Highlighted
Jan 02 2007
By: braffin Fender Bender 4393 posts

Computer trouble!

14 replies 3 views Edited Jan 2, 2007
Today for some reason, I noticed that there are 4 icons in the start menu that are suddenly missing. In there place are the unknown file type icons. The icons missing are "Set Program Access and Defaults", "Help and Support", "Search", and "Run".

Also whenever I boot Windows now, for some reason a C++ Runtime Library Error message pops up about "HPZRCV01" and it says something like Windows has asked it to run in a way that it can't, or something like that.

Any ideas on how to fix the problems? Thanks.

Message Edited by stealthy on 01-02-2007 02:46 AM
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 1 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Re: Computer trouble!

Jan 2, 2007
Hmm, virus of some sort? Run you Anti-Virus and see what happens...Otherwise I guess just try and repair Windows
Message 2 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7955 posts

Jan 2, 2007

stealthy wrote:
Today for some reason, I noticed that there are 4 icons in the start menu that are suddenly missing. In there place are the unknown file type icons. The icons missing are "Set Program Access and Defaults", "Help and Support", "Search", and "Run".

Also whenever I boot Windows now, for some reason a C++ Runtime Library Error message pops up about "HPZRCV01" and it says something like Windows has asked it to run in a way that it can't, or something like that.

restore it
Message 3 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, I've run Norton, etc. Nothing was found. I remember trying once to download one of the Vista theme packs that replaced all my icons, and when I uninstalled it some of my icons were missing. I "fixed" that by just covering them up with some other icons, but now those have seem to disappeared.
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 4 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Whit3boy wrote:

stealthy wrote:

restore it

I don't really wana restore it cause that would be like a month and a half ago, and I've done a lot since then.
Message 5 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Jan 2, 2007

stealthy wrote:

Whit3boy wrote:

stealthy wrote:

restore it

I don't really wana restore it cause that would be like a month and a half ago, and I've done a lot since then.

You havent created a restore point since a month...?  If not, using a WinXP disk that came with your computer you can repair Windows, that might work.
Message 6 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 2, 2007

godfather871 wrote:

stealthy wrote:

Whit3boy wrote:

stealthy wrote:

restore it

You havent created a restore point since a month...?  If not, using a WinXP disk that came with your computer you can repair Windows, that might work.

No I've created ones since then, but the problem only happened yesterday.
Message 7 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7955 posts

Jan 2, 2007

stealthy wrote:

godfather871 wrote:

stealthy wrote:

Whit3boy wrote:

stealthy wrote:

restore it

then restore it
or like Godfather said... use the disc
Message 8 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Jan 2, 2007

stealthy wrote:

godfather871 wrote:

stealthy wrote:

Whit3boy wrote:

stealthy wrote:

restore it

Right, well, I tried googleing for help....I got nothing...anyone else?
Message 9 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4393 posts

Jan 2, 2007
what's the file that windows uses to get the icons?
Message 10 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes