Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 27 2013
By: FROM_MY_GUN First Son 1 posts

Best tv

7 replies 130 views Edited Jan 27, 2013
I have been looking for a tv most compatible with gaming. Have tried multiple and all ways have sway. Play first person shooter games. Tried. All game modes on different tv brands. Tried smaller . Tried different hertz and 1080's. actually have old Sony tv, original flat screen hdmi. Huge thing works perfect. Getting to old to keep. Not a flat screen
Message 1 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2889 posts

Re: Best tv

Jan 27, 2013

Moved from: 'General Discussions > PS3'.

Message 2 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2115 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Anything but a Plasma TV. Even though Plasma TV are the best looking IMO, they can cause burn in issues. I have a Plasma TV I game on and if I had the choice again I would go with a LCD TV. They are really nice looking but stick with a LCD. If you can take your PS3 with you plug it in and see how you like it. Worth the hassle than getting a TV you didn't really like.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 3 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31063 posts

Jan 28, 2013

FROM_MY_GUN wrote:
I have been looking for a tv most compatible with gaming. Have tried multiple and all ways have sway. Play first person shooter games. Tried. All game modes on different tv brands. Tried smaller . Tried different hertz and 1080's. actually have old Sony tv, original flat screen hdmi. Huge thing works perfect. Getting to old to keep. Not a flat screen

I have a Samsung 55' 3D LED TV & playing on it is a dream.

We've moved away from Sony & more towwards Samsung over the last year or so, not for any major reason, we actually chose the Samsung over the Sony last time based on price & also looks!, Vizio is also a good brand with good quality TV's.

Message 4 of 8 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49576 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Message 5 of 8 (55 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Everyone I know uses Vizio. I have also heard a good desktop monitor beats most tv's for first person shooters. I know what he's talking about with the "sway". It's more like a lag to me, and if you play shooters consistently you can feel it immediately. It causes you to pass over or come up short of where you're aiming

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 6 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jan 29, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

FROM_MY_GUN wrote:

I have a Samsung 55' 3D LED TV & playing on it is a dream.

We've moved away from Sony & more towwards Samsung over the last year or so, not for any major reason, we actually chose the Samsung over the Sony last time based on price & also looks!, Vizio is also a good brand with good quality TV's.

I am Jack's simmering Jealousy!:smileylol:

Moble

Message 7 of 8 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Re: Best TV

Jan 29, 2013

I only have a Sony Wega DLP 50" or something like that.  It at least gets 1080i and p, but I do so much want  a LED or Plasma!  

I have a 40" LCD Samsung in the bedroom, but no gaming system on it.  Might be changing that soon though.  Fingers crossed, may be getting into an actual House finally!  Excited!  Bye Bye Condo, hello finished basement with GAME ROOM!  

(Wife has not yet approved game room yet.  Game room is subject to final approval of spouse and ramifications of having a room I can be ALONE in.  All ideas, wishes and wants of males, MUST be approved by spouse before finalization.  Happy WIfe = Happy Life)

Although, my Uncle would tell me; it is always easier to say I am sorry, than it is to ask for permission.  Of course he is on marriage number 2 now.  Not sure if he is giving me solid advice for a long marriage.

Sorry, way off-topic.  If I could buy a TV tomorrow, I would definitely get a Samsung around 50".  SOrry Sony, my DLP is great, but Samsung is kicking your but on the TV Screen front.

Moble

Message 8 of 8 (46 Views)