Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Re: Call of Duty vs Battlefield

Oct 3, 2013

Note: Everyone that has played Call of Duty or Battlefield will eventually die.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 11 of 15 (121 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Oct 7, 2013

l'll play BO2 before l play BF3,smaller maps,off topic MAG had the best map layout for all its game modes lmo.

Message 12 of 15 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

CoD-

Pros:

more for you if you like small maps with close quarters gameplay.

Easy to jump in and enjoy (if you dont care about dying a lot)

Little to no punishment for dying

Fast paced gameplay

no teamwork required (also a con)

dogs

continues to support local splitscreen play

Cons:

Very repetetive

graphics haven't improved since 2008

generally unrealistic (even for a videogame)

community is generally toxic

BATTLEFIELD-

Pros:

Great graphics 

destructable dynamic maps

very large maps

vehicles

generally realistic but still keeps it fun

Teamwork is key (also can be a con)

Itegration with tablets and phones (newest installment)

Battlelog

generlaly helpful community

Battlefeild: premeium membership

Cons:

It takes far too many bullets to kill someone in normal game modes

vehicle handleing is questionable

occasionally you may find yourself in a server that lasts upwards of an hour

Damage output on the tanks is too low

I agree with your entire list on both games exept for the red comment. Not sure if you have played the Beta but it is very easy to die and get kills. Overall IMO  it was much more easy to die and get kills in BF3 as compared to Core mode in COD or BO but even compared to BF3 the BF4 Beta there has been a change and it does not take much to die at all. 

Message 13 of 15 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

COD = Immature  kids yelling down their mics at you.

Battlefield = More mature fanbase. (In my opinion).

Battlefield has always been the classier game anyway.

Another one of these threads.  Anyways, you can always mute the player.  I'm sure Battlefield has their little immature kids, who should be doing their homework, rather playing video games.  

The only problem I have with COD is the, Secondary automatic weapon switch.  Especially when carrying a javelin, you carrying the weight and die because of that.  I'd rather keep it as the knife option.  You can move quicker.  

COD has always came out with some really good missisons.  Its not just about the ON LINE play all the time. 

COD is right up there with their fan base.  Why else, would you have to compare the two together!   

Message 14 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

The only thing worse than the COD fanbase, is the Halo fanbase, post Halo 3. Smiley Tongue

Fixed that for you. Smiley Wink

CoD did have some great campaigns through MW2, but the online component always felt like a schoolyard fight to me.

Battlefield, like it or not, has a far lower percentage of unruly children playing at any given time.  And, folks, it's not just about muting a player - if they spend the entire match shooting their teammates in the face instead of helping the team, that's a problem.  I'll take a singing kid I can mute that is helping over a well-behaved face-shooter any day of the week, no matter what game i am playing.

I played CoD2 and CoD:MW1 quite often in their heyday, as I did Halo 2, 3, Reach, and the CE remaster.  I picked up Battlefield 3 three months ago, thanks to Plus, and, short of the early days of Halo 2's multiplayer, I have never had a more consistently satisfying gameplay experience.  Your actions carry weight, and you have the opportunity to strategize.

The BF campaigns are abysmal, but do serve as over-extended tutorials.  DICE makes no bones about the games being a MP experience, first and foremost.  The MW part of the CoD franchise had a great campaign mode, and no one can take that away.  We talk MP the most, because that's the part of the game that most people spend the most amount of time on.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 15 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Likes