Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/02/2013
Offline
1190 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013
I'm still deciding on whether to watch The Legend Korra or not. I've seen half of the first episode and was like "Yeahhh, no"... but I heard it gets better later into the season. Hmmm...
Message 11 of 23 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 04/29/2013
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra

May 2, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

Terra-Lupa wrote:
She still partially had airbending! She looked like a brat because she was pouting about it the WHOLE ENTIRE EPISODE! A lot of the people on that show CAN'T bend..I don't get why everyone gave Bolin a dirty look when he said that she can still Airbend. He was trying to look on the bright side. And how could she learn Firebending so easily? It's her opposite element! And the three elements as a baby? WHY?! There are few things in that show that I actually like...Lin using seismic(?) sense, Aang pwning Yakone, Korra getting her bending taken away (should've been for longer), Bolin pwning that one match where Korra and Mako were fighting, and Pabu...he reminded me of Momo. Smiley Very Happy

You are mistaken about the firebending part, that was all explained in the show. when Korra wondered why it was so hard to master air, and she was told that for ang it was fire because Air was the opposite element of Fire, and for Korra it was air because water is the opposite element of air. The cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, and Air, in the terms of the show Air is opposite of Fire, Water is opposite of Air, Earth is opposide of Water, and Fire is opposide of Earth.


The opposite element of Air is Earth. As explained in The Last Airbender, Book 2 Episode 9 Katara says "Aang, if fire and water are opposites, then what's the opposite of Air?" Aang then says "I guess it's earth" Katara replies "That's why it's so hard for you to get this, you're working with your natural opposite." Book 3 Episode 6 Avatar Roku says "After my years mastering airbending, I traveled to the Northern Water Tribe. Waterbending was especially challenging for me, but in time I mastered it as well." 

 

As for Korra, her problem was in the spritual side of airbending. She couldn't be calm and mevitative and she's more inclined toward fighting offensive than defensive. Since Aang was already an airbending master and the viewers didn't get to see anyone extensively being taught airbending, the Writers wanted to show airbending more and they needed a way to do that....alas Korra was made! Also...the third element the Avatar learns (including the natural element) is the opposite...so Water is the opposite of Fire and Air in the opposite of Earth.


Message 12 of 23 (85 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 11/29/2007
Offline
10847 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra

May 2, 2013

Terra-Lupa wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

Terra-Lupa wrote:
She still partially had airbending! She looked like a brat because she was pouting about it the WHOLE ENTIRE EPISODE! A lot of the people on that show CAN'T bend..I don't get why everyone gave Bolin a dirty look when he said that she can still Airbend. He was trying to look on the bright side. And how could she learn Firebending so easily? It's her opposite element! And the three elements as a baby? WHY?! There are few things in that show that I actually like...Lin using seismic(?) sense, Aang pwning Yakone, Korra getting her bending taken away (should've been for longer), Bolin pwning that one match where Korra and Mako were fighting, and Pabu...he reminded me of Momo. Smiley Very Happy

You are mistaken about the firebending part, that was all explained in the show. when Korra wondered why it was so hard to master air, and she was told that for ang it was fire because Air was the opposite element of Fire, and for Korra it was air because water is the opposite element of air. The cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, and Air, in the terms of the show Air is opposite of Fire, Water is opposite of Air, Earth is opposide of Water, and Fire is opposide of Earth.


The opposite element of Air is Earth. As explained in The Last Airbender, Book 2 Episode 9 Katara says "Aang, if fire and water are opposites, then what's the opposite of Air?" Aang then says "I guess it's earth" Katara replies "That's why it's so hard for you to get this, you're working with your natural opposite." Book 3 Episode 6 Avatar Roku says "After my years mastering airbending, I traveled to the Northern Water Tribe. Waterbending was especially challenging for me, but in time I mastered it as well." 

 

As for Korra, her problem was in the spritual side of airbending. She couldn't be calm and mevitative and she's more inclined toward fighting offensive than defensive. Since Aang was already an airbending master and the viewers didn't get to see anyone extensively being taught airbending, the Writers wanted to show airbending more and they needed a way to do that....alas Korra was made! Also...the third element the Avatar learns (including the natural element) is the opposite...so Water is the opposite of Fire and Air in the opposite of Earth.


Oh, now that you mention it, I remember that part, although I thought in Korra, the airbender, I foget his name, was telling Korra that each avatar has one element they have trouble with and for her it was Air, I guess I was mistaken though.

Message 13 of 23 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2012
Offline
7276 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013
Tenzin?
Message 14 of 23 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 11/29/2007
Offline
10847 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
Tenzin?

Yes, that`s the name I didn`t remember.

Message 15 of 23 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
8267 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013

What the heck ever happen to the second part of the movie with AANG?

 

I havent seen a single episode of the new one (cartoon)...

 

But I wanted to see how the movie would portray the firelord and aangs fight.

 

Whats someone give me a link to more info please/.

 

 

Message 16 of 23 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 11/29/2007
Offline
10847 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013

Speedy24xmax wrote:

What the heck ever happen to the second part of the movie with AANG?

 

I havent seen a single episode of the new one (cartoon)...

 

But I wanted to see how the movie would portray the firelord and aangs fight.

 

Whats someone give me a link to more info please/.

 

 


What movie, are you talking about the Live Action movie, if so, a sequel has not been announced, not sure if there will be one since it came out in 2010

Message 17 of 23 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
8267 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013

Yeah the real one "live action" The one that came out in theaters.

 

awww that sucks I know it didnt do good in theaters but still I watched every episode of the cartoon.

 

Kinda sad they ended aangs story and start new with Korra.

 

well the storyline was sick so I guess Ill start watching the new one.

Message 18 of 23 (39 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2012
Offline
7276 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013
I think the 2nd one is in production now(from rumors). The first is also probably still on netflix so imma watch it.

i didnt like how the movie ended. i wanted the fish. over all though, i found it ok. but the more i watch it, the better it gets.
Message 19 of 23 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
8267 posts
 

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra*TONS OF SPOILERS!*

May 2, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:

i didnt like how the movie ended. i wanted the fish. over all though, i found it ok. but the more i watch it, the better it gets.

That is exactly why I was upset at the movie... I mean at the end I thought he would go in the avatar state... Then start launching the boats like he did in the cartoon. But then I seen this little ol wave, I was heated! lol

 

but other than that it was ight....

 

 

Message 20 of 23 (31 Views)