Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Re: Computer trouble!

Jan 2, 2007
Can someone who has never altered their icons, desktop, etc (if they even exist :smileywink:) please email me their Shell32.dll file for Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition? kurt1288@gmail.com Thanks.

Message Edited by stealthy on 01-02-2007 01:55 PM
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 11 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6089 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Heres what you gotta do: Right click your taskbar (on bottom of screen, I dont know wif that's what it's really called), click properties, go to start menu tab, click "customize...", go to advanced tab, then select your icons that you want put back on your start menu.

Tell me if you still need the Shell32.dll, even though I'm on XP Pro, not Media Center.
PM me if you can decrypt the following:
fW Pz9Xvut 6x4UkDf cYdtw5 urcDK lpgxL +x+f J3o ndoD S9JUcpDVRb zAHabg /6NSb WZW3 bl6 0Mxs0j agV+ Y3DeWjJfbR, WQl3 zojLK M64mddEvY UPMot 49Oc VZZO60 9x4pT

Your hint is: "12345" (You NEED this to get it)
Another hint: Encryptor is spelled with a -or, not -er
Another: Where do you go when you need help? Why would I tell you how to spell "encryptor?"
And another: You won't have to leave this browser window to figure it out
Finally someone got it: Congrats to SecretAgentMan on 7/13/07
Message 12 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 2, 2007

PSPfreak wrote:
Heres what you gotta do: Right click your taskbar (on bottom of screen, I dont know wif that's what it's really called), click properties, go to start menu tab, click "customize...", go to advanced tab, then select your icons that you want put back on your start menu.

Tell me if you still need the Shell32.dll, even though I'm on XP Pro, not Media Center.

Ya, that didn't work. The icons are being displayed as the "unknown file type" icon. I have no idea what to do anymore.
Nice sig btw
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 13 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6089 posts

Jan 2, 2007
lol, you like my sig? Thanks. No one will ever get it

Did you actually try clicking on the icons? Sometimes that helps.

Another thing to try: Go to c:\Docs and settings\all users\start menu and then create a new shortcut there and make the target "%SystemRoot%\system32\control.exe appwiz.cpl,,3" That's what my "set program access and defaults" shortcut points to.

As for the other missing icons, I have no idea what you might do, because they're not shortcuts. Good luck. I'll post here if I think of anything
PM me if you can decrypt the following:
fW Pz9Xvut 6x4UkDf cYdtw5 urcDK lpgxL +x+f J3o ndoD S9JUcpDVRb zAHabg /6NSb WZW3 bl6 0Mxs0j agV+ Y3DeWjJfbR, WQl3 zojLK M64mddEvY UPMot 49Oc VZZO60 9x4pT

Your hint is: "12345" (You NEED this to get it)
Another hint: Encryptor is spelled with a -or, not -er
Another: Where do you go when you need help? Why would I tell you how to spell "encryptor?"
And another: You won't have to leave this browser window to figure it out
Finally someone got it: Congrats to SecretAgentMan on 7/13/07
Message 14 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 2, 2007

PSPfreak wrote:
lol, you like my sig? Thanks. No one will ever get it

Did you actually try clicking on the icons? Sometimes that helps.

Another thing to try: Go to c:\Docs and settings\all users\start menu and then create a new shortcut there and make the target "%SystemRoot%\system32\control.exe appwiz.cpl,,3" That's what my "set program access and defaults" shortcut points to.

As for the other missing icons, I have no idea what you might do, because they're not shortcuts. Good luck. I'll post here if I think of anything

No they aren't missing, it's just the icon itself is corrupted. It still opens the correct file or folder.
Message 15 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes