Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
42181 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

deadend123 wrote:

Been looking for Dark Phoenix, and TaskMaster comics around my brothers closet. If I can't, then I'll just put money at Marvel.com and read them online.


I won a 1-month membership to their online service from under a Dr. Pepper cap and I liked it for what it was but when you couldn't find a particular book or they'd have a few and then now the rest, it really was a downer as you had to move on without finishing Smiley Sad


Message 11 of 42 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 08/20/2007
Offline
10462 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

Zaku, do you have Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3? As a Marvel, and fighting fan, I enjoy that game, until I got burnt out with it.


[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 12 of 42 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 08/20/2007
Offline
10462 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

deadend123 wrote:

Been looking for Dark Phoenix, and TaskMaster comics around my brothers closet. If I can't, then I'll just put money at Marvel.com and read them online.


I won a 1-month membership to their online service from under a Dr. Pepper cap and I liked it for what it was but when you couldn't find a particular book or they'd have a few and then now the rest, it really was a downer as you had to move on without finishing Smiley Sad


Always thought those were scams. I surely hope that I find all the books there on the site. Smiley Surprised


[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 13 of 42 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

You're right on point as usual.

 

Exodus, Magneto, Xavier, Jean Grey , Legion and Apocalypse would be hard to take down. Don't get me started on Storm and what world-wide problems she could cause.

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 14 of 42 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
42181 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

deadend123 wrote:

Zaku, do you have Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3? As a Marvel, and fighting fan, I enjoy that game, until I got burnt out with it.


Been out of commission on the PS3 side of things since 2009 Smiley Very Happy (I know, sad).

 

The roster is OK-ish from a glance, would like to see certain Heroes/Villains appear that are more of my fancy.  Although with Injustice coming out, I wish Marvel would commission a full on Marvel Fighter.

 

Marvel needs to kind of get it together with the games and the animation stuff.  They got the live-action stuff down pat but they need to solidifty in the other areas (and DC needs to get it's stuff together with the live-action stuff outside of Batman and Superman).


Message 15 of 42 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
42181 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

You're right on point as usual.

 

Exodus, Magneto, Xavier, Jean Grey , Legion and Apocalypse would be hard to take down. Don't get me started on Storm and what world-wide problems she could cause.


No way they'd let telepaths like Xavier and Jean Grey go around freely.  Too much paranoia about them or any other telepath messing with the heads of super powers, stealing government secrets or helping bring down nations.

 

It's all about these people having the right mindset to do good instead of doing bad but the world would still fear them and probably have contingency plans to bring them down at the first screw up.  One can ruin it for all of them and if it's one of the powerhouses (Storm, Magneto, Xavier, Jean Grey) that can affect large areas/populations, it just drives the point home.  Even worse if the world starts to push that agenda on them and they pull a 'Magneto' and want to create their own nation.

 

As cool as it'd be, the landscape would just be too ugly in our current world with such people.  Too much fear and paranoia leading to people jumping the gun.


Message 16 of 42 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

Yeah in the books, Exodus took the island of Genosha and sunk it to the ground. He's 1A on the baddie scale but they never feature him. I remember the Nintendo game where you had to face him and he was throwing around rocks and boulders with his mind. I wish I was one of them, an Acolyte. Not that i'm a separatist or anything. lol

 

Back to the comics, i'm going to marvel.com and see which person is the most interesting

 

And let's not foget about Cyclops, he's not an X-man anymore from what I read. Having your wife targeted will do stuff to your mind

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 17 of 42 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
10382 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

Comics, a dying breed? Hardly. This month I bought my first comic book ( if manga doesn't count ). It was My Little Pony Friendship is Magic #1 issue, which had sold over 100,000 in pre-order. 

 

If people stopped buying physical copies of comics, digital comics could still have potential. I read lots of comics online but I'm unsure whether I'd be willing to pay to read comics online. Hmm.. 

id 69 signature


"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 18 of 42 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Offline
42181 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

Comics, a dying breed? Hardly. This month I bought my first comic book ( if manga doesn't count ). It was My Little Pony Friendship is Magic #1 issue, which had sold over 100,000 in pre-order. 

 

If people stopped buying physical copies of comics, digital comics could still have potential. I read lots of comics online but I'm unsure whether I'd be willing to pay to read comics online. Hmm.. 


I think for the discussion, we're keeping 'comics' and 'manga' as separate things.

 

And I think part of the appeal for me is owning the physical copy, same with games and most other stuff that's offered digital.  I prefer to actually have the novel/book itself rather than have it on a e-Reader in digital form.  Hell, if I still subscribed, I'd still probably prefer reading all my gaming news in gaming magazines instead of just hopping online for it.  Call me old fashioned.

 

EDIT: I see the convenience of it all, having a few games on my PSP memory stick without having to swap out a UMD and having all my music on my iPod but I guess I like having something physical to hold/show and keep in good condition.


Message 19 of 42 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
960 posts
 

Re: Comics: A dying breed

Dec 13, 2012

I've never owned a comic book nor read one that I can remember but I sometimes watch Comic Book Men on AMC sometimes. Discuss.

Message 20 of 42 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes