[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

a24fan wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

a24fan wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:
X
a24fan wrote:

I like my Tritton Headset better than any other thing I have used.

It doesn't give me headaches like Bluetooths do and it doesn't break in a week like my Turtle Beaches always did.

Although the TB's had better sound for sure, the build quality sucked.

I have been through 2 PX11s, but my new pair of EFDs has not broke yet and hasnt been damnaged in any way

The first pair I had was fine for like almost a year. The rest of them the earphone with the mic connected broke off within a month.

I take care of my stuff too. :c

Unlucky me.

I accidently sat on mine Smiley Tongue

Smiley Surprised

My sister stepped on my last pair of Trittons. -.-

Didn't break though! Smiley Very Happy

Now that is a sturdy piece of hardware!

That was NOT a fat joke Smiley Happy

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 21 of 28 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Re: Bluetooth or Headset?

Jul 13, 2013
Too bad the same couldn't be said for sound. You guys should get some good headphones next gen because these console brands are ripping everybody off. They got me twice until I started doing my homework.
Message 22 of 28 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Too bad the same couldn't be said for sound. You guys should get some good headphones next gen because these console brands are ripping everybody off. They got me twice until I started doing my homework.

I wish I could use my EFDs for nex gen..

I never get a console brand..

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 23 of 28 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jul 13, 2013
What I mean is these brands marketed towards consoles like Tritton, Turtle Beach, Astro, Razer and the ever popular Sony Pulse. I used to think my TB's and even A40's sounded really good until I got my hands on some real headphones.
Message 24 of 28 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
What I mean is these brands marketed towards consoles like Tritton, Turtle Beach, Astro, Razer and the ever popular Sony Pulse. I used to think my TB's and even A40's sounded really good until I got my hands on some real headphones.

What do you classify as 'real' headphones?

FiveFourteen
Message 25 of 28 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I have a Bluetooth and its just horrible. I would recommend getting a headset. I'd bet you it works but better than a bluetooth.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 26 of 28 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Real headphones would be from brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Ultrasone, Denon, etc or even budget sets like the Samson SR850's. if you want surround sound with them though you still need the Astro Mixamp or the Turtle Beach DSS2. Unfortunatly with the DSS2, you will also need a chat adaptor for the Playstation but not for the Astro Mixamp.

Its not these brands processors that are bad since they all use Dolby Headphone (Prologic-IIx) except for pulse which uses a more generic surround sound matrix which comes from only a two channel source. What's bad are the headphones themselves which sound tinny and have little to no soundstage. I didnt know any of this until I started visiting Audio boards. There are a lot of options based on preference and while a pair of Sennheiser HD598's or AKG Q701's might break the bank, those Samson SR850's are very affordable, offer superior sound but lack in build materials.

Here are a couple of links to get you started if you want to know more.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-m...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28705857/headphone-faq
Message 27 of 28 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Real headphones would be from brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Ultrasone, Denon, etc or even budget sets like the Samson SR850's. if you want surround sound with them though you still need the Astro Mixamp or the Turtle Beach DSS2. Unfortunatly with the DSS2, you will also need a chat adaptor for the Playstation but not for the Astro Mixamp.

Its not these brands processors that are bad since they all use Dolby Headphone (Prologic-IIx) except for pulse which uses a more generic surround sound matrix which comes from only a two channel source. What's bad are the headphones themselves which sound tinny and have little to no soundstage. I didnt know any of this until I started visiting Audio boards. There are a lot of options based on preference and while a pair of Sennheiser HD598's or AKG Q701's might break the bank, those Samson SR850's are very affordable, offer superior sound but lack in build materials.

Here are a couple of links to get you started if you want to know more.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-m...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28705857/headphone-faq

Thanks for the links I will consider.

FiveFourteen
Message 28 of 28 (38 Views)
0 Likes