Jan 31 2013
By: Murderstyle75 Keyblade Wielder 10192 posts

But wait....There's more....Will they ever stop?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 194 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/video-games-a-bigger-problem-than-guns-says-senator-6403143

Yet another politician has taken a shot at video games in the wake of the deadly Connecticut schoolhouse massacre last month. Speaking today on MSNBC's The Daily Rundown, United States senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn) said video games are a greater societal threat than guns.

"I think video games is a bigger problem than guns," he said. "Because video games affect people. But the First Amendment limits what we can do about video games and the Second Amendment to the constitution limits what we can do about guns."

Last week, democratic Connecticut senator Chris Murphy said the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting may not have happened if video games did not give the shooter a "false sense of courage."

Previously, republican New Jersey governor Chris Christie said violent games must be examined in the wake of the shooting. Before that, and just a week after the December 14 shooting, the National Rifle Association condemned violent games, saying they were partially to blame for the mass shooting.

Message 1 of 13 (194 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: But wait....There's more....Will they ever stop?

Jan 31, 2013
This belongs in the Off-Topic Fourms

But i like the interestingness lol if thats even a word
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 13 (179 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Message 3 of 13 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2609 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Typical fools, not solving the problem at it's core. Cracked.com, for a humor site, really does address the main cause for these shootings: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-truth-about-guns-video-games/

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 4 of 13 (159 Views)
MVP Support
6916 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Typical fools, not solving the problem at it's core. Cracked.com, for a humor site, really does address the main cause for these shootings: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-truth-about-guns-video-games/

That was pretty interesting so far (I haven't read it all yet).  But I have to ask about this:

"the most liberal-looking person you can find (Hint: Look for earplugs)"

Is that really a thing, and why?  I've never seen someone wear earplugs except at a concert or working with loud tools.  Is it that loud in Whole Foods? Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 13 (153 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

You mean you guys don't remember that one time Niko Bellic went to that Colorado school and shot up the place? Or the time Nathan Drake shot up the Movie Theater there? Video games are much more dangerous than guns. Have none of you ever shot a gun before? Seriously, pull the trigger on a gun and Rainbows, Unicorns and Yoshi with Baby Mario on his back appear and fix everything wrong in the world. How can you take that away?!?!?!?

Message 6 of 13 (141 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/video-games-a-bigger-problem-than-guns-says-senator-6403143

Yet another politician has taken a shot at video games in the wake of the deadly Connecticut schoolhouse massacre last month. Speaking today on MSNBC's The Daily Rundown, United States senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn) said video games are a greater societal threat than guns.

"I think video games is a bigger problem than guns," he said. "Because video games affect people. But the First Amendment limits what we can do about video games and the Second Amendment to the constitution limits what we can do about guns."

Last week, democratic Connecticut senator Chris Murphy said the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting may not have happened if video games did not give the shooter a "false sense of courage."

Previously, republican New Jersey governor Chris Christie said violent games must be examined in the wake of the shooting. Before that, and just a week after the December 14 shooting, the National Rifle Association condemned violent games, saying they were partially to blame for the mass shooting.

what about books? books affect people, and its been confirmed a handfull of times that people read certain books and then went and shot someone.

John Hinckley Jr., Robert John Bardo, Mark David Chapman anyone?

why doesnt our government censor book? oh wait, thats what the Nazi's did, and the US governemt doesnt want to be like Nazi's.

Message 7 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Adam Sessler spoke on Fox News recently about this very issue...

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 13 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Speaking of books. The Holy Bible has probably bee responsible for more killings than any book on the planet.

Message 9 of 13 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55053 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:

Ahhh i see the Hillary Clinton's of the world are still around!

^ if this lady decides to run for pres in 2016 i implore all of you to not vote for her!

Message 10 of 13 (67 Views)
0 Likes