Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006
I thought it said badasses
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 31 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 11, 2006

madhive wrote:

well then no one here except me would have warrant to go to this thread...............jk!
Message 32 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Dec 11, 2006

eman94 wrote:

madhive wrote:

well then no one here except me would have warrant to go to this thread...............jk!

you just pwnt yourself .
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 33 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 11, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

eman94 wrote:

madhive wrote:

you just pwnt yourself .

how?

I just made sure that no one would flame by writing three paragraphs about how they are such badasses.
Message 34 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Dec 11, 2006

Pavo Loco wrote:

LBC_DEMON wrote:

Pavo Loco wrote:
guys, stay on topic and someone answer my 5 string bass question! (a few posts up Smiley Tongue)

I think it is an extra string higher but I could be severely mistaken. I have never liked the 5 strings. I have only seen people play them in funk bands and while I like funk and all I just dig a smooth bass sound like in Jazz.

Well, if I don't really PLAY the fifth string, will it make a difference?

I used to own a 7 string guitar, and I really only used the 7th string when a tab required the 7th string, but it really wasn't in the way when I wasn't using it!

are the 5 string basses like that?

Check them out at the store. See if it bothers you when playing. the 7th string on a guitar is little but on a bass the 5th makes the guitar a bit bigger. It is just further you will have to stretch your fingers. Try it and see if you like it in person.
Photobucket
Message 35 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9066 posts

Dec 12, 2006
Mk, went down to the local pawn shop, and I think I found my bass!

a Johnson 5 string, the bass guy at the pawn shop said he reccommends (sp?) this to EVERYONE!

It's brand new, and it's $149.99!

The 4 string in that exact same guitar is $129.99 but he said if I want to go to a 5 string anyways, to get it now for just $20 more, to to mention if I learn to play on a 5 string, I will play 4 string better!

Here's the guitar though guys:

I'm getting sunburst, not black!

Message Edited by Pavo Loco on 12-11-2006 04:00 PM
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 36 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 12, 2006
I used to play the guitar too ,but I had an old bass laying around so I play the bass now. I got the hang of it pretty quickly ,so I don't think that you should have any trouble either. I don't really see why you would need a 5-string bass. I rarely see any bass parts that require more than 4 strings except for like 1 Dimmu Borgir song. But, you're different than me ,so if you feel that you need 5 strings, go right ahead. I never use a pick because I don't think that it makes a good sound. Your fingers might be sore the first couple times but in time, you won't notice it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
markt3shark.blogspot.com
view it- for everytime you don't, I'll kick a puppy (please, think about the puppies)
Message 37 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9066 posts

Dec 12, 2006

QQQQ7 wrote:
I used to play the guitar too ,but I had an old bass laying around so I play the bass now. I got the hang of it pretty quickly ,so I don't think that you should have any trouble either. I don't really see why you would need a 5-string bass. I rarely see any bass parts that require more than 4 strings except for like 1 Dimmu Borgir song. But, you're different than me ,so if you feel that you need 5 strings, go right ahead. I never use a pick because I don't think that it makes a good sound. Your fingers might be sore the first couple times but in time, you won't notice it.

Hm, I think it will be better for me to learn on a 5 string, and it doesn't seem like the extra string will get the the way
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 38 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2881 posts

Dec 12, 2006

no i dont

Photobucket
Join www.technicallity.com
|Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669).|

Message 39 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Dec 12, 2006
I can play bass clarinet...
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 40 of 42 (0 Views)
0 Likes