Highlighted
Jan 11 2007
By: MarkyMark34 Hekseville Citizen 387 posts

CSS...

13 replies 6 views Edited Jan 11, 2007
Sorry about another thread but I used to play this game nonstop in college about 5 years ago and havent played it since.  Does it still attract alot of gamers? 

Lets say I would want to get back into it.... what would i need to get hooked up again (a friend installed it for me the first time)? I know i would need half-life right? Then what...?  Is there a link to show how to get hooked up again?  Help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.
Message 1 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2989 posts

Re: CSS...

Jan 11, 2007
All you need to do is download the Steam client and then log in to your Steam account. CSS should be in your games list, so click on it to install it and it should go through the initial download of the game and the patching process. It can take awhile while patching so you would have to wait, but when it's done you're good to go.
Message 2 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 11, 2007

NorCalWolf wrote:
Sorry about another thread but I used to play this game nonstop in college about 5 years ago and havent played it since.  Does it still attract alot of gamers? 

Lets say I would want to get back into it.... what would i need to get hooked up again (a friend installed it for me the first time)? I know i would need half-life right? Then what...?  Is there a link to show how to get hooked up again?  Help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Are you from the futureSmiley Surprised?

CSSmiley Frustrated wasn't out 5 years ago!

Counter-Strike 1.6 was.
APPLE SPY
Message 3 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Aowen wrote:

NorCalWolf wrote:

Counter-Strike 1.6 was.

Whats the difference between CSS and Counter Strike? 
Message 4 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 11, 2007

NorCalWolf wrote:

Aowen wrote:

NorCalWolf wrote:

Counter-Strike 1.6 was.

Counter-StrikeSmiley Frustratedource (CSS) uses the new source engine, it has MUCH better graphics and 1 or 2 new maps, and some other resdesigned aspects:

Here is one of the best looking maps in source:

(real gameplay)

Here is 1.6:

APPLE SPY
Message 5 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
972 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Aowen wrote:

NorCalWolf wrote:

Aowen wrote:

NorCalWolf wrote:

Counter-Strike 1.6 was.

Counter-StrikeSmiley Frustratedource (CSS) uses the new source engine, it has MUCH better graphics and 1 or 2 new maps, and some other resdesigned aspects:

(real gameplay)

Here is 1.6:

The textures on that rock wall and tree look **bleep**ty.
~Drumline

PSN Handle: Drumline
Message 6 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24213 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Drumline wrote:

Aowen wrote:

NorCalWolf wrote:

Aowen wrote:

NorCalWolf wrote:

Counter-Strike 1.6 was.

(real gameplay)

Here is 1.6:

The textures on that rock wall and tree look **bleep**ty.

dude it is all about the lighting
Photobucket
Message 7 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3385 posts

Jan 11, 2007
Lol I thought you need help with CSS which is associated with web development.

Message 8 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jan 12, 2007
Can I buy CSS at a video game store? Cuz with 1.6 you had to have half-life...etc.
Message 9 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jan 12, 2007
Yeah, I play CS 1.6. Not so much source. But both have tons of players.

It doesn't matter if we're #000000 or #FFFFFF
Message 10 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes