Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7685 posts

Re: Could someone give me a link to one of these?

Jan 24, 2007

PS2master4444 wrote:
Wrong thread. 

PikachuSnowman wrote:
Pikachu is not obsolete!  When I went to the 10th Anniversary Pokemon celebration, there were a lot of people!  All of those people use Pikachu in some way!

I know, I just reposted it!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007
PikachuSnowman is so uterly strange and confusing...yet so cool:smileyvery-happy:
APPLE SPY
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PikachuSnowman wrote:

PS2master4444 wrote:
Wrong thread. 

PikachuSnowman wrote:
Pikachu is not obsolete!  When I went to the 10th Anniversary Pokemon celebration, there were a lot of people!  All of those people use Pikachu in some way!

Have you ever played the game "Hey you, Pikachu" for N64?  I'll admit that I played that ALL the time. 
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7685 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:
That would be breaking the copy-right protection on the disks, and therefore it would be illegal, and you'd need a HD-DVD drive and a Blu-ray drive in your computer, and that's even if you could break the copy-right protection...illegally.

It is not illegal if I am copying my own data from one disk to another.  I saved something on a high-definition digital versatile disk and want to transfer it to a Blu-Ray disk.

It's not illegal to transfer it, but it is illegal to break the copy-right protection, which you must do in order to transfer the data. So yes, it is illegal...sorry:smileysad:

The data I want to transfer is not copyrighted!  I just have a few videos and photograpgs from my own camera!

Oh! I thought you ment movies.....

Do you have a Blu-ray and HD-DVD drive in your computer?

No, I replaced my high-definition digital versatile disk drive with a Blu-Ray drive.

Your computer can't hold two drives? You're on a laptop?

Obviously, you need the HD-DVD drive, in order to copy data. From there, I believe, it is simply a matter of copying and pasting the data from the HD-DVD drive to the Blu-Ray drive.

Why would I need two drives?  I only want the most current!  Also, I do not want to copy the data myself, I want a separate unit that will copy the data for me.  Sony made one to copy video home systems to digital versatile disks!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7685 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PS2master4444 wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

PS2master4444 wrote:
Wrong thread. 

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Have you ever played the game "Hey you, Pikachu" for N64?  I'll admit that I played that ALL the time. 

Of course I have!  I loved when Pikachu would throw tissues around my room, and I would tell him to use thunder on them!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:
That would be breaking the copy-right protection on the disks, and therefore it would be illegal, and you'd need a HD-DVD drive and a Blu-ray drive in your computer, and that's even if you could break the copy-right protection...illegally.

It is not illegal if I am copying my own data from one disk to another.  I saved something on a high-definition digital versatile disk and want to transfer it to a Blu-Ray disk.

It's not illegal to transfer it, but it is illegal to break the copy-right protection, which you must do in order to transfer the data. So yes, it is illegal...sorry:smileysad:

The data I want to transfer is not copyrighted!  I just have a few videos and photograpgs from my own camera!

No, I replaced my high-definition digital versatile disk drive with a Blu-Ray drive.

Obviously, you need the HD-DVD drive, in order to copy data. From there, I believe, it is simply a matter of copying and pasting the data from the HD-DVD drive to the Blu-Ray drive.

Why would I need two drives?  I only want the most current!  Also, I do not want to copy the data myself, I want a separate unit that will copy the data for me.  Sony made one to copy video home systems to digital versatile disks!

Sony doesn't support HD-DVDs.

In order to copy content from an HD-DVD, you need some form of HD-DVD drive.....

Blu-Ray isn't the latest and greats...

Holographic Versatile Disks are.

These discs have the capacity to hold up to 3.9 terabytes (TB) of information, which is approximately 6,000 times the capacity of a CD-ROM, 830 times the capacity of a DVD, 160 times the capacity of single-layer Blu-ray Discs, and about 12 times the capacity of standard computer hard drives as of 2007. The HVD also has a transfer rate of 1 gigabit/s. Optware was expected to release a 200 GB disc in early June 2006, and Maxell in September 2006 with a capacity of 300 GB and transfer rate of 20 MB/s
APPLE SPY
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PikachuSnowman wrote:

PS2master4444 wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

PS2master4444 wrote:
Wrong thread. 

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Of course I have!  I loved when Pikachu would throw tissues around my room, and I would tell him to use thunder on them!

That sounds SOOOOOOOO wrong:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
APPLE SPY
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PikachuSnowman wrote:

thatonekid393 wrote:
You can call them HD-DVDs you know....

Abbreviations are too ambiguous!

Well, Blu-ray is short for Blumbasticuloganalous Raydonationarisystemicular Device.

Guess you'll have to type that out.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2326 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

ha! that's what you get for staying "current-gen" on everything. 
i sometimes go by gargig
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jan 24, 2007

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Aowen wrote:

It is not illegal if I am copying my own data from one disk to another. I saved something on a high-definition digital versatile disk and want to transfer it to a Blu-Ray disk.

If you've made HD-DVD's from your computer, you've already purchased a next-gen disc writer... so it'd be pointless to buy another device that has two drives in it, one of which duplicates what you've already got.

Just buy a blu-ray writer for the computer, and that's all you need. If your computer doesn't have room for both a blu-ray drive and an hd-dvd drive, then port your data to external hard drive for your data storage needs. It just seems to me that a standalone Blu-Ray drive and an external hard drive would be cheaper than a device that would contain both disc writers, and presumably a hard drive for temporary data storage buffer.

Or you could avoid the external hard drive altogether and get yourself a PC case that's capable of handling both an HD-DVD writer and a Blu-ray writer.... ultimately the cheapest option. Besides, if you go the route of the PC having the blu-ray writer in it, rather than using some external HD-DVD/Blu-Ray converter device, then you will end up being able to burn BD's directly, rather than having to burn both an HD-DVD and a Blu-Ray just to get the blu-ray.

However, I'm not sure why you'd need both... or if you're even being serious with this topic, but this is my view of this regardless
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes