PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: Back to grease monkey.. :(

Jan 7, 2013

He's the reigning rank holder for the BO2 Weekly event.  Next run is tomorrow: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Series/Target-Locked-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-G...

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 31 of 73 (129 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

He's the reigning rank holder for the BO2 Weekly event.  Next run is tomorrow: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Series/Target-Locked-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-G...

OK, so why does one community event get something special but the others nothing?

Serious question here; IMO, should be an all-or-nothing kinda thing.

Message 32 of 73 (120 Views)
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

OK, so why does one community event get something special but the others nothing?

Serious question here; IMO, should be an all-or-nothing kinda thing.

It might be up to the PlayStation MVP or the event organizer if special ranks or prizes are to be associated with his or her events. The criteria associated with awarding prizes or assigning ranks of this nature might also be up to the PlayStation MVP or the event organizer in question (it depends on the event). The Call of Duty: Black Ops II event isn’t the only event in the PlayStation Community Forums that gives out a special rank. The “Naughty Paw” rank is given out every week to someone who signed up for and participated in the Naughty Paws event for that week.

You can check out the Naughty Paws: Community Game Nights thread for more information.

If you see an established community event and you feel that the event organizer should incorporate special ranks or prizes into his or her event then you shouldn’t hesitate to contact him or her. Isn’t PLYMCO_PILGRIM doing something like this for the weekly Starhawk Community events?

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 33 of 73 (106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 8, 2013

T_F can i get a special rank.. ?

ive done ever so much for home and community events. 

Giving it a shot k.. 

Please relieve me from being a grease monkey. I think sackboy comes next and thats also a downer. 

having special ranks is an awesome idea. But also these ranks  have to be well deserved. Ive never seen special ranks before and had no idea MVP's were capable of such a thing.

not suggesting this for the home forums really.. But since home is about the community it would be rather sweet. 

And i dont want to be a grease monkey! 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 34 of 73 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jan 8, 2013
I'm guessing, from your post, there is no standard in how the events (in-game or on the forum) are run, is there? Its up to the MVP (or whoever is running the event) to decide what happens and hope for mod approval? Doesn't that seem a little...odd...that there's no pre-defined structure?

You also have to remember that people generally do not go into forums they have absolutely no interest in, so special rules that apply on one forum can be pretty much unknown on all the others.
Message 35 of 73 (91 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Back to colorless, dull forum life...... Smiley Sad
Message 36 of 73 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
I'm guessing, from your post, there is no standard in how the events (in-game or on the forum) are run, is there? Its up to the MVP (or whoever is running the event) to decide what happens and hope for mod approval? Doesn't that seem a little...odd...that there's no pre-defined structure?

You also have to remember that people generally do not go into forums they have absolutely no interest in, so special rules that apply on one forum can be pretty much unknown on all the others.

Not all events can be the same and not all prizes and rewards (if applicable) can be the same for various reasons. MastrGT’s Monday Night Racing (with Gran Turismo 5), PLYMCO_PILGRIM’s Starhawk Wednesday Community Event, and Spider-Jew’s PlayStation All-Stars Saturday Smackdown are completely different events with completely different video games. Sometimes game nights are set up by forum members and prizes might not be in the cards. That doesn’t mean that a fun game night should be pushed to the side in favor of something else like a tournament. Even similar tournaments with the same video game can have different rules and regulations if they are run by different event organizers.

If pre-defined structure has anything to do with the way that players join a lobby, the "rules" of the game, or the way that matches are carried out (for lack of a better description) then the procedures that each host follows can depend largely on the video game that he or she is organizing an event around and the communities that are participating in the event. I hope I answered your questions but if I didn’t then please elaborate on the kind of pre-defined structure that you are looking for in a community event. There needs to be a degree of flexibility in some of these events because the experience that one video game offers to someone online might be completely different from the one that another video game offers.

If individuals are interested in participating in a community event then they should read through the necessary information that has been provided to them by the host in the thread for the event (wherever that thread might be). Event organizers usually make all of the information that they feel is necessary available to everyone and it is the responsibility of those who wish to participate in these events to read through that information.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 37 of 73 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39396 posts

Jan 8, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

T_F can i get a special rank.. ?

ive done ever so much for home and community events. 

Giving it a shot k.. 

Please relieve me from being a grease monkey. I think sackboy comes next and thats also a downer. 

having special ranks is an awesome idea. But also these ranks  have to be well deserved. Ive never seen special ranks before and had no idea MVP's were capable of such a thing.

not suggesting this for the home forums really.. But since home is about the community it would be rather sweet. 

And i dont want to be a grease monkey! 

LOL chicago, you're asking to be made a "special rank" because you think you deserve it & hate being known as Grease Monkey, then you say they have to be well deserved, that's exactly the point of special ranks, be they Poster of the Week or as in here where the rank is for the current holder for a Black Ops competition, as Tempest has said you have to take part in things or be a very valuable member of the community to be able to be considered for something like this, maybe one day you will be considered, but these ranks don't come easily & coming on here asking for one is well, you know!!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 38 of 73 (59 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Yea i know the deal.. 

Ive done alot for the community. Not here to boast or whatever.. 

But ive done my part for the community as well as these forums. 

Seeing how this was my thread im just making my posts into jokes. Keeping on topic too. 

wasnt really serious and know such things should require a special reason or the likes. As should be the case.

But Like i said, taking a shot.. 

The reasons for these ranks were also explained so thx for clearing that up, 

however my discontent with my rank shall remain..  But its nothing to get worked over by. And special ranks 

Are also insignificant.  So im not here to ask nor promote mine.  Though that is the thread..

And yea i did ask.. I do feel deserving of one i Admit..  But thats not here to be discussed or looked At.

And thats also a power only had by a few. 

My point is that im back to this rank.. Hate it! Wish i could chanGe it, and imma take a shot at it.. Much like i did.. 

And thats all pretty much it.  

This thread turned out to be alot of fun. 

Who knew grease monkey would lead into various topics while keeping in topic. Thx yall

- Restless Dreams.
Message 39 of 73 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jan 8, 2013
No. You have events run by MVPs (regardless of what they are), but outside "the MVP is running the event", there's no structure? No rules for anything outside the game (such as prizes and the like)?
Message 40 of 73 (49 Views)
0 Likes