Highlighted
Mar 06 2012
By: reaper-ICU I Only Post Everything 1114 posts

Country I am appriciating right now woth video game controversies.

6 replies 11 views Edited Mar 6, 2012

I am begining to appriciate Russia. While i do agree i do not like its government nor most things about it, i appriciate the fact they dont complain and start a whole controversy because they are bad guys. For example, the Battlefield series, BF3 in particular, uses Russia as the bad dogs, COD Black Ops uses them as bad guys who create nova 6 and MW2 and MW3 use them as the big bad dogs. Heck, the movie Red Dawn uses them as bad dogs and guess who does not complain. Russia. I appriciate the fact that they dont go all baby on these games and many others for them being the bad guys and, in my opinion, they understand it did not happen, will probly never happen, and that its for entertainment.

COD Black Ops, i play as OP 40 and go kill Spetznats, i think i spelled that wrong, but they dont complain. Because its a video game, not real, and for entertainment. Most other countries take it way out of hand.

COD4 for example was banned, i belive, in arabia or somthing like that because of its content on the terrorists killing and slaughtering US soldiers and there own people and it being an insult to there religion ect. O.K. i see no controversy in that. They do slaughter and tourture there own people and treat them brutally along with US soldiers who are captured, so far only Bowe Birgdahl is our only POW but you see my point. The developers only take history and what they have actually done. No controversy or racial slander, just a game based off of what they have done. Heck, they should be happy a game was made where they kill there captors.

Another thing is Homefront. As bad or a fail as it was, although i tend to enjoy it at times, was so bad because of Korea attacking the US and them uniting with the north. Guess what, homefront was supposed to be placed as China attacking the US but they complained about it and our government having a weak backbone decided to say to THQ and Kaos to change it! They chose China because it would be more to the reality of now, but no. Some countrie had to complain rather than look at it as entertainment and not face reality. Heck, China does not like us, why are they complaining about a game that makes them the dudes who conqure us? Because they are whiners. So it was changed to a Unified Korea blah blah blah. And South Kores threw a fit about it because they unite with the north and litteraly said they would never do so. Really? What has the South Korean Government and the North been trying to do all these years? Join and unify, although it soundds distant and highly unlikely. Hypocritic much? And then they complain about all the innacuracies about how the oil fields in the middle east go up and because they depend on the US for it, it would not be correct. Guess what, the developers of homefront added all these innacuracies because they didnt want it to be real of show that it couldnt happen. then they complain about the killing of US civilians dipicted in the game. O.K. once again we look at history. In the game a Norht Korean leader is the leader of Unified Korea. If they invaded the US what the hell do you think they would do? Hand out flowers and bath soap? No. We look at North Korea Government and Military tyranny history of how they brutally murderd people, just as they do in homefront. Once again, developers look at history and use it in a game. No lies or racism, just truth and history of what they have done.

I rambled on there about the main countries that cant take it for entertainment but that is why i respect Russia so far because they dont start a shitstorm over it. They did complain about the "No Russian" mission in MW2 but that is understandable. So personnel belifes behind about this country, it is the one thing i respect them for. What about you?

Message 1 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8181 posts

Re: Country I am appriciating right now woth video game controversies.

Mar 6, 2012

I think Russians have bigger worries than Video Game "Controversies."

Either that, or that they have actually developed common sense to seperate fantasy and reality.

-----------

Quote unrelated to modern Russia:

A Briton, a Frenchman and a Russian are viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden. "Look at their reserve, their calm," muses the Brit. "They must be British."

"Nonsense," the Frenchman disagrees. "They're naked, and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French."

"No way! They have no clothes and no shelter," the Russian points out, "They have only an apple to eat, and they are being told they live in a paradise. Obviously, they are Russian."
Message 2 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Point taken and agreed with you. I mean, thats why i respect them so much right now because of that. They did complain about no russian mission on MW2 but that is killing civilians so i kinda see where they are coming from there.

Message 3 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Mar 6, 2012

The American media has been painting Russians as "the bad guys" since before the Cold War and past the fall of the Soviet Union. Just as Americans were during the Cold War in Russia; although I'm not entirely sure about more contemporary films and whatnot. I don't think it's so much complacency but more apathy, at this point a simple game means nothing.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Mar 6, 2012

You completley missed the point. While i do admitt russia is known to be the bad bros and what not, they do not throw a fit over it like most countries do who cant even take a little criticisim or joke. They dont complain because they can tell the difference between real, or unreal so far. And the movie red dawn that i mentioned, They are remaking it and its supposed to come out this year like in november i belive, but get this. To keep up with the times and all that, it was going to be changed from russia and cuba, to china and i belive north korea. But once again these asian countries dont like to be painted as villians and complained as usual. Why? Because it was going to depict images and clips of chinese and north koreans killing Americans in brutal ways that they have done in history. Russia accepts the fact of history and what they have done. These asians just dont like to face facts and hide from it.

Message 5 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Mar 7, 2012

reaper-ICU schrieb:

You completley missed the point. While i do admitt russia is known to be the bad bros and what not, they do not throw a fit over it like most countries do who cant even take a little criticisim or joke. They dont complain because they can tell the difference between real, or unreal so far. And the movie red dawn that i mentioned, They are remaking it and its supposed to come out this year like in november i belive, but get this. To keep up with the times and all that, it was going to be changed from russia and cuba, to china and i belive north korea. But once again these asian countries dont like to be painted as villians and complained as usual. Why? Because it was going to depict images and clips of chinese and north koreans killing Americans in brutal ways that they have done in history. Russia accepts the fact of history and what they have done. These asians just dont like to face facts and hide from it.

lol what?

I'd think that they would rather complain about that the thing that would be shown is a protagonist (of course, an american) that is killing all the other folks, being chinese or what not....

I wonder if any dev from another country made a game about killing americans... I bet there would be a flood of hypocritic media blabla from all over the U.S.... lol

BF3 Stats
Message 6 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I dont know what you mean by dev but i dont think another country has made one game like this, except japan if you want to get technical because they helped make homefront. But could you clarify your other statements in order to prevent confusion because i am missing the piont.

Message 7 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes