Nov 29 2012
By: Nocturnal__Gamer Treasure Hunter 5310 posts

Bungie's New Project, DESTINY!

5 replies 211 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

It's no rumor that Bungie is working close with Sony Computer Entertainment and Activision on this game.  Currently it's expected to be Multiplatorm but I think Sony is keeping a hand in this to get the game Exclusively on PlayStation.  I have no doubt that Sony will want what is being called "Halo On Steroids" all to themselves.  If I were Sony I would too, so I highly expect this game to on PS Consoles only  to be Sony's "Halo Killer."  What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42181 posts

Re: Bungie's New Project, DESTINY!

Nov 29, 2012

???

I doubt that Activision would let that happen, it being Bungie and their first title out from under MS with grand ambitions for it (and Activision themselves wanting to put another support column under themselves aside from CoD and WoW).  No less, to do PS3 development solely when they've got all their experience on 360 (not saying they can't hire PS3 people) and to lock up the first game in a supposed series/franchise?  Not likely in regards to Activision being in the picture.  If Bungie was still shopping around the project for a publisher, then maybe so but not now.  I think one of the past leaks (a legal document dealing with the Bungie/Activision contract) actually made mention of possible 360 exclusivity if that was managed and even getting the first game up-ported (?) to the next Xbox console.

"A logo for the game is also included in the document. It shows PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 logos, and the URL Destiny.com, which is currently password-protected."

Gematsu

Message 2 of 6 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Very true, I do know what the Activision Documents say it's hard to say anything when they're present at the same time Sony has been warming up to Bungie lately.  Although this is set in Acitvision Documents a Document over at SCEA could say something else.  I'm just making speculation on the project though since Sony is of course the bigger company in this situation.  Sony has also commented on the project before and talking as if it were already being shown off at E3 as being Exclusive.  You never know, Sony may have an ace up their sleeve and it wouldn't be the first time that Sony has surprised us.  We'll have to wait until more information about the project is released.  I'm not ignoring the Activision Documents but neither am I ignoring Sony, who can hand out the bigger pay check for a game like this.  Activision wants more support and Sony wants a "Halo Killer," we'll have to wait and see how to goes I guess.

Message 3 of 6 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Nov 29, 2012
If you ask me, Sony would give Activision more support in the long run. Microsoft likes to juggle around way too many things. While M$ might have had some hype this gen, what a lot of people do not seem to realize is Microsofts best generation is about the same as Sonys worst generation.

Most of the things the 360 is about will only benefit them for the short term. It's been said that half the people who are Gold subscribers are not even using it to play games. They are only really using it for media feature but now what happens when living room smart technology becomes the norm? Does Microsoft really have the kind of game library to take them into the future that doesn't involve a casual motion device?

The one thing I really think Sony has over Microsoft is games you cannot play anywhere else. I was pretty disappointed with Sony for the first couple if years of the PS3 but while their competition shifted their focus to selling advertising space and pushing extra apps to promote a premium service, Sony is actually giving their customers new Core IP's.

Now even if this new bungie game does not become an exclusive. I think there is going to come a time when even the big publishers are not going to have a problem supporting one console. Especially if the game library makes up of many other titles you cannot get anywhere else. If the competition continues to not offer anything besides Halo, Forza, Fable and Gears, this could be exactly what happens. There is a reason the PS2 sold 150 million units while the competition sold 24 million and 21 million. That reason had everything to do with the consoles diverse library of games.
Message 4 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Destiny, Bungie and Activision’s upcoming original IP, aims to “create a universe as deep, tangible, and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise,”
The game’s story begins seven hundred years from present day in the Last City on Earth, in a solar system “littered with the ruins of man’s golden age.” An massive alien ship of unknown origin known as “The Traveler” hangs over and protects Earth “like a second Moon.” But from “the edge of the universe,” strange alien creatures determined to overtake Earth “creep in.” Players take on the role of a young ‘knight’ tasked with discovering the origin of, and ultimately overcoming, their new alien foes.

by creating a universe like Star Wars did they mean copying the Star Wars universe.

Message 5 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Looks interesting. Glad to have Bungie developing games for PS3 as well. Good developers are always welcome.
Message 6 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes