Fender Bender
3378 posts

Re: Computer question

Nov 24, 2006

Ravage Ritual wrote:

it says it comes with 256mb of ram, 80gb hard drive a cd/rw drive, 17" monitor, printer, and keyboard and such

would it be even worth it to spend the $100 to try to upgrade it to what i want or should i start from scratch?

Cuz im debating if i should get the computer or maybe a new sound system

It depends on the specifics of the items it comes with.  It's likely the RAM is slow, HD as well, and an older monitor, low grade MB, etc.

Personally I would just start from scratch if you can't find the specific models and specs of everything.  Also depending on how good of a PC you're looking to have in the end.

Message Edited by LoofY on 11-23-2006 08:08 PM
Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 24, 2006

LoofY wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

it says it comes with 256mb of ram, 80gb hard drive a cd/rw drive, 17" monitor, printer, and keyboard and such

would it be even worth it to spend the $100 to try to upgrade it to what i want or should i start from scratch?

It depends on the specifics of the items it comes with.  It's likely the RAM is slow, HD as well, and an older monitor, low grade MB, etc.

Personally I would just start from scratch if you can't find the specific models and specs of everything.

Yea it comes with some pretty bad stuff

256mb of RAM
80gb hard drive
CRT monitor
Intel Celeron D processor
Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Nov 24, 2006

Ravage Ritual wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

treedoor wrote:
No. The Celerons take different sockets, or at least I know the Core 2 Duo processors take different sockets You can go by a barebone pc online that comes with the motherboard, a case, power supply, and maybe some ram, and upgrade from there You'll most likely get a better pc out of it.

for a hundo, it would be worth buying jus for the monitor and whatnot
you can always buy it for spare parts

so would you suggest tryin to get it.

cuz i got a choice between that, a camera and a new sound system.

My sound system is screwed up bad (dropped it down the stairs)

well, if ur going to be building a pc, you would have the accecosories and an extra harddrive, ram isn't too good..

nex to that , tho, i would say a sound system

Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 24, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

treedoor wrote:
No. The Celerons take different sockets, or at least I know the Core 2 Duo processors take different sockets You can go by a barebone pc online that comes with the motherboard, a case, power supply, and maybe some ram, and upgrade from there You'll most likely get a better pc out of it.

well, if ur going to be building a pc, you would have the accecosories and an extra harddrive, ram isn't too good..

I was going to save to build a PC in march or so after I buy the PS3 so this will have to last me about 5 months
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Nov 24, 2006

Ravage Ritual wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

treedoor wrote:

I was going to save to build a PC in march or so after I buy the PS3 so this will have to last me about 5 months

well, gaming wise, it sounds not too good..
but it would prolly be ok for surfing and whatnot

Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3378 posts

Nov 24, 2006

Ravage Ritual wrote:

256mb of RAM
80gb hard drive
CRT monitor

If you're looking to have an atleast decent PC (especially for gaming).  It's unlikely you would even end up using anything it comes with, not even the HD, as it's probably very slow.  Your current one oughta last you another 5 months.
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 24, 2006

LoofY wrote:

Ravage Ritual wrote:

256mb of RAM
80gb hard drive
CRT monitor

If you're looking to have an atleast decent PC (especially for gaming).  It's unlikely you would even end up using anything it comes with, not even the HD, as it's probably very slow.  Your current one oughta last you another 5 months.

Thats what i was thinkin. I want a computer before i go to college so lets hope i can get one by the summer
Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes