PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: Back to grease monkey.. :(

Jan 8, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
No. You have events run by MVPs (regardless of what they are), but outside "the MVP is running the event", there's no structure? No rules for anything outside the game (such as prizes and the like)?

There are guidelines that are evaluated when deciding what level of support to give a particular MVP's event, yes.  The specifics aren't something discussed publicly since exceptions can be made for outstanding circumstances. Variables evaluated include traffic, game title and if it's a repeat event, or a one time deal. Other variables are considered, but I'm offering those as examples. The primary reward for regular weekly events is typically a forum rank if the host elects to go that route. High profile tournaments attract more lucrative prizing. PSASBR and UC3 have both recently had contests/tournaments that have experienced this.

But, short answer: Yes. There is structure, and there are guidelines.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 41 of 73 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jan 8, 2013
The way things are talked about on the forums makes it seem like there isn't much structure...a lot of conjecture, "maybes", scarce details (including people not knowing why they've been rewarded) and the like tend to do that.
Message 42 of 73 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40582 posts

Jan 8, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

Yea i know the deal.. 

Ive done alot for the community. Not here to boast or whatever.. 

But ive done my part for the community as well as these forums. 

Seeing how this was my thread im just making my posts into jokes. Keeping on topic too. 

wasnt really serious and know such things should require a special reason or the likes. As should be the case.

But Like i said, taking a shot.. 

The reasons for these ranks were also explained so thx for clearing that up, 

however my discontent with my rank shall remain..  But its nothing to get worked over by. And special ranks 

Are also insignificant.  So im not here to ask nor promote mine.  Though that is the thread..

And yea i did ask.. I do feel deserving of one i Admit..  But thats not here to be discussed or looked At.

And thats also a power only had by a few. 

My point is that im back to this rank.. Hate it! Wish i could chanGe it, and imma take a shot at it.. Much like i did.. 

And thats all pretty much it.  

This thread turned out to be alot of fun. 

Who knew grease monkey would lead into various topics while keeping in topic. Thx yall

You asked & think you're deserving of a 'special rank" then say "that's not here to be discussed", well don't bring it up then!

Your rank will change so long as you continue to contribute to the Community, you could also enter & win some special event & the prize is a special rank, or if you're ever made Poster of the Week, also other ranks may be introduced by the Management Team that reflect different holidays during the year, but that is something we all benefit from, truet me you will "rank up" from Grease Monkey to something else soon.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 43 of 73 (138 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 8, 2013

WOOT! Grease monkey...

sackboy follows. Then probably i post everything...  Which by that time such rank would be irrelevant. 

The ranks here suck honestly.  The colors theme was a whole lot of fun. And so were the titles. 

We had unique snowflakes and jingle bells along with grinches all in the mix. 

These forums need a change. Some variety too. 

Maybe if we had more of a lively and community spirit in the forums, the home forums wouldnt be so nasty.  And the home forums need that community spirit. 

This section of the forums is like another world. Though lacks in scenery. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 44 of 73 (128 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40582 posts

Jan 8, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

WOOT! Grease monkey...

sackboy follows. Then probably i post everything...  Which by that time such rank would be irrelevant. 

The ranks here suck honestly.  The colors theme was a whole lot of fun. And so were the titles. 

Maybe if we had more of a lively and community spirit in the forums, the home forums wouldnt be so nasty.  And the home forums need that community spirit. 

I know you probably think I'm "on your case here a bit" but I wanted to respond to your last post.

I don't mind the current ranks & their names, I do agee with you about liking the colored names though, they were cool, & even if only (as I said in another Thread) it was easier to see your own posts in a long list, but those titles you're referring to were only for the Chritmas/Holiday period & are now gone, but I'm sure the "Team" are working on adding some more color soon.

I think the vast majority of the Forums is actually pretty lively, I also think there's a lot of "community spirit", at least in the "main" Forum area, I do agree with however you about the PS HOME Forums, they are somewhere I hardly frequent anymore, just because of the way it is over there.

Scenery, yea I'd like to see that too, in all the Forums, jsut a theme of some sort, to "liven the place up a bit".

Sorry to go off-topic somewhat, but you're the OP so i thought it was ok lol.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 45 of 73 (123 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 8, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

chicagotops wrote:

WOOT! Grease monkey...

I know you probably think I'm "on your case here a bit" but I wanted to respond to your last post.

I don't mind the current ranks & their names, I do agee with you about liking the colored names though, they were cool, & even if only (as I said in another Thread) it was easier to see your own posts in a long list, but those titles you're referring to were only for the Chritmas/Holiday period & are now gone, but I'm sure the "Team" are working on adding some more color soon.

I think the vast majority of the Forums is actually pretty lively, I also think there's a lot of "community spirit", at least in the "main" Forum area, I do agree with however you about the PS HOME Forums, they are somewhere I hardly frequent anymore, just because of the way it is over there.

Scenery, yea I'd like to see that too, in all the Forums, jsut a theme of some sort, to "liven the place up a bit".

Sorry to go off-topic somewhat, but you're the OP so i thought it was ok lol.

Message 46 of 73 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 8, 2013

The HOME Section Scares me.Smiley Surprised

Moble

Message 47 of 73 (111 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 8, 2013

u know a banner of some sorts for scenery.. maybe even created by a user or giving some user a weekly spotlight or even rank by creating a banner or some art work inspired by some game would be an awesome way to get in on the competition of rank or a spotlight Here in these forums. 

Though making banners is not everyones cup of tea nor have the know how..  And i know theres a thread out there here dedicated to the creation of These. it really isnt a competition nor is it inspired by a reward. Also not official..?  May i add ive hardly peeked that thread though..  But theres plenty of creative nature out there. And it should be rewarded. And a community spirit should be embraced. 

This whole thread has been leading up to something.. 

And i think thats competition for a spotlight on these boards. Not my intent btw..

And or community events insipred by a leader to provide us these competitive events that could reward us such as so..

may i add also that many here arent also into fps's or even gaming much... Nowadays. And if such competitions did occur many wouldnt want to participate.  Nor would be interested to partake in such event. 

ps home is all about events. Rewards and community. Though forum ranks there would surely lead to chaos, there are forum members there deserving of such spotlight for their community events and spirit. As well as their accomplishments and competitive nature. But still very rare to find such qualities. And the home forums arent the place to be doing this. But then again we have all that in game already. And event leaders who organize these events already have what they need to back it up. 

seeing how all these are also user created events and also the most approriate medium for such, there really is no better place for ranking than in home. 

There are plenty of events.. And really home is the best place for these to happen and for even ranks To be accomplished. 

But due to favoritism on behalf of MVP's or other circumstances... 

Such things honestly shouldnt happen. 

Anyways, each post will get me away from my grease monkey status and i dont think im that far away.. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 48 of 73 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Your not... plus the earlier titles change quickly.

ive been with this same title for about couple months.

after a while it kinda disappears unless you manage to get yourself a title called "Grinch" during the holidays. Smiley Very Happy

Message 49 of 73 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Jan 8, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

u know a banner of some sorts for scenery.. maybe even created by a user or giving some user a weekly spotlight or even rank by creating a banner or some art work inspired by some game would be an awesome way to get in on the competition of rank or a spotlight Here in these forums. 

There are frequent Signature contests that result in an exclusive rank, here's a link to one: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/PSASBR-Signature-Contest-Decembe...

The winner was ItsLuigiTime, his profile is here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/932100

He earned the "Level 4 Super" rank which was crafted exclusively for this contest.

You can learn about Game Nights, Events and Tournaments by checking out the "Featured Topics" widget on the top left of the front page of these forums.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 50 of 73 (97 Views)
0 Likes