Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8602 posts

Re: Blu-Ray stomping the competition

Mar 15, 2007
No, but it's easier for me to switch to Blu-Ray than to keep other people from using my DVDs.

CNNboy wrote:
Your blaming the dvd's for the scratches? 

Message 21 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Mar 15, 2007
The PS3 is the only reason BD is ahead right now. All the standalone players cost more. I wouldn't start pumping my fists and celebrating yet if I were you guys, this is a technology that rode a trojan horse into the market, and no matter if it is higher quality than HD DVD people are familiar with DVD now, HD DVD is cheaper, and most HD DVD releases are dual disc with standard DVD included. I personally don't think Sony can put a stranglehold on the physical media market like Apple has done with digital media, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with MD and UMD...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 22 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2326 posts

Mar 15, 2007
all of sony's formats start out strong but die quickly
i sometimes go by gargig
Message 23 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Mar 15, 2007

gargig wrote:
all of sony's formats start out strong but die quickly

There are way too many Sony fanboys here for them to realize that...
Message 24 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Mar 15, 2007

OPTIONstreamZ wrote:
The PS3 is the only reason BD is ahead right now. All the standalone players cost more. I wouldn't start pumping my fists and celebrating yet if I were you guys, this is a technology that rode a trojan horse into the market, and no matter if it is higher quality than HD DVD people are familiar with DVD now, HD DVD is cheaper, and most HD DVD releases are dual disc with standard DVD included. I personally don't think Sony can put a stranglehold on the physical media market like Apple has done with digital media, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with MD and UMD...

Good thing the PS3 is getting one if it's jobs done, eh?

Cheaper standalone players are coming out soon. All new formats start out with expensive players.

Also, I noticed that people bring up Betamax and such when these types of discussions arise. Are they forgetting the CD-ROM? The floppy disk? I think Sony played a large role in DV also.

and FYI, Minidisc did pretty well in Japan, I believe it is still pretty strong there, though the iPod and such are quickly claiming it's market. also, sony developed alot of the tech used in VHS.

think different
Message 25 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5980 posts

Mar 15, 2007

-Nugs- wrote:
blu ray is the future, in 5 years there will probably be mostly bluray and hddvd will be scarce

Scarce? more like non-existant. at one point blu-ray was beating HD-DVD. 3:1 in sales!
We are tired of waiting for god damn playstation home
Message 26 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Mar 15, 2007

-Nugs- wrote:
blu ray is the future, in 5 years there will probably be mostly bluray and hddvd will be scarce

qft
Photobucket
Message 27 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5980 posts

Mar 15, 2007

D3adPix3l wrote:

-Nugs- wrote:

nope, HDDVD has already beaten blu-ray so HAH

Wow.. Blu-ray is beating HD-DVD right now. and the war still isnt over.
We are tired of waiting for god damn playstation home
Message 28 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Mar 15, 2007
bluray is awesome expecially with its effect.

80GB Playstation 3 Owner
1GB Playstation Portable 1000 Series Owner
64MB Playstation 2 Slimline Owner

I know what you're thinking, this guy has it all :smileytongue:
Message 29 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Mar 15, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

OPTIONstreamZ wrote:

Good thing the PS3 is getting one if it's jobs done, eh?

Cheaper standalone players are coming out soon. All new formats start out with expensive players.

Also, I noticed that people bring up Betamax and such when these types of discussions arise. Are they forgetting the CD-ROM? The floppy disk? I think Sony played a large role in DV also.

and FYI, Minidisc did pretty well in Japan, I believe it is still pretty strong there, though the iPod and such are quickly claiming it's market. also, sony developed alot of the tech used in VHS.

Sony may have HELPED with those formats, but, you have to remember that BD isn't anything like VHS or DVD. Sony didn't solely develop these formats for their own profit like they have done with previous ones and now BD. Honestly, I don't see why we even argue over these formats yet, most Americans have no use at all for either of them.
Message 30 of 30 (0 Views)
0 Likes