MVP Support
39466 posts

Re: Back to grease monkey.. :(

Jan 8, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

chicagotops wrote:

WOOT! Grease monkey...

sackboy follows. Then probably i post everything...  Which by that time such rank would be irrelevant. 

The ranks here suck honestly.  The colors theme was a whole lot of fun. And so were the titles. 

We had unique snowflakes and jingle bells along with grinches all in the mix. 

These forums need a change. Some variety too. 

Maybe if we had more of a lively and community spirit in the forums, the home forums wouldnt be so nasty.  And the home forums need that community spirit. 

This section of the forums is like another world. Though lacks in scenery. 

I know you probably think I'm "on your case here a bit" but I wanted to respond to your last post.

I don't mind the current ranks & their names, I do agee with you about liking the colored names though, they were cool, & even if only (as I said in another Thread) it was easier to see your own posts in a long list, but those titles you're referring to were only for the Chritmas/Holiday period & are now gone, but I'm sure the "Team" are working on adding some more color soon.

I think the vast majority of the Forums is actually pretty lively, I also think there's a lot of "community spirit", at least in the "main" Forum area, I do agree with however you about the PS HOME Forums, they are somewhere I hardly frequent anymore, just because of the way it is over there.

Scenery, yea I'd like to see that too, in all the Forums, jsut a theme of some sort, to "liven the place up a bit".

Sorry to go off-topic somewhat, but you're the OP so i thought it was ok lol.

Was there something you wanted to say moble, bcause of there was I can't see it!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 61 of 73 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

u know a banner of some sorts for scenery.. maybe even created by a user or giving some user a weekly spotlight or even rank by creating a banner or some art work inspired by some game would be an awesome way to get in on the competition of rank or a spotlight Here in these forums. 

Though making banners is not everyones cup of tea nor have the know how..  And i know theres a thread out there here dedicated to the creation of These. it really isnt a competition nor is it inspired by a reward. Also not official..?  May i add ive hardly peeked that thread though..  But theres plenty of creative nature out there. And it should be rewarded. And a community spirit should be embraced. 

This whole thread has been leading up to something.. 

And i think thats competition for a spotlight on these boards. Not my intent btw..

And or community events insipred by a leader to provide us these competitive events that could reward us such as so..

may i add also that many here arent also into fps's or even gaming much... Nowadays. And if such competitions did occur many wouldnt want to participate.  Nor would be interested to partake in such event. 

ps home is all about events. Rewards and community. Though forum ranks there would surely lead to chaos, there are forum members there deserving of such spotlight for their community events and spirit. As well as their accomplishments and competitive nature. But still very rare to find such qualities. And the home forums arent the place to be doing this. But then again we have all that in game already. And event leaders who organize these events already have what they need to back it up. 

seeing how all these are also user created events and also the most approriate medium for such, there really is no better place for ranking than in home. 

There are plenty of events.. And really home is the best place for these to happen and for even ranks To be accomplished. 

But due to favoritism on behalf of MVP's or other circumstances... 

Such things honestly shouldnt happen. 

Anyways, each post will get me away from my grease monkey status and i dont think im that far away.. 

Are you talking about the PlayStation Signature Contest Hall of Fame 2012 thread? Obviously that particular thread is not a contest. It’s a Hall of Fame. Its purpose is to showcase the winning entries for all of the signature contests that took place in the PlayStation Community Forums in 2012. Check it out (and read it) in your spare time. There were 15+ signature contests in 2012, most of them had a reward for the winner, and there will be more of these contests in 2013. Our signature contests tend to be inspired by the themes and concepts in video games since video game discussion is a large part of the PlayStation Community Forums. You should keep an eye out for some of these contests.

In addition to contests and events, there is also the Weekly Highlights Program. Some of the “Posters of the Week” have even come from the PlayStation Home section. In other words, that is where they spend most of their time. If you feel that some of the events in the PlayStation Home section should have forum ranks then you should discuss this with the Home Community Volunteers or the event organizers.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 62 of 73 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I am an event organizer as are others. 

The home forums section doesnt really have mvp's 

but we do have one. Even so, these ranks over at the home forums are not a good idea. Although it is. 

And Neither would be giving them out by our valuable mvp and or provide an event for such a case. 

As to the hcv's,  they hardly serve a purpose let alone make a scene. 

Theres ppl out there who do depend on their services or "volunteer work"

but im not one of those. 

So there really is no discussion there To be had.  nor are these folk providing anything really besides a couple few. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 63 of 73 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jan 9, 2013
So...why are you complaining about the lack of activity over here, and not to the people in charge of the Home sections?

Honest question; asking for "help" in an area that, for the most part, isn't interested in your own isn't all that productive
Message 64 of 73 (97 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 9, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
So...why are you complaining about the lack of activity over here, and not to the people in charge of the Home sections?

Honest question; asking for "help" in an area that, for the most part, isn't interested in your own isn't all that productive

Me thinks u need comprehension skills. 

How the hell am i asking for help let alone giving it. 

And nobody has mentioned lack of activity anywhere. 

So honest question; why would you be the first to post a remark that could lead to an argument. .? 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 65 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 10, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

chicagotops wrote:

WOOT! Grease monkey...

sackboy follows. Then probably i post everything...  Which by that time such rank would be irrelevant. 

The ranks here suck honestly.  The colors theme was a whole lot of fun. And so were the titles. 

We had unique snowflakes and jingle bells along with grinches all in the mix. 

These forums need a change. Some variety too. 

Maybe if we had more of a lively and community spirit in the forums, the home forums wouldnt be so nasty.  And the home forums need that community spirit. 

This section of the forums is like another world. Though lacks in scenery. 

I know you probably think I'm "on your case here a bit" but I wanted to respond to your last post.

I don't mind the current ranks & their names, I do agee with you about liking the colored names though, they were cool, & even if only (as I said in another Thread) it was easier to see your own posts in a long list, but those titles you're referring to were only for the Chritmas/Holiday period & are now gone, but I'm sure the "Team" are working on adding some more color soon.

I think the vast majority of the Forums is actually pretty lively, I also think there's a lot of "community spirit", at least in the "main" Forum area, I do agree with however you about the PS HOME Forums, they are somewhere I hardly frequent anymore, just because of the way it is over there.

Scenery, yea I'd like to see that too, in all the Forums, jsut a theme of some sort, to "liven the place up a bit".

Sorry to go off-topic somewhat, but you're the OP so i thought it was ok lol.

Was there something you wanted to say moble, bcause of there was I can't see it!

It was on the following post.  I think what happened; is I hit the quote button, decided I didn't want it in there, and instead of hitting cancel, I hit post.  Whoops.

Ha ha, the dangerous part of having my quote above the trophy card, intentional by the way, is when I type nothing, it gives the appearance I am calling the quoted post "stupid", again intended, but not in this case.

My fingers were moving faster than my brain in that case.  Sorry for the confusion.

To reiterate, HOME Scares me.

Moble

Message 66 of 73 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Well anyways.. Heres my time to proclaim in my thread that im relieved from teh grease monkey. 

The official count to relief one self of this monkey is @ 405. 

And i hit that count last night. Though i have to say it was ruined. Smiley Sad

which made for an Un-happy sackboy. 

Ive never played LBP either.  

Wish i could be walter sullivan. Then james sunderland,  And hopefully one day be pyramid head. 

now that would be something i'd strive for. But this isnt a silent hill fan site. And i got my avatars anyways. 

Still... 

Anywho, Woot!

- Restless Dreams.
Message 67 of 73 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Btw.. I just noticed the pistol proficinado.. 

Whatever proficinado is..?

anyone care to explain on that..? 

Not my profile but for one in this page. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 68 of 73 (54 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

Btw.. I just noticed the pistol proficinado.. 

Whatever proficinado is..?

anyone care to explain on that..? 

Not my profile but for one in this page. 

That rank is tied to PLYMCO_PILGRIM’s Starhawk Wednesday Community Event and Weekly Challenge.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 69 of 73 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Oh boy.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 70 of 73 (39 Views)
0 Likes