Dec 03 2006
By: mevXT Hekseville Citizen 408 posts

Audio In Speakers?

9 replies 7 views Edited Dec 3, 2006
Can someboy find me a cheap pair of computer speakers that have an audio in jack? I was trying to use my current computer speakers for my 360 since I just got a VGA cable for it so I can now hook it up to my monitor, but I realized that they didn't have an audio in jack so I couldn't get any sound to come out of them. $25 or under please and thanks

Message 1 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8440 posts

Re: Audio In Speakers?

Dec 3, 2006
Dollar stores have little speakers that have crap sound quality but go really loud, you could try that...
Message 2 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Hofman101 wrote:
Dollar stores have little speakers that have crap sound quality but go really loud, you could try that...

lol Not that cheap, I want some decent sound quality, the volume doesn't need to go that high

This is a little over what I said, but does this speaker have an input? I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere
link

Message 3 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4580 posts

Dec 3, 2006
well i have these speakers got them for 80 at wallmart to me it was every penny and then some and also comes with a console adapter to well yea its self explanitory
Message 4 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Dec 3, 2006
Just found this, pic, if anybody could find me an adapter (the red and white to green adapter shown in pic) like this that was sold seperately, that would be amazing, then I wouldn't have to buy a whole new set

Message Edited by Ex-Ops on 12-03-2006 03:11 AM

Message 5 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Demon34 wrote:
well i have these speakers got them for 80 at wallmart to me it was every penny and then some and also comes with a console adapter to well yea its self explanitory

Do you think that will work with only one plug (the green one) instead of all three? Like the pic above I have in my previous post

Message 6 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31107 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Ex-Ops wrote:

Demon34 wrote:

Do you think that will work with only one plug (the green one) instead of all three? Like the pic above I have in my previous post

just get this thing like he said http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10036 thats all you need.
Message 7 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Dec 3, 2006
what's the deal, you're wanting those little Red and White RCA connections that come standard on game console's composite and s-video cables?

You don't need to go out and buy a whole new speaker system to use that, if you don't have any speaker systems that don't have that input, just use something like this:

RCA Audio to 1/8th inch Stereo Audio adaptor

If you need a female 1/8th inch stereo connector for your speakers to hook up to, then this is your product:

RCA Audio to 1/8th inch female stereo adaptor

Or slap one of these things on the previously mentioned adaptor:

1/8th inch female to female stereo adaptor
Message 8 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Dec 3, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

Ex-Ops wrote:

Demon34 wrote:

just get this thing like he said http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10036 thats all you need.

I would get it, but if you see in that pic three plugs are being plugged in (the green, black, and yellow) on that one side, and all I have is the green, so I'm asking, will it work if I only plug in the green and then the red and white on the other side?

Message 9 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
31107 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Ex-Ops wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

Ex-Ops wrote:

Demon34 wrote:

I would get it, but if you see in that pic three plugs are being plugged in (the green, black, and yellow) on that one side, and all I have is the green, so I'm asking, will it work if I only plug in the green and then the red and white on the other side?

im quite sure it will, green plug = 2.1 audio, all the other plugs = 5.1 audio, so yes it should work.
Message 10 of 10 (7 Views)
0 Likes