Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/14/2006
Offline
3560 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


Pavo Loco wrote:


Bill from RI wrote:


LBC_DEMON wrote:
If you play guitar you already know how to play base. There is really nothing to learn if you already know guitars.Smiley Happy



Yeah. Whatever the hell that means. Bass is totally different.


mmm... I've heard that from a million people though!

my dad's friend, who kind of taught me to play guitar, plays guiat, bass, mandolin, banjo, violin, cello, drums, and a lot others I cant remember... and he said if you can play guitar, you already know how to play bass, but you just don't realize it!


Its kind of like, if you play violin, you can already play viola... you just have to figure out the other clef.
Message 21 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/26/2006
Offline
3161 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


eman94 wrote:


Pavo Loco wrote:


Bill from RI wrote:


LBC_DEMON wrote:
If you play guitar you already know how to play base. There is really nothing to learn if you already know guitars.Smiley Happy



Yeah. Whatever the hell that means. Bass is totally different.


mmm... I've heard that from a million people though!

my dad's friend, who kind of taught me to play guitar, plays guiat, bass, mandolin, banjo, violin, cello, drums, and a lot others I cant remember... and he said if you can play guitar, you already know how to play bass, but you just don't realize it!


Its kind of like, if you play violin, you can already play viola... you just have to figure out the other clef.


Come on! We're talking about instruments of good music and you come in with all this classical crap? Come on, man..
A True Game's Nation
gamernationunderground.i67.org
Message 22 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/14/2006
Offline
3560 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


Bill from RI wrote:


eman94 wrote:


Pavo Loco wrote:


Bill from RI wrote:


LBC_DEMON wrote:
If you play guitar you already know how to play base. There is really nothing to learn if you already know guitars.Smiley Happy



Yeah. Whatever the hell that means. Bass is totally different.


mmm... I've heard that from a million people though!

my dad's friend, who kind of taught me to play guitar, plays guiat, bass, mandolin, banjo, violin, cello, drums, and a lot others I cant remember... and he said if you can play guitar, you already know how to play bass, but you just don't realize it!


Its kind of like, if you play violin, you can already play viola... you just have to figure out the other clef.


Come on! We're talking about instruments of good music and you come in with all this classical crap? Come on, man..


eff you! My electric violin would kill any of your heavy metal **bleep**!
Message 23 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/31/2005
Offline
9066 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006
guys, stay on topic and someone answer my 5 string bass question! (a few posts up Smiley Tongue)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 24 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/13/2006
Offline
7820 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006
I play cello .
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 25 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/08/2004
Offline
7422 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


Pavo Loco wrote:
guys, stay on topic and someone answer my 5 string bass question! (a few posts up Smiley Tongue)


I think it is an extra string higher but I could be severely mistaken. I have never liked the 5 strings. I have only seen people play them in funk bands and while I like funk and all I just dig a smooth bass sound like in Jazz.
Photobucket
Message 26 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/26/2006
Offline
3161 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


eman94 wrote:


Bill from RI wrote:


eman94 wrote:


Pavo Loco wrote:


Bill from RI wrote:


LBC_DEMON wrote:
If you play guitar you already know how to play base. There is really nothing to learn if you already know guitars.Smiley Happy



Yeah. Whatever the hell that means. Bass is totally different.


mmm... I've heard that from a million people though!

my dad's friend, who kind of taught me to play guitar, plays guiat, bass, mandolin, banjo, violin, cello, drums, and a lot others I cant remember... and he said if you can play guitar, you already know how to play bass, but you just don't realize it!


Its kind of like, if you play violin, you can already play viola... you just have to figure out the other clef.


Come on! We're talking about instruments of good music and you come in with all this classical crap? Come on, man..


eff you! My electric violin would kill any of your heavy metal **bleep**!


YOU KNOW WHAT! I CHALLENGE YOU! I BET I CAN EMBARRASS YOU WITH MY ELECTRIC TRIANGLE!
 
Anyways, Pavo, I'd get a 4-string Jazz guitar. I like them better. I like Gibsons, nice sound.
A True Game's Nation
gamernationunderground.i67.org
Message 27 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/31/2005
Offline
9066 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


LBC_DEMON wrote:


Pavo Loco wrote:
guys, stay on topic and someone answer my 5 string bass question! (a few posts up Smiley Tongue)


I think it is an extra string higher but I could be severely mistaken. I have never liked the 5 strings. I have only seen people play them in funk bands and while I like funk and all I just dig a smooth bass sound like in Jazz.


Well, if I don't really PLAY the fifth string, will it make a difference?

I used to own a 7 string guitar, and I really only used the 7th string when a tab required the 7th string, but it really wasn't in the way when I wasn't using it!


are the 5 string basses like that?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 28 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/05/2005
Offline
4146 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006
just get a 5 string man.  im sure youll be happy you did.  i plas mainly guitar, but i also play the bass.  and playing the Bass is one hell of alot easier if you can already play the guitar.  just learn slap man
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 29 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/14/2006
Offline
3560 posts
 

Re: CALLING ALL BASSISTS!

Dec 11, 2006


Overclocked Cellist wrote:
I play cello .


finally someone with a GOOD instrument.
Message 30 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes