Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 20, 2013

TwinDad wrote:
Yes, they have many models for a few model years that are on the do not buy list, most based on the Camry platform and specific to the acceleration issue. Every manufacturer has had issues. Toyota has been held high on a pedestal for being far and away better than the rest, I don't think so, but you are making them out to be pure evil. Did they handle this the best way? No, not a chance. 

 

I'm sure that if you go back over the history of Do not buy list on CR, that Toyota is not on the top. The 80's and part of the 90's were not good to American car makers. Remember the Ford Explorer tire blow outs? Not handled well either and it got on the CR DNB list too. Dodge just recalled the Charger and told their owners not to drive, that is what I would suggest is the way to handle a recall.

 

 Having said that I think getting the information is great, but your casting a net over every car they ever made, and not the specific models that have had dangerous issues.

 

 


I'm going to say it again.  I am posting links and letting the reader be the judge on the car.  Other then calling the car a "Toymotor" I have never said anyting good or bad about Toymotor.  I'm posting links and letting the reader pick.

I use to work on cars and "Toymotor" is the nick name we had for the car for many reasons.

 

 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 51 of 64 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:
Because of the fact that almost all car reviews are SUBJECTIVE.... just like your opinion is.


Trusting only ONE source, and piggybacking off of "ancient" news stories doesn't do much.

People are still going to buy whatever brand they choose regardless of the media.


So trying to disinform others, especially in this thread, is an exercise in futility.


I'm sorry but are you reading any of my post's?  "Just like my opinion is"?  I never gave my opinion on anything.  I've talked about how Toymotor is on Consumer Reports do not buy list more then any other car companie.  I also posted video's of people that have had nothing but problems with Toymotor's.  Also in thoes videos there are strong links that Toymotors are killing people.

So you think Ford is a bad company because of their Explorer aka "exploder"  with the tire issue?  Do you also think that GM is a bad auto group due to the various compliants its had over the years?
Do you think ALL cars are bad because they kill people, usually out of complacentcy or idiocy?

 

As I just just pointed out I never was trusting just one source.  If you re-read my posts I also posted youtube videos from ABC news and CNN news both warring there vewers of the possible dangers of owning a Toymotor.  If I remember right it was some of these same reports that put Toymotor on Consumer Reports do not buy list

Just like every other car on their list.... theres a problem, it goes on a "crap list". 

 

People will buy what ever car is best for them not "whatever brand they choose".  People with the right facts are better at making the right decision.

Guess you forgot about "brand loyalty" there.... because people will not always buy "whatever is best for them".... for most people who are on a budget, yes, thats most certainly true. But then theres alos people who are not so much on a budget and they will stick to whatever brand they feel comfortable with.... Take my mother for example.... She's a die-hard Nissan loyalist, My father is a die-hard Toyota loyalist. I know people who are Honda, Subaru, Chevy etc etc loyalists.... Please don't use a blanket statement like that if you're not able to even bother making a case for your rationale.

 

 Real funny part is they even have videos where they put a Toymotor right next to another car and you get to see just how bad the

Toymotor fails every time. 

Fail at what, exactly? Seems like another subjective argument. 

 

What else did I post?...  Oh, yea!  Links from Youtube showing CNN and ABC news talk about how bad Toymotor is.  Wow!  You should report that they are disinforming there vewers....  LOL

 Did you also know that major media outlets also cater to their "special interest groups" ? CNN may  be the lesser of many evils, but when it comes down to it, they're in bed with anyone who has the money and they'll sing like a bird, bark like a dog, and meow like a car when told to....

 

I would also appreciate, along with everyone else, to stop posting those videos on every post you make.... thats called "spamming". Having it posted once is enough. As all you have to do with any subsequent post in this thread is to just reference it as "I posted videos earlier in the thread"



Making the quip about you also having worked at Toyota, and then nicknaming them "Toymotors" is a good hint that you've never actually worked at any Toyota dealership or any dealership that sells them period and that you have a hatred for Toyota.... Quotiing Consumer Reports and posting videos about, and repeating yourself and even saying canned lines like "I am just providing links, video, and stuff"... means that you OBVIOUSLY have very little experience with a Toyota or know of anything they do.

I used to say the same things about Ford and GM with the many recalls on vehicles they've had in the 90's and even the early 2000's, yes, some of their cars also killed people from a design or engineering flaw.... notwithstanding my child-like hate for them because they make crap cars. Thats all changed now.

I feel as if the moment Toyota is praised by Consumer Reports, you'll start touting them as the best manufacturer in the world.... You certainly are doing a good job on spreading your hate

I mean you're doing a good job by using the few cars that are actually affected by this issue as a blanket statement to hilariously ineffecitvely tarnish Toyota's good reputation across the ENTIRE company....

Blanket statements are the result of ignorance and inexperience.


Nicee thread jack by the way.... OP already made his decision, so you decide to pollute the thread with quite irrelevant diatribe 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 52 of 64 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/17/2003
Online
19207 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 21, 2013

Stackcluster wrote:

I finally went for the 2013 Elantra GL;


Congrats on going with the Hyundai Elantra.

Hope it gives you many years of reliable service.  Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 64 (113 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
16802 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 21, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

TwinDad wrote:
Yes, they have many models for a few model years that are on the do not buy list, most based on the Camry platform and specific to the acceleration issue. Every manufacturer has had issues. Toyota has been held high on a pedestal for being far and away better than the rest, I don't think so, but you are making them out to be pure evil. Did they handle this the best way? No, not a chance. 

 

I'm sure that if you go back over the history of Do not buy list on CR, that Toyota is not on the top. The 80's and part of the 90's were not good to American car makers. Remember the Ford Explorer tire blow outs? Not handled well either and it got on the CR DNB list too. Dodge just recalled the Charger and told their owners not to drive, that is what I would suggest is the way to handle a recall.

 

 Having said that I think getting the information is great, but your casting a net over every car they ever made, and not the specific models that have had dangerous issues.

 

 


I'm going to say it again.  I am posting links and letting the reader be the judge on the car.  Other then calling the car a "Toymotor" I have never said anyting good or bad about Toymotor.  I'm posting links and letting the reader pick.

I use to work on cars and "Toymotor" is the nick name we had for the car for many reasons.

 

 


Perhaps it was the 4 times you posted the same videos and links that made it seem as if you had a negative agenda. My appologies. Maybe it was "toymotor" that made it seem as a reference to the car maker and not a model of cars. Either way I still think it's good information.

 

 

Contact PlayStation Support
Chat with a PlayStation Specialist 
Mon - Sat, 6:00AM - 10pm , Sunday 8am-8pm Pacific

Consumer Services and Technical Support____ 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific
Playstation Network Accounts and Billing Support____1-877-971-7669

Playstation Forums Support MVP. I do not work for Sony. Just a helpful gamer.
Message 54 of 64 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/27/2003
Offline
17401 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Sweet to see that the thread generating some great convo, sorry I've been pretty busy this week didn't had time to check back what was going on here....

 

I just got confirmation from my dealer that my car will be delivered tomorrow, if I'm lucky I'll drive it this weekend but sounds more like a monday delivery since there's a couple of things to be completed on new arrivals before delivery...

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 55 of 64 (86 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/26/2004
Online
5548 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 21, 2013
Congratulations, and good luck. I hope it lasts for years, just like your last one. Let us know, because I, for one, will be interested to find out.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 56 of 64 (80 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
56272 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 21, 2013

Stackcluster wrote:

Sweet to see that the thread generating some great convo, sorry I've been pretty busy this week didn't had time to check back what was going on here....

 

I just got confirmation from my dealer that my car will be delivered tomorrow, if I'm lucky I'll drive it this weekend but sounds more like a monday delivery since there's a couple of things to be completed on new arrivals before delivery...


If you ever have a problem and want someone to TRY to diagnose on the internet just hit me up Smiley Wink, its what I do Smiley Tongue

Message 57 of 64 (78 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 23, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:
Because of the fact that almost all car reviews are SUBJECTIVE.... just like your opinion is.


Trusting only ONE source, and piggybacking off of "ancient" news stories doesn't do much.

People are still going to buy whatever brand they choose regardless of the media.


So trying to disinform others, especially in this thread, is an exercise in futility.


I'm sorry but are you reading any of my post's?  "Just like my opinion is"?  I never gave my opinion on anything.  I've talked about how Toymotor is on Consumer Reports do not buy list more then any other car companie.  I also posted video's of people that have had nothing but problems with Toymotor's.  Also in thoes videos there are strong links that Toymotors are killing people.

So you think Ford is a bad company because of their Explorer aka "exploder"  with the tire issue?  Do you also think that GM is a bad auto group due to the various compliants its had over the years?

  • LOL, do you really need to go back to the 1980's to make a point?  
  • Did Ford make the tires?  No!  Did the tires kill anyone?  No!  Not even in the same ball park. 
  • But if you want to know who had the largest vehicle recall since the 1990s? 

YEA!  I want windows that will set the rest of the car on fire!  Yea, thats a high quality car.  By the way I'm not listing most of the problems with the Toymotor so if you like I'll just keep posting links to just how bad Toymotor really is.

 

Just like every other car on their list.... theres a problem, it goes on a "crap list". 

  • Who's list are you talking about as I said in my last post I've posted many different sources and they all say Toymotor is a bad car.

Guess you forgot about "brand loyalty" there.... because people will not always buy "whatever is best for them".... for most people who are on a budget, yes, thats most certainly true. But then theres alos people who are not so much on a budget and they will stick to whatever brand they feel comfortable with.... Take my mother for example.... She's a die-hard Nissan loyalist, My father is a die-hard Toyota loyalist. I know people who are Honda, Subaru, Chevy etc etc loyalists.... Please don't use a blanket statement like that if you're not able to even bother making a case for your rationale.

  • Oh, this is getting sad. Smiley Sad
  • "people will not always buy whatever is best for them" Are you for real?  Where do you come up with this stuff?  So when you goto a car dealership you look for a car that's not good for you and you don't like it at all and buy it?

 

 Real funny part is they even have videos where they put a Toymotor right next to another car and you get to see just how bad the

Toymotor fails every time. 

Fail at what, exactly? Seems like another subjective argument. 

  • Well just pick something?  I have to many links to list everything
  • Mitsubishi VS Toymotor (Speed test)

 

What else did I post?...  Oh, yea!  Links from Youtube showing CNN and ABC news talk about how bad Toymotor is.  Wow!  You should report that they are disinforming there vewers....  LOL

 Did you also know that major media outlets also cater to their "special interest groups" ? CNN may  be the lesser of many evils, but when it comes down to it, they're in bed with anyone who has the money and they'll sing like a bird, bark like a dog, and meow like a car when told to....

  • Any ABC News?
  • There are not to many "major media outlets" out there and I just posted two of them.
  • Again I'll repeat my self did you watch them?  What about the leaked info that CNN got?

 



Making the quip about you also having worked at Toyota, and then nicknaming them "Toymotors" is a good hint that you've never actually worked at any Toyota dealership or any dealership that sells them period and that you have a hatred for Toyota.... Quotiing Consumer Reports and posting videos about, and repeating yourself and even saying canned lines like "I am just providing links, video, and stuff"... means that you OBVIOUSLY have very little experience with a Toyota or know of anything they do.

 

No, I have never worked at Toymotor and I never said that I did.  Yes, I did work at a dealership at one point in my life but didn't say what one.  

 

I'm also not the one that came up with the nickname "Toymotors" as much as I would like to have said that I did.  It's a very well known nickname that mechanics all around know of.


 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 58 of 64 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
2702 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 23, 2013

Congrats on the new car.  $260/month, you can't go wrong with that Smiley Happy.  I too am in the market for a new car.  I'm getting tired of my current cars.  I plan on getting the Subaru BR-Z this year.  I don't care what "reviews" say lol.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 59 of 64 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/23/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: Choosing a new car

Mar 23, 2013

Nice share... Thanks for your information...................

Message 60 of 64 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes