Last Guardian
11637 posts

Re: Back from the Range

Apr 4, 2007
damn taht thing is VERY nice i like it a lot im into airsoft. im only 16 so yeah cant have  real gun lol but i have an mp7a1 and a vsr 10 sniper rifle i have made a lot of threads and posted pictures ofem
Message 21 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Apr 4, 2007
I have a AK47 at my uncle's...
Photobucket
Message 22 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
956 posts

Apr 4, 2007
thats a beautiful gun!  im going into the marines. either that or the navy. im sorry you got rejected! thats really unfortunate.   but at least you can go take out your frustration at the range
MY FTB 2 NAME IS _U.S._MARINE_

>
Message 23 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 4, 2007

BAMBAM81 wrote:
thats a beautiful gun!  im going into the marines. either that or the navy. im sorry you got rejected! thats really unfortunate.   but at least you can go take out your frustration at the range

Thanks.  Marines were my number one choice when I tried to enlist.  I've got a long history of Marines in the family and I was going to continue the tradition.  But ya, it's great to be able to go the ranges and fire shoot away the frustration. 
Photobucket
Message 24 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Apr 4, 2007
To ad you couldn't join us in the marines, but atleast you still get to shoot your rifle. I love going to the range and shooting my m16...and the best parti is I don't have to pay for bullets to do it. lol.
That's me in the pic in case you were wondering.
Message 25 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5471 posts

Apr 4, 2007
ive got one 2Smiley Indifferent lol jk, NICE!!!Smiley Surprised i like it because its shinySmiley Happy Smiley TongueSmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley SadSmiley Happy Smiley Surprised im very emotional
Message 26 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 4, 2007
Ya, must be nice not to have to pay for ammunition. lol.  It's not too bad.  I end up going to the range for two hours and spending about 30 bucks on 100 rounds of ammunition.  Since the range is indoors I have to buy copper .223 REM rounds.  It sounds like a small amount of ammo, but when firing a semi-auto weapon on single shot, its not that bad.  The range is indoors and has a maximum distance of 50 yards (150 feet).  There is an automated targeting machine that sends the target out to a selected distance so what I'll do is bring it in after every three shots, mark my hits and send it back out.  Doing it this way makes the time go by very quickly and yet I am still using a small amount of ammo.

westies wrote:
To ad you couldn't join us in the marines, but atleast you still get to shoot your rifle. I love going to the range and shooting my m16...and the best parti is I don't have to pay for bullets to do it. lol.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4506 posts

Apr 4, 2007
Nice gun, I can't wait until I can use one!
Message 28 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Apr 4, 2007

texan648 wrote:
Ya, must be nice not to have to pay for ammunition. lol.  It's not too bad.  I end up going to the range for two hours and spending about 30 bucks on 100 rounds of ammunition.  Since the range is indoors I have to buy copper .223 REM rounds.  It sounds like a small amount of ammo, but when firing a semi-auto weapon on single shot, its not that bad.  The range is indoors and has a maximum distance of 50 yards (150 feet).  There is an automated targeting machine that sends the target out to a selected distance so what I'll do is bring it in after every three shots, mark my hits and send it back out.  Doing it this way makes the time go by very quickly and yet I am still using a small amount of ammo.

westies wrote:
To bad you couldn't join us in the marines, but atleast you still get to shoot your rifle. I love going to the range and shooting my m16...and the best parti is I don't have to pay for bullets to do it. lol.

50 yards... you need to find an outdoor range lol. When we shoot to qualify we shoot at 200, 300, and 500 yards, with the regular iron sights, then we move to the 100 yard to fire at moving targets then the 50-25-and 15., those we shoot on burst( which is hella fun.).
That's me in the pic in case you were wondering.
Message 29 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 4, 2007

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:
To bad you couldn't join us in the marines, but atleast you still get to shoot your rifle. I love going to the range and shooting my m16...and the best parti is I don't have to pay for bullets to do it. lol.

50 yards... you need to find an outdoor range lol. When we shoot to qualify we shoot at 200, 300, and 500 yards, with the regular iron sights, then we move to the 100 yard to fire at moving targets then the 50-25-and 15., those we shoot on burst( which is hella fun.).

I agree 50 yards is nothing, but the weather was not favorable for shooting outdoors.  The wind was unbelieveable and there was a mix of rain too.  While I understand that weather conditions such as these may occur in combat, this is not combat and i didn't feel like dealing with windage and what not.  Ya there are a lot of outdoor ranges here, one with a maximum of 500 yards.  I've only fired on the 500 yard rangea couple times, but I've been using the 300 yard range, which is awesome. 

Message Edited by texan648 on 04-04-2007 07:18 PM
Photobucket
Message 30 of 80 (1 View)
0 Likes