Sackboy
578 posts

Re: At what age will you quit video games?

Sep 7, 2011

I'll stop playing games when they are no longer interesting to me. Video games are a hobby, and like any other hobby (soccer, friends, etc) when it becomes too expensive or no longer worth my time then I'll stop. As of now, blowing the living hell out of anything that moves in the Killzones and Gears of Wars in the industry provides a good release to a long work day.

I'm "working class", the only difference between my gaming habits now as compared to when I was in college is the amount of time I invest in it. But gaming will never die for me until the industry just starts running out of ideas.

Message 31 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Sep 7, 2011

I'm 37 years old. Last year, I quit playing for three months. My reason? It stressed me out and I felt like I was outgrowing the hobby. I even went as far as selling my PS3, my games and accessories, and deleting my backup.

A few months later, I began to really miss it and I was having withdrawals. I ended up buying my stuff again. I enjoy my PlayStation 3 more now than ever, and I truly feel like I'll be playing for at least another fifteen or twenty years.

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 32 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 8, 2011

These days my ps3 and my 360 are rarely turned on. That's to be expected when you have two daughters and a wife. It's my hope that both systems will stay in good shape until my oldest can play games on either of them. I used to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Gran Turismo 5 but I cannot sit down for an hour anymore to play. Too busy with the family and work and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Message 33 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Sep 9, 2011

I will quit playing video games when I am dead....unless they have video games in the afterlife.

lordmartock Trophy Card
Message 34 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56263 posts

Sep 9, 2011

lordmartock wrote:

I will quit playing video games when I am dead....unless they have video games in the afterlife.

lordmartock Trophy Card

They do in my faith, lol.

Message 35 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Sep 10, 2011

I have no plans of ever quitting... If it turns into something ridiculous like controlling them with your mind or whatever, I'll just stick to the older systems.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 36 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Sep 10, 2011

I've been playing games since the first time I saw a coin op cabinet back in the early 80s.  I still remember the day my dad came home with the Atari 2600.

Where my dad used to give me a handful of quarters and send me off, all the while saying "remember, noone's ever going to pay you to play video games," today my kids and I play games together.  We can play co op or competitively and it serves as an excuse for us to bond.

My kids' desire for more games, new systems and better TVs to play them on serves as a motivation for them to do well in school.  First of all, they don't get to play games if they don't do their work, but there's more than just that.  They know that by doing well in school and earning their degree, they will have put themselves in the best position to always be able to play new games and buy new systems and technologies when they come out.

As for when I'll stop...I'll stop playing games when I'm physically unable to.

Message 37 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
369 posts

Sep 10, 2011

I don't think I'm going to stop playing anytime soon. I like playing video games, they're very fun and entertaining.

Message 38 of 66 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 14, 2012
Why quit. fingers are broken down o.o

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 39 of 66 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Jul 14, 2012
Never. I'll be gaming until my body is physically unable to or video games stop being a mainstream form of entertainment (which I'm pretty sure will be never).
Message 40 of 66 (52 Views)
0 Likes