Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2007
By: Psycho719 PlayStation MVP 19646 posts

Complete Weekly Highlights

7 replies 7 views Edited Jan 11, 2007
Ok guys it's that day of the week, here are the new "Complete Weekly Highlights". Make sure to congratulate. Then.

Weekly Highlights Program:
(Jan 03, 2006 to Jan 10, 2007)

Welcome to the 23rd edition of the Weekly Highlights Program. With such a rapidly expanding community, it's tough to keep up with all the great discussion thats been going on. This thread is designed to give you a glimpse at some of the great threads and posts that you may have missed this past week. These messages helped generated some great conversation and will hopefully continue to spur some great gaming discussion. So without any further ado, this week's batch of highlights!

Thread of the Week:

-:exsane:-'s Are there too many FPS shooters? Take a look at this thread for an interesting discussion on the number of FPS shooters. Are there too many, too few? Or just the perfect amount?

Post of the Week:
The Jolly Roger's Re: ~ Remakes: Are You All For Them? ~ Check out this post for a really interesting perspective on remakes. Is a remake better if the same dev team is working on it? 

MVP General Thread of the Week:

GoHerd35's The Future of Video Games What's in store for gaming in the future? Make sure to check out this thread for some interesting thoughts on just that.

Poster of the Week:
Congratulations to PhantomBangle for earning Poster of the Week. PhantomBangle has been active throughout many different forums in the community. Make sure to take a look at a few of his posts!

Member Spotlight: PSP Dude12345
We're also proud to be able to present the twenty-first installment of Member Spotlight. Each week a short list of questions is sent to the previous week's Poster of the Week. These questions are designed to let everyone get an insight into their gaming preferences and thoughts on the current state of gaming. Enjoy reading PSP Dude12345's answers and thanks again for your contribution to our community, PSP Dude12345!

1. What is the proudest moment in your PlayStation career?

I think getting Poster of the Week on the PlayStation.com forums is up there. Not really sure about this though. I remember when I beat Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 on sick, I was astonished that I was able to do that, of course I had bragging rights over my friends who hadn't been able to do that yet. It was pretty intense.

2. What was your first experience with PlayStation?

My first experience with PlayStation was when my brother got the PS One for Christmas. Of course he said it was his, and I couldn't play it, but I still did. If I recall, the first game I played was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. I was addicted to it, and played it for hours until I could beat it. I remember the joy of finally beating the level that seemed impossible. It was a great first impression for me and PlayStation, which has kept me playing it since.

3. What game are you looking forward to the most? Why?

I am primarily a PSP gamer, and honestly, there's only one game coming out that has me interested, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. Why? I just really love shooters, and it looks like it's going to be a great game, and the graphics seem top notch for PSP, I am still waiting for the details though. I am also looking forward to purchasing Killzone: Liberation. I played the demo, many, many times, and it seems like one of the "must have" games for me. The graphics are also top notch, and I have heard that the story is very good. I am also excited that there are several Killzone Devs on the boards, and the fact that the are active, and always ready to answer questions.

Real Life: Gamer Confessions

Check back soon

Forum News:
Make sure to get your entries in for PlayStation Signature Contest #15! The theme this time is Resistance: Fall of Man. We're really looking forward to seeing some amazing signatures for an amazing game!

Congratulations to steve o 0169 for winning PlayStation Trivia Contest #72!

That wraps up this week of Weekly Highlights. Enjoy checking out some of the great discussion that was going on this past week! Make sure to check back here next week for another batch of highlights. Until then, happy posting!

[HOONIGAN]
Message 1 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9177 posts

Re: Complete Weekly Highlights

Jan 11, 2007
Congratz to all winners
Message 2 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6897 posts

Jan 11, 2007
Sorry Bub, Ascalon beat ya to it.
Message 3 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19646 posts

Jan 11, 2007

JakRox wrote:
Sorry Bub, Ascalon beat ya to it.

I know(that's who I got it from just letting everyone know, who didn't check it out on the main fourm page. :smileyhappy:)
[HOONIGAN]
Message 4 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Jan 11, 2007
Well, I was just about to post up a topic on the OT but I guess you beat me to it. :smileytongue: Thank you for doing my job for me. haha
Message 5 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9485 posts

Jan 11, 2007
Congrats everybody. The sig contest is starting to get really intense, so many good entries.
PlayStation.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.
Message 6 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11979 posts

Jan 11, 2007
  First time in Weekly Highlights.  Sweet. 

Message 7 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Jan 11, 2007

steve o 0169 wrote:
  First time in Weekly Highlights.  Sweet. 

Congratulations.
Message 8 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes