 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 12, 2013

johngie wrote:

After much searching (I even typed up a thread reqesting help finding it), I managed to hunt down the title of a game that had caughtmy attention back before I had a computer. I just bought Lone Survivor off of Steam, and my heart was pounding within the first 5 minutes. The games pace slowed down considerably afterwards, but I'm looking forward to diving back into it tomorrow night.

I'm very much looking forward to playing this game.

It hits PSN this summer Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 29 of 60 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Shoot! THAT'S why I was interested in it! It was like 2 in the morning when I found the game, and as soon as I did, I went ahead and bought it. Hm well now I wish I had waited a bit.
Message 30 of 60 (110 Views)
0 Likes