Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Re: Back from the Range

Apr 5, 2007
Here are those pics I promised. I had a blast shooting these... especially the 240G machine gun...just the way it vibrates your whole body while shooting you get such an adrenaline rush. I think I'm in love with that gun.

M16A2 with M203 attachment

M240G 7.62mm machine gun

Here's a pic of how you have to shoot it...it recoils so much, and the effects of the flash and smoke mean you have to have a 2nd person with you to tell you where to aim...and since it's loud we use taps on the kevlar to indicate range and direction of fire.... here's a pic of the set up.

The M249 Saw...

The AT-4 rocket launcher... this thing is hella cool.

That's me in the pic in case you were wondering.
Message 71 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 5, 2007
Westies, those would be amazing to shoot.  My friend who I went to the range with today is in the Army and was telling me all about those.  Thanks for posting the pics.
Photobucket
Message 72 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Apr 5, 2007

texan648 wrote:
Westies, those would be amazing to shoot.  My friend who I went to the range with today is in the Army and was telling me all about those.  Thanks for posting the pics.

Oh man, they are...they are.lol. No problem for the pics thanks for thread it reminded me about all of this.
Message 73 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 5, 2007

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

Oh man, they are...they are.lol. No problem for the pics thanks for thread it reminded me about all of this.

No problem.  So how often do you get to fire these weapons?
Photobucket
Message 74 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Apr 5, 2007

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

Well lets see lol. We got to fire them at MCT after bootcamp. Then if you get deployed to iraq as security forces...you get to train on the m249 saw, and the 240G. You might get to shoot the m203, but that depends on if your going to be the guy in your squad that has that attachment. But if you go infantry... then you shoot the weapons alot.... as you can imagine.
Message 75 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2352 posts

Apr 5, 2007
My dad has a fairly large collection of guns. We never really get them out much though, some of them are pretty old. He has a double barrel 10 gauge shotgun that my great grandfather bought when he got back from WW1, it's my favorite one out of all of them.
Message 76 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 5, 2007

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

Well lets see lol. We got to fire them at MCT after bootcamp. Then if you get deployed to iraq as security forces...you get to train on the m249 saw, and the 240G. You might get to shoot the m203, but that depends on if your going to be the guy in your squad that has that attachment. But if you go infantry... then you shoot the weapons alot.... as you can imagine.

Are you currently deployed overseas or are you stationed here in the US?
Photobucket
Message 77 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Apr 5, 2007

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

I'm here in the US. I'm stationed at MCAS Miramar in San Diego.
Message 78 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Apr 5, 2007

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

That's cool.  Well I'm gonna head off to bed, I've got to wake up for work tomorrow morning.  Nice talking with you. 
Photobucket
Message 79 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Apr 5, 2007

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

westies wrote:

texan648 wrote:

That's cool.  Well I'm gonna head off to bed, I've got to wake up for work tomorrow morning.  Nice talking with you. 

You to man...lol this was like a big chat.
Message 80 of 80 (4 Views)
0 Likes