Highlighted
Sep 26 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Be aware of GOOGLE PLUS

11 replies 228 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

If you use google plus and aren't aware, they display your name now on everything you post especially Youtube, instead of your screen name.  Do not install google plus at all, even if it automatically updates it for you on your google account. You can delete google plus and its content.  Be careful when do so, because you also have the option to delete your google account.  GOOGLE PLUS, will also over ride your Youtube, screen name.  DO NOT ACCEPT GOOGLE PLUS!!!

Message 1 of 12 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Re: Be aware of GOOGLE PLUS

Sep 26, 2012

I think I put in a fake name... 

Speedy  or something so I should be good.

When I looked on my Youtube I seen it there I was alil Confused.

thankfully I didnt put my name.

Thanks for the heads up though.

And I hope you get you Youtube App working the way you like It I know you are still **bleep** by it.

Message 2 of 12 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Yes, I accidently deleted my orignal accoutn I had on youtube because of this.  I didn't think, it would allow a fake name but just be careful.  

Thanks for the advice about the signature card, I will look into it later.  Got errands to do in a bit 

Google Plus, will also show up on your phone and if you post something using google plus, your real name will appear at the comment, which complete bull.  

I have an awesome GPS on my phone and you comment on places and business.  Few months, I saw my name and not my screen name. I deleted everything and it took it off at least after but lost my account.  

A lot of people don't like google plus.  I don't see the point either. 

Message 3 of 12 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Sep 26, 2012

**bleep** thats crazy... Ill be on alert with stuff like that.

Good luck with the sig my friend.... Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

I fail to see the point in this.

"I used my real name for my Google account and it shows my REAL name on there!"

Sorry, but this seems incredibly obvious and redundant.

This is like complaining that you used your real name in your PSN ID on PS3 and then not liking that it also shows it when posting here on the PS community forums. Of course if you make a Google account under your real name and then use that for G+ and YouTube it will continue to use your real name... You do not absolutely *need* to link your G+ with your YouTube and Android devices, etc. They ask if you want to link them.

No offense but it is your fault for linking them together under your real name. Of course there are people out there who don't like G+ or prefer not to use it. That is their opinion and that's fine, but don't set something up how you didn't want to set it up and then complain about it online.

Message 5 of 12 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Palmer640 wrote:

I fail to see the point in this.

"I used my real name for my Google account and it shows my REAL name on there!"

Sorry, but this seems incredibly obvious and redundant.

This is like complaining that you used your real name in your PSN ID on PS3 and then not liking that it also shows it when posting here on the PS community forums. Of course if you make a Google account under your real name and then use that for G+ and YouTube it will continue to use your real name... You do not absolutely *need* to link your G+ with your YouTube and Android devices, etc. They ask if you want to link them.

No offense but it is your fault for linking them together under your real name. Of course there are people out there who don't like G+ or prefer not to use it. That is their opinion and that's fine, but don't set something up how you didn't want to set it up and then complain about it online.

I don't mind using my real name on PS3 but using  it  on google plus, your real name will post on youtube comnents and everywhere else that you post.  I deleted Google plus, and just letting others aware of the changes.  I wasn't aware of the option because it did an automatic update and I took it off.  This is my opinion about Google plus, so that's fine. When replying to a comment on youtube  using Google plus, I wouldn't want my real name showing.  It also will display on your GPS when comments on your places. Again, I enjoy my screen on my PS3 but Google plus, no need for it and just letting others know.

Message 6 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Google Plus = you can rename your YouTube name... Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44619 posts

Oct 9, 2012

If you use your real name anyway, this won't matter.

Message 8 of 12 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I don't see the problem with it posting your name on Youtube, unless it shows other personal information is just like facebook no? The GPS thing is another thing thoug.
Message 9 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39447 posts

Oct 10, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Google Plus = you can rename your YouTube name... Smiley Very Happy

You can do that rentabls?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 10 of 12 (80 Views)
0 Likes