Highlighted
Nov 24 2006
By: Ghettofry~ Gaming Beast 2230 posts

Component vs. Composite Cables on Wii

6 replies 2 views Edited Nov 24, 2006
Well, if you have a Wii and an HDTV, you simply NEED to get component cables to replace the composite cables that are packaged with the Wii. Why? Well, the answer is at Gamespot! The picture is FUGLY, and I mean FUGLY when you have composite cables. Like, a new brand of FUGLY. It's all blurry, and in games like Twilight Princess, it murders the expeirence. Follow the link to Gamespot, and put your mouse over the images to switch between from Composite to Component. I am glad they took the time to put up these pics, because lots of Wii owners may be throwing up on their televisions right now. Want to know where to buy Component cables? Well, they were availible at Nintendo's online store, but they are sold out. But I have heard that they are sprouting at certain stores and other online sites, so you just have to look around.

Message 1 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5470 posts

Re: Component vs. Composite Cables on Wii

Nov 24, 2006
Yeah, I will eventually get the component cables once there available at my local store. I like that Gamestop did that, thats pretty cool.
Message 2 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8557 posts

Nov 24, 2006
There's not really that much of a difference.  Can you find some comparisons like that for the xbox 360 and the ps3?
|My Gaming Set-up| |GO CARDS, CAVS, & COWBOYS!|Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4783 posts

Nov 24, 2006
Either way, teh graphics on the Wii suck.

Even with those images, I could barely see a difference with my trained eyes.
Message 4 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Nov 25, 2006

mbslrm wrote:

You really hate the wii dont you...

Too bad the tv i use to play games on dosent have component video
Signatures and Avatars
Message 5 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9710 posts

Nov 25, 2006

mbslrm wrote:

Your "trained eyes" eh? It's very obvious that with the component cables the picture is alot crisper and brighter. Obviously the graphics aren't on par with 360 and PS3, but nobody has made that assertion.
Message 6 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2766 posts

Nov 25, 2006

ShiBByLLaMa wrote:

mbslrm wrote:

Your "trained eyes" eh? It's very obvious that with the component cables the picture is alot crisper and brighter. Obviously the graphics aren't on par with 360 and PS3, but nobody has made that assertion.

Exactly. You can see the images are a lot more refined using the component cables. The edges really stand out more and the font in the games is a LOT easier to read and will definitely cause less eye strain, which after a long time playing could easily occur after seeing those composite images. And yeah, nobody said the graphics are on par with the other consoles. And noone ever said they were trying to compete with graphics either. But its cool when sites post things like this, now if only a site would do the same thing with the ps3, component vs HDMI vs, dare I say it, composite. That would be really cool if a site did that for both other consoles.
PSN:Wilmsy

Message 7 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes