Reply
Jan 06 2013
By: FamedRolemodel Lombax Warrior 91 posts
Offline

Careers in Home??

16 replies 311 views Edited Jan 6, 2013
Just curious how or what types of things a person needs to qualify to work in Playstation Home or LockWood / Granzella, etc.. I am very interested in landing a job in this and would love to help give or work on new and exciting ideas to create and give. If anybody knows any information that could help it would be more than greatly appreciated!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 1 of 17 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3270 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

Fame is only something that...well.... don't worth a post.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 2 of 17 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 10/01/2008
Online
9467 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

FamedRolemodel wrote:
Just curious how or what types of things a person needs to qualify to work in Playstation Home or LockWood / Granzella, etc.. I am very interested in landing a job in this and would love to help give or work on new and exciting ideas to create and give. If anybody knows any information that could help it would be more than greatly appreciated!

Go to the bottom of this page, and click on "Careers". And I wish you the best in your new career, working for Sony.

 

MnGBY.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 17 (295 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/03/2011
Offline
91 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

bronxsushi wrote:

FamedRolemodel wrote:
Just curious how or what types of things a person needs to qualify to work in Playstation Home or LockWood / Granzella, etc.. I am very interested in landing a job in this and would love to help give or work on new and exciting ideas to create and give. If anybody knows any information that could help it would be more than greatly appreciated!

Go to the bottom of this page, and click on "Careers". And I wish you the best in your new career, working for Sony.

 

MnGBY.gif


Thank you. Haha I am checking it out right now but I can't find a specific field for "playstation home". I am currently searching "developer relations" but idk.. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 4 of 17 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/03/2011
Offline
91 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013
Ahh.. Can't seem to find any of this information in the Careers section..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 5 of 17 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
3075 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

You would probably need to have a college education in video game development first to know what really goes on in that field. They are game developers after all, and they're not going to hire just anyone off the streets, or in this case the forums.

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 17 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/03/2011
Offline
91 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

You would probably need to have a college education in video game development first to know what really goes on in that field. They are game developers after all, and they're not going to hire just anyone off the streets, or in this case the forums.


Haha yeah, I know. I was just curious as to what exactly I or anybody who is interested would need to be able to have a career with Playstation Home. I would assume video game development also but I'm also curious if there is anything else they would accept to be qualified?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 7 of 17 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
3075 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

Well maybe if you knew someone who worked at one of those companies and they put in a good word for you. But still they would probably prefer that you had some experience in that field. Because anyone can say they have good ideas for games, personal or public spaces. But if you have an idea than just put it in the January suggests thread in the forums here. I think developers look at them supposedly lol.

bobs fed signature
Message 8 of 17 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Online
4690 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013
You can't find it on the site under Home because Home is just one project. Their titles cover Digital Platforms.

A typical Home dev company can probably use artists, social media & communications, etc. The third party devs have their own websites too. Perhaps you can find some more information there apart from Sony.
Message 9 of 17 (255 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/03/2011
Offline
91 posts
 

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

Well maybe if you knew someone who worked at one of those companies and they put in a good word for you. But still they would probably prefer that you had some experience in that field. Because anyone can say they have good ideas for games, personal or public spaces. But if you have an idea than just put it in the January suggests thread in the forums here. I think developers look at them supposedly lol.


For sure haha. And yeah I hear ya, I feel the same way. I was just seeing if I could get any info out of it on the forums because I'm considering getting education and training on whatever it takes to get there, not too sure yet though. I have just been thinking about it a lot lately and thought it would be cool to help create and work on ideas and such

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 10 of 17 (226 Views)
0 Likes