Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 13 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Black Friday is quickly approaching us but

26 replies 244 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

C'mon SEARS, KMART, KOHLS, TARGET, WALMART all open @ 8PM on TURKEY DAY, before Black Friday.  It doesn't really help retailers and it doesn't help you.   I've worked about 10 Black Friday's and its not worth the hassle.  Stay home with family and spend time with your loved ones.   Life is too short!!   You will just spend the money on something else.  Nothing really special happens except tons of traffic, no parking spaces, long lines.   Stay home and be with family.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (244 Views)
Survivor
2204 posts

Re: Black Friday is quickly approaching us but

Nov 13, 2012

Black Fridays are overrated.  Its really stores just trying to get rid of their left over inventory.  You'll never see the top of the line brands on sale when it comes to electronics.  And "Cyber Mondays"' is an even bigger scam lol.

#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (235 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 13, 2012

dc4daniel wrote:

Black Fridays are overrated.  Its really stores just trying to get rid of their left over inventory.  You'll never see the top of the line brands on sale when it comes to electronics.  And "Cyber Mondays"' is an even bigger scam lol.

¤ I work for one of the mentioned retailers above, and working at the warehouse, we are NOT pushing out leftover inventory from the stores.  All new freight has been pushed through our warehouse to the stores from our distributors

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (224 Views)
Big Daddy
18889 posts

Nov 13, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

C'mon SEARS, KMART, KOHLS, TARGET, WALMART all open @ 8PM on TURKEY DAY, before Black Friday.  It doesn't really help retailers and it doesn't help you.   I've worked about 10 Black Friday's and its not worth the hassle.  Stay home with family and spend time with your loved ones.   Life is too short!!   You will just spend the money on something else.  Nothing really special happens except tons of traffic, no parking spaces, long lines.   Stay home and be with family.

I don't mind stores opening at 8PM for Black Friday sales.

I usually go to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner and the usual family drama.  So on my way home it's a good opportunity to swing by a store if I'm interested in a sale item without having to make a separate trip.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (211 Views)
Gaming Beast
2381 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I'm going to be waiting in line at 3:30 Friday morning to get these. :smileyhappy:

52548_1352335356.JPEG

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Yeah black friday is coming.... But Im broke!!! lol

Sucks to be me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 13, 2012

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I'm going to be waiting in line at 3:30 Friday morning to get these. :smileyhappy:

52548_1352335356.JPEG

You don't need to be there at 3AM.  They wil be better deals during the day time at normal hours.  The general public is still un aware of this.  Sure, you might be a great discount maybe, but you will just spend something on something silly. You'll never catch me at a black friday or be one of those crazy door busters!!!  It doesn't pay! 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (193 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I usually go just to laugh at people from the parking lot.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I work at a small stereo shop, and we are going to have a BIG!!! Black Friday Event, lol :robotlol:

It'll be like every other one we have had, everybody at big box stores, and we are DEAD!!! 

Sometimes i don't know why we even try :smileywink:

photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Life is too short!! No real reasons why retailers need to be on turkey night.   I've worked my fair share of them, major retailers still don't make their goal. Your loved ones will quickly be gone before you know it.  Retailers, after black Friday will still have even better deals.  

Will never be a door buster!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes