Gaming Beast
2422 posts

Re: Can someone tell me if this TV will be sufficient to use...

Dec 12, 2006
PS2 games will be at 480p.
Make sure the set has that.
For the same money you spent you could get the same size set with a MUCH lower reset time.
25ms is way high for gaming.
Tractor time

Message 11 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Dec 12, 2006

ricohman wrote:
PS2 games will be at 480p.
Make sure the set has that.
For the same money you spent you could get the same size set with a MUCH lower reset time.
25ms is way high for gaming.

This will be the 3rd time I've returned a TV/Monitor to Walmart because I didn't get the right one for the PS3.  LOL!!!  I started at a $200.00 Monitor and am now up to $687.00!  Can you please show me which one you're talking about at Walmart for the same price.  I'd really appreciate it.  If I'm going to return it, I'd rather do it NOW then after the holidays.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 12, 2006
You know with all this talk about resolution I do hope you bought an HDMI Cable as thats the only way to get an HD picture out of your PS3 and your 720p Television.  Otherwise your looking at getting a picture of lesser quality no matter how good your TV is with the AV inputs alone.  So if you havnt bought one, at least buy that, cuz you're going to need it for what your talking about.
Message 13 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Dec 12, 2006

Pep610 wrote:
I haven't even taken the TV out of the box because it's a Christmas present for the kids to use with their PS3.  I didn't know if it needed the 1030p....or whatever that display is I see everyone here talking about.  The 720p will work just as good?

Thanks

I would not get a TV wihout 1080p but that is just me.  I finally caved yesterday and got a Sharp 46' LCD 1080p for $1800 out the door warranty and all.  Not bad at all.  So my advice to you spend a little more you won't be sorry. 
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 14 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
82 posts

Dec 12, 2006
Yes, I bought the HDMI cables at GameStop this morning.  I also bought component cables online for the monitor/TV I originally bought.  It's not worth it to ship them back, so I'll have to eat the cost of them.  LOL!

Thanks
Message 15 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes