Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 11, 2012

 

YES!  Victory Shall be MINE!

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAASmiley Very Happy

 

Moble

Message 11 of 22 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 11, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Easy one here.   How about The Ghost Busters?

 

 

 

Moble



I used to watch that all the time too! I forget what it's called


That one was called The Ghost Busters.

 

It didn't really follow the Movie characters, so they also came out with:

 

 

The Real Ghost Busters

 

It was better.

 

Moble


Um I swear the cartoons came out before the movies. Didn't they?

Message 12 of 22 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 11, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Easy one here.   How about The Ghost Busters?

 

 

 

Moble



I used to watch that all the time too! I forget what it's called


That one was called The Ghost Busters.

 

It didn't really follow the Movie characters, so they also came out with:

 

 

The Real Ghost Busters

 

It was better.

 

Moble


Um I swear the cartoons came out before the movies. Didn't they?


Nope.  The movie came out in 1984.

 

I used all my First Communion money to see it in the theater about ten times.  

 

Not the wisest way to spend the money, but Atari games didn't cost that much, and movies did not come to video back then.  You had to have some real money, if you wanted a video player, or a laser disc system.  You had to see the movie as many times as you could in the theater, if you really liked it.

 

The Cartoons both started in 1986.

 

Moble

Message 13 of 22 (242 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 11, 2012

I did not know that. I was born in '82. I always thought the toons were first!  I learned something new today!

Message 14 of 22 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 11, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

I did not know that. I was born in '82. I always thought the toons were first!  I learned something new today!


Yes, and I am old.  Thank you for that. Smiley Very Happy

 

Moble

Message 15 of 22 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/02/2011
Offline
838 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 16, 2012

 

Would Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law count? Gary Cole and Stephen Colbert were great.

 

Message 16 of 22 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 17, 2012

Not really. But good effort!

Message 17 of 22 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2012
Offline
7276 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 17, 2012
@pilgrim: Super Mario Brothers???
Message 18 of 22 (197 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Offline
36435 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 19, 2012

Lion King was a blatant rip-off of Kimba the White Lion.

Kimba the White Lion was a more subtle rip-off of Bambi.

Message 19 of 22 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Cartoon Rip-offs

Dec 20, 2012

DrGadget wrote:

Lion King was a blatant rip-off of Kimba the White Lion.

Kimba the White Lion was a more subtle rip-off of Bambi.


The Lion King is actually based off of a novel called "Simba." Like most Disney titles they just take an existing storybook and put a spin on it.

Message 20 of 22 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes