Re: Computer experts needed for booting an OS

Mar 16, 2007

swattkidd wrote:

Carmaster wrote:

Lkr721993 wrote:

Carmaster wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Carmaster wrote:
It it a live CD? If it is, you can boot from it without installing anything.

How can i tell if its a live CD?? i ordered it from the solaris website and it just came in the mail today

Try going back to the website you ordered it from, and check to see if you ordered the live version. If that doesn't work, just try putting in the CD, and see if it lets you boot from it without installing anything. But be careful when partitioning your hard drive. My Vista PC died that way.:smileysad:

its really hard to ruin a harddrive from partitioning.  all you probably need to do is clear the entire drive and install XP or Vista

I know. It would be awesome if I actually had the XP or Vista install disks though.:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Ummm did my thread just get jacked??:smileyvery-happy: let me ask again. what happens if it does ask me to install? how would i exit out of it and crap? i dont thinki should turn off my computer...

Sorry.:smileyvery-happy: I answered your question now.
I reached 128-bit at 2,325 posts!!!oneone111!!

Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Mar 17, 2007
So did it work? Did you read my last two posts?

Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9178 posts

Mar 17, 2007
if the cd contains the os, when the screen for the manufactorer comes on bootup of pc, press whatever is boot menu and put the disk in. then, select the drive that the solaris dvd exists in
lol signature
Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Mar 17, 2007

Carmaster wrote:

No. Thanks for the help but the disk asked me to install and said it needed 750 physical memor and i just turned the comp off because it said push control D to start install but didnt tell me how to exit i guess it isnt a live CD
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Mar 17, 2007

swattkidd wrote:

Carmaster wrote:

No. Thanks for the help but the disk asked me to install and said it needed 750 physical memor and i just turned the comp off because it said push control D to start install but didnt tell me how to exit i guess it isnt a live CD

So you don't have enough RAM? I hear Linux is pretty good though.

Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3694 posts

Mar 17, 2007

swattkidd wrote:

Carmaster wrote:

swattkidd wrote:

Carmaster wrote:
It it a live CD? If it is, you can boot from it without installing anything.

How can i tell if its a live CD?? i ordered it from the solaris website and it just came in the mail today

Try going back to the website you ordered it from, and check to see if you ordered the live version. If that doesn't work, just try putting in the CD, and see if it lets you boot from it without installing anything. But be careful when partitioning your hard drive. My Vista PC died that way.:smileysad:

Wait, so if its a live CD i dont need to partion or anything. But if i go and check to see if its a live CD what if it starts installing on its own or something lol? and if it asks me to install how do i get out of it?

Alt+F4:smileywink: Or start screaming and unplug your computer.
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3967 posts

Mar 17, 2007
yea be carefull with partitioning i reaked havok on my pc when i was messing with it, and i had to do a boot and nuke lol

Photobucket
Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes