2026 posts

Re: Crash Bandicoot HD

Aug 23, 2012

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:
It was called Crash Boom Bang,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrKBbHFWdk

Yuck, looks like some sort of Mario Party knock off.

I was kind of hoping for Crash Bash for the Playstation 3, that actually resembles old school Crash.

Never going to happen. There hasn't been a single Crash Bandicoot game released for the PS3 outside of the PS1 ports to PSN.

Wish Sony would take back their icon and redeem him some day.. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 39 (170 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Looks pretty good, although the level looks more like Sandover Village from Jak and Daxter and he kind of overused bloom.

There was a similiar project running but got cancelled it runs on the crysis engine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 39 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Looks pretty good, although the level looks more like Sandover Village from Jak and Daxter and he kind of overused bloom.

There was a similiar project running but got cancelled it runs on the crysis engine.

It doesn't look so bad but doesn't feel like Crash, or really look it. Kind of gives me the feel of Crop Circle Country from Spyro: Enter the DragonFly haha.

Message 13 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012
ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

I was kind of hoping for Crash Bash for the Playstation 3, that actually resembles old school Crash.

Never going to happen. There hasn't been a single Crash Bandicoot game released for the PS3 outside of the PS1 ports to PSN.

Crash was never Sony's-

"Crash Bandicoot and the Crash Bandicoot logo are trademarks and copyrighted poperties of Universal Studios, Inc."

Message 14 of 39 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Aug 23, 2012

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

You never know that! You know you make yourself look like a total tool when you say things like that. Do you honestly think Activision is oblivious to all this attention and positive feedback Crash is getting? They're not stupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 39 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Aug 23, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

You never know that! You know you make yourself look like a total tool when you say things like that. Do you honestly think Activision is oblivious to all this attention and positive feedback Crash is getting? They're not stupid.

Of course they aren't stupid, which is why they aren't going to return to a dead IP that hasn't made them money since they took it over from their parent company Vivendi-Universal.

Message 16 of 39 (144 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Aug 23, 2012

MGS4_80GB wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

Of course they aren't stupid, which is why they aren't going to return to a dead IP that hasn't made them money since they took it over from their parent company Vivendi-Universal.

Oh my god, are you that stupid? 4 years, is not that dead buddy, and why wouldn't they bring him back? Because the fans have showed that they still care about him and there's still intrest in the character and the franchise? Because many people said they would by an HD remake of the game? An HD remake is the perfect way to bring him back, if it sells well, reboot the franchise, if it doesn't leave him be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 39 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Aug 23, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

He's not owned by Activision, he's owned by Universal. Why the hell does everyone keep saying he's owned by Activision?

Death_by_Ownage-Sig.png

Message 18 of 39 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

MGS4_80GB wrote:
ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

Crash was never Sony's-

"Crash Bandicoot and the Crash Bandicoot logo are trademarks and copyrighted poperties of Universal Studios, Inc."

I know I know, I'm a huge fan of Universal and found this out with some research. But he was the icon of the original Playstation, there is no doubt about that. Same goes for Spyro. He was ownded by Universal, but a major icon of that Playstation generation. Through partner companies, parent companies, Universal is still linked to Crash and Spyro today.

I just wish he would be a Playstation Exclusive again, and they started making decent games for him again. Why did he die? From being tossed around from different developers constantly changing him and eventually just ruining him and the games. Wish Sony could get a hold of him and Spyro some how. I'd love to see exclusives like HD remakes of the original Playstation games, them in All-Stars, and some new but awesome games for them.. But this seems to be a fairytale dream land now Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 39 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Death-by-Ownage wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

MGS4_80GB wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

wolfmankid05 wrote:

He's not owned by Activision, he's owned by Universal. Why the hell does everyone keep saying he's owned by Activision?

No Activision owns all the rights to the name Crash Bandicoot and the Franchise itself.

Message 20 of 39 (127 Views)
0 Likes