Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Oct 19, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

I got Civ V for free after voting in the Golden Joysticks. Haven't got the code yet. It looks extremely complicated!


It really isn't. It gets a bit more complex when you throw the expansions into the mix.

 

Just do a couple tutorials and you should be fine.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 39 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54546 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Oct 21, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

I got Civ V for free after voting in the Golden Joysticks. Haven't got the code yet. It looks extremely complicated!


It really isn't. It gets a bit more complex when you throw the expansions into the mix.

 

Just do a couple tutorials and you should be fine.


it will definately take a few games for you to get your bearings in this game if you've never played a CIV game before solid.  If you like it be prepared for single games taking upwards of 50 hours to finish!  Smiley Tongue

 

 

Message 32 of 39 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013

I got my code from CVG and forgot about it. Checked my emails today, got excited, and found out the code has been expired since the 25th. Smiley Sad

 

Maybe it's for the best. Neverending games take up all my time. They consume me. Smiley Tongue

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 33 of 39 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

I got Civ V for free after voting in the Golden Joysticks. Haven't got the code yet. It looks extremely complicated!


It really isn't. It gets a bit more complex when you throw the expansions into the mix.

 

Just do a couple tutorials and you should be fine.


it will definately take a few games for you to get your bearings in this game if you've never played a CIV game before solid.  If you like it be prepared for single games taking upwards of 50 hours to finish!  Smiley Tongue

 

 


I only really play Marathon mode as awell. A Standard match can be finished in a day or two. A marathon game can take 2 weeks of decent play.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 34 of 39 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 03/07/2010
Online
8755 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013
Where can you get this game. I rented it a while back and loved it.?
Message 35 of 39 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
Where can you get this game. I rented it a while back and loved it.?

Steam is the best place to get it.

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 36 of 39 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013

Get it in the Winter Steam sale next month. It will likely be cheap along with its expansions.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 37 of 39 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 03/07/2010
Online
8755 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Get it in the Winter Steam sale next month. It will likely be cheap along with its expansions.


Are we talking about computer games or ps version.?
Message 38 of 39 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Civilization V Game Nights!

Nov 3, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Get it in the Winter Steam sale next month. It will likely be cheap along with its expansions.


Are we talking about computer games or ps version.?

It is on PC only. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 39 of 39 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes