Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Re: Careers in Home??

Jan 6, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
You can't find it on the site under Home because Home is just one project. Their titles cover Digital Platforms.

A typical Home dev company can probably use artists, social media & communications, etc. The third party devs have their own websites too. Perhaps you can find some more information there apart from Sony.

Great info & suggestions. I will try to find 3rd party sites. I'm wondering... for example if I went to Lockwood's site if they would have info there. That is what you are referring to, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 11 of 17 (209 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

FamedRolemodel wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

You would probably need to have a college education in video game development first to know what really goes on in that field. They are game developers after all, and they're not going to hire just anyone off the streets, or in this case the forums.

Haha yeah, I know. I was just curious as to what exactly I or anybody who is interested would need to be able to have a career with Playstation Home. I would assume video game development also but I'm also curious if there is anything else they would accept to be qualified?

Yeah sure. There is always room for  good janitors. IF you have the minimum qualification.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 12 of 17 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

FamedRolemodel wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

You would probably need to have a college education in video game development first to know what really goes on in that field. They are game developers after all, and they're not going to hire just anyone off the streets, or in this case the forums.

Haha yeah, I know. I was just curious as to what exactly I or anybody who is interested would need to be able to have a career with Playstation Home. I would assume video game development also but I'm also curious if there is anything else they would accept to be qualified?

Yeah sure. There is always room for  good janitors. IF you have the minimum qualification.

I bet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 13 of 17 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Jan 6, 2013

It depends on what job you want to get into.  Required skillsets vary dramtically: http://www.creativeskillset.org/games/careers/article_2768_1.asp

Message 14 of 17 (202 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I think to get a job with one of the developers you would need to live in the country where they are based as it is technically speaking, an office job and one i'm doubtful you would be able to do much with working from home. Lockwood for example are based in Nottingham in England UK, therefore I would assume you would have to live within travelling distance to actually get to work. There are plenty of developers in America though like Hellfire Games, Game Mechanics etc.. and Digital Leisure are in Canada.

I would also assume like many others here have said, that you would need some experience in this area of expertise and probably would have had to go to college.

Good luck though, if you really are interested then go for it. Nothing wrong with looking into it I guess. Keep an eye out on the developers official sites or blogs. You could even try emailing them.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 15 of 17 (192 Views)
Sackboy
459 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Of course the skills required would depend upon the position you were applying for example for several months of last year lockwood were advertising a vacancy to beta test their internal home projects and the only real formal academic criteria required was to be able to use ms word the rest was loosely based criteria like "an interest in gaming","a knowledge of playstation home preferable "good coms and good team worker etc.

i think going the beta tester route would be a great way for you to get your foot in the door and gain valuable experience,information and contacts within the industry even if you do it voluntary you could continue any educational apects you require whilst still in an active postion within the industry strengthening your prospects for a promotion within the company if vacancies arise.

just in case theres any brits interested http://lockwood-studios.com/

Message 16 of 17 (153 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

FamedRolemodel wrote:
Just curious how or what types of things a person needs to qualify to work in Playstation Home or LockWood / Granzella, etc.. I am very interested in landing a job in this and would love to help give or work on new and exciting ideas to create and give. If anybody knows any information that could help it would be more than greatly appreciated!

Wow, that wasn't very nice.

Edit: removed trolling

Edit: Since the OP's question has been answered, this thread will now be locked.

Message 17 of 17 (147 Views)
0 Likes