VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Re: Back to grease monkey.. :(

Jan 8, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

chicagotops wrote:

u know a banner of some sorts for scenery.. maybe even created by a user or giving some user a weekly spotlight or even rank by creating a banner or some art work inspired by some game would be an awesome way to get in on the competition of rank or a spotlight Here in these forums. 

There are frequent Signature contests that result in an exclusive rank, here's a link to one: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/PSASBR-Signature-Contest-Decembe...

The winner was ItsLuigiTime, his profile is here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/932100

He earned the "Level 4 Super" rank which was crafted exclusively for this contest.

You can learn about Game Nights, Events and Tournaments by checking out the "Featured Topics" widget on the top left of the front page of these forums.

theres actually a new sig contets going on now.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Hitman-Signature-Contest-January-2013/t...

Message 51 of 73 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Your not... plus the earlier titles change quickly.

ive been with this same title for about couple months.

after a while it kinda disappears unless you manage to get yourself a title called "Grinch" during the holidays. Smiley Very Happy

A few of the titles seem to last for what seems like forever.  I think I had 'Veteran' for some 3-5k (?) posts.  There seems to be 'dips' in the frequency of changes for the ranks (you get a stretch where you go up in a consistent manner and then you get those ranks that seem permanent).  But I think the old board ran on different criteria (posts, how long you've been here, etc.).  Not sure if the latter is true here but since we're back on Lithium, I'd assume so.

Oh, and for Christmas 2013, I demand the rank of 'Krampus' with this icon from Venture Bros:

Crop it as needed when the Holiday rolls around.

Message 52 of 73 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 8, 2013

LOL see your luring them in again huh...

Well regardless of how the ranking system works now the MODS wont be spilling the beans on its breakdown.

Im sure someone will eventually figure it out though.

Just imagine I am only at 7k and it seems like a long time to change titles imagine when I hit your post count... Itll be like permanent forreal

Not gona lie though I wanted to see you as the cartoon grinch I was like meh when I seen it was the real one IRL.

Message 53 of 73 (82 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Oh, and for Christmas 2013, I demand the rank of 'Krampus' with this icon from Venture Bros:

you wish to beat children with sticks and in some cases steal them and take them back to your lair?

lulz.jpg

Message 54 of 73 (80 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 8, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

you wish to beat children with sticks and in some cases steal them and take them back to your lair?

What happens back at the lair?

Message 55 of 73 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Well regardless of how the ranking system works now the MODS wont be spilling the beans on its breakdown.

Just imagine I am only at 7k and it seems like a long time to change titles imagine when I hit your post count... Itll be like permanent forreal

Not gona lie though I wanted to see you as the cartoon grinch I was like meh when I seen it was the real one IRL.

Is there even one after mine? Wait...I think there is, but I think I need to double my post count to get it O.o

Message 56 of 73 (75 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

i loved how when the old Lithium boards were switching to Jive shungokusatsu spilled the beans on the ranking system. it was like learning the truth behind Houdini's greatest magic trick. Smiley Very Happy

Message 57 of 73 (74 Views)
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I think me and the other MVPs are stuck with just "PlayStation MVP" Smiley Sad  What I liked about the old Lithium venture was that MVPs got to choose a custom rank.

And I kept my mouth shut about the RL Grinch image being used, lest I get slapped with the rank 'Coal' or something Smiley LOL

Message 58 of 73 (60 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Jan 8, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I think me and the other MVPs are stuck with just "PlayStation MVP" Smiley Sad  What I liked about the old Lithium venture was that MVPs got to choose a custom rank.

And I kept my mouth shut about the RL Grinch image being used, lest I get slapped with the rank 'Coal' or something Smiley LOL

the feature obviously still exists, all you MVPs should make a topic in the Forum Info forum and pester the mods until they bring the feature back. Smiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 73 (58 Views)
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jan 8, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

lulz.jpg

Welp Mods/Admins, SE has done the work.  All you'll need to do is get the icon from him and save the above image as to what to do come Christmas.

Image also reminds me I have tags and kudos turned off Smiley Very Happy

Message 60 of 73 (57 Views)
0 Likes