PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Re: Black Friday is quickly approaching us but

Nov 15, 2012

Having worked in retail for a combined eight years in the past, I feel for anyone who has to go into work that morning.

My wife works at a retail chain, but not in sales.  Her department has nothing to do with anything that would be sold on Black Friday, yet she has to get up at three in the morning to be at work for the open at five.  Frigging ridiculous!  It affects me, and I don't even work in retail.

To top that off, in my experiences, any "door buster", still hate that term, are not worth the hassle.  People should think about that before they get up early and wait in lines that go around buildings, all in the hopes they can get that one item that is priced so good, the store only stocks five of them.  "Sorry, no special orders or rain checks.  This is an in store deal only".

What a freaking scam!  Nothing is worth the aggravation and crowds.  I generally hate people, and I especially hate herds of people.  You will not find me out Black Friday.  Even if I did not have to work, I would not be out.  I would be playing some BF3, or anything rather than deal with the idiocy and pandemonium.

BLACK FRIDAY SUCKS!  THE DEALS ARE WEAK! PEOPLE IN CROWDS ARE MORONS!

Just my humble opinion.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (98 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Yeah the crowds are crazy now, but when you actually go to the malls on black friday and that weekend.  A lot of peoeple are walking around and not buying anything.  Which doesn't make sense to me.  I go to the mall if I have a reason.  Like a new game or a psn card.  

Stay away from the food courts.  The lines will be jammed and food doesn't even get cooked.  

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

Yeah the crowds are crazy now, but when you actually go to the malls on black friday and that weekend.  A lot of peoeple are walking around and not buying anything.  Which doesn't make sense to me.  I go to the mall if I have a reason.  Like a new game or a psn card.  

Stay away from the food courts.  The lines will be jammed and food doesn't even get cooked.  

advert

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (91 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 15, 2012

LOL  mall food is awful!!  Dunkin Donuts, isn't too bad if you have in your mall.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Nov 15, 2012
My wife loves gift shopping on these days. A group of 5 of her friends go so the five guys have made a pact.

We make them all stay at 1 house the night before so we only have to put up with the nonsense 1 time every 5 years.

Sadly this is my year :/
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 16, 2012

It's not that overrated, some people don't have or don't want to hang with their families on that day believe it or not. They rather work all day. I'm excited for it this year as I will finally be one working. Oh the thrill of seeing angry customers come in demanding something I sold to the least person.  Ultimate test of "Niceness".

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (70 Views)
Gaming Beast
2358 posts

Nov 18, 2012

crazy_bargain_shoppers_new_york_city_2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (50 Views)
0 Likes