Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2013
By: dc4daniel Survivor 2279 posts

Collections

8 replies 147 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Yea man... Don't you think collections are like totally lame and stuff?  Don't you think its lame when they call you during lunch or dinner?  I'm like trying to enjoy my In-N-Out burger until my phone blows up.

This should be like against the law and stuff.

#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4397 posts

Re: Collections

Mar 6, 2013

Oh, I love In-N-Out. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (143 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I Prefer Five Guys!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13318 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Lame thread considering the other one was deleted not too long ago. Way to be mature op...:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47908 posts

Mar 6, 2013

The FDCPA clearly prohibits debt collectors from calling you with excessive frequency, or at any unusual time or place that is known or should be known to be inconvenient for you. Therefore, it is very important that, if you receive collection calls at a time or place that is inconvenient, you communicate this problem to the collection caller. The collector then has a legal responsibility not to contact you during those times or at those places. 

Your request does not have to be in writing to be effective. Collectors must obey your verbal request not to be contacted at certain times. However, you must be prepared to offer times when you are available to speak to the collector. Remember that communication is the best way to resolve collection matters.

So what is a reasonable time to be contacted?  The FDCPA assumes convenient times to contact you to be after 8 a.m. and before 9 p.m. in your time zone. However, if those times are inconvenient, tell the caller and arrange a different time.

Can a collector call you at work?  A debt collector may contact you at work unless you inform the debt collector that doing so is inconvenient for you. Debt collectors must comply with your written or verbal request to be contacted elsewhere, such as your home phone or your cell phone.

How about Sundays and holidays?  A debt collector is allowed to contact you on any day of the week, Sundays and holidays included, unless you tell them not to call. Again, you must state verbally or in writing that you do not want to be contacted on a particular day of the week or a particular holiday. For instance, you can say, “I do not want to be contacted on Memorial Day,” and the collector must honor your request.

How many times per week can a collector call you?  The FDCPA prohibits a collector from calling repeatedly or continuously so as to be annoying, harassing or abusive. However, neither the FDCPA or previous court decisions have specifically defined how many calls constitute harassment. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforces the FDCPA and has provided some insight on what may constitute harassment. For instance, the FTC says a consumer is called “continuously” if he or she receives a series of collection calls, one right after another.

How to stop a debt collector from calling you Under the FDCPA? You may send a letter to a collector requesting that all collection calls cease. But in order for this request to be effective, it must be in writing. Once the request is received by the collector, the collector may only contact you once more to inform you that collection efforts will cease, or they can contact you to notify you of the specific remedies the collector or creditor may use to collect the debt from you. These remedies may include filing a lawsuit to collect the debt or pursuing wage garnishment. 

Your rights and state law Many state laws simply mirror the FDCPA. However, some state laws offer additional protection for consumers. Therefore, you should also look at your own state's laws to determine when, where and how many times a collector may contact you.

http://www.askdoctordebt.com/13610-Collection-Calls

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (117 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5608 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Or you could just pay your debts. That would be another way to stop them from calling you.

Captain-obvious-5-nobrain1.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18280 posts

Mar 6, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

The FDCPA clearly prohibits debt collectors from calling you with excessive frequency, or at any unusual time or place that is known or should be known to be inconvenient for you. Therefore, it is very important that, if you receive collection calls at a time or place that is inconvenient, you communicate this problem to the collection caller. The collector then has a legal responsibility not to contact you during those times or at those places. 

Your request does not have to be in writing to be effective. Collectors must obey your verbal request not to be contacted at certain times. However, you must be prepared to offer times when you are available to speak to the collector. Remember that communication is the best way to resolve collection matters.

So what is a reasonable time to be contacted?  The FDCPA assumes convenient times to contact you to be after 8 a.m. and before 9 p.m. in your time zone. However, if those times are inconvenient, tell the caller and arrange a different time.

Can a collector call you at work?  A debt collector may contact you at work unless you inform the debt collector that doing so is inconvenient for you. Debt collectors must comply with your written or verbal request to be contacted elsewhere, such as your home phone or your cell phone.

How about Sundays and holidays?  A debt collector is allowed to contact you on any day of the week, Sundays and holidays included, unless you tell them not to call. Again, you must state verbally or in writing that you do not want to be contacted on a particular day of the week or a particular holiday. For instance, you can say, “I do not want to be contacted on Memorial Day,” and the collector must honor your request.

How many times per week can a collector call you?  The FDCPA prohibits a collector from calling repeatedly or continuously so as to be annoying, harassing or abusive. However, neither the FDCPA or previous court decisions have specifically defined how many calls constitute harassment. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforces the FDCPA and has provided some insight on what may constitute harassment. For instance, the FTC says a consumer is called “continuously” if he or she receives a series of collection calls, one right after another.

How to stop a debt collector from calling you Under the FDCPA? You may send a letter to a collector requesting that all collection calls cease. But in order for this request to be effective, it must be in writing. Once the request is received by the collector, the collector may only contact you once more to inform you that collection efforts will cease, or they can contact you to notify you of the specific remedies the collector or creditor may use to collect the debt from you. These remedies may include filing a lawsuit to collect the debt or pursuing wage garnishment. 

Your rights and state law Many state laws simply mirror the FDCPA. However, some state laws offer additional protection for consumers. Therefore, you should also look at your own state's laws to determine when, where and how many times a collector may contact you.

http://www.askdoctordebt.com/13610-Collection-Calls

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (95 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14432 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I'm tired of people running fomr debt collectors and switching their phone numbers, leaving them to be recycled into the system. My phone gets sooo many random calls that arent for me its not even funny.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I Only Kudoed You Because Of Your Regular Show Gif Lol :smileytongue: .

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (69 Views)
0 Likes