Fender Bender
3891 posts

Re: At what age will you quit video games?

Sep 6, 2011

I see no reason to quit video games. Do people quit listening to music or watch movies? No.. so why quit playing video games, unless you become too unhealthy to use your hands..

Message 21 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41786 posts

Sep 6, 2011

My Father still plays video games on his PS3 & he's in his mid 70's, I hope to emulate him if/when I reach his age!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 22 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Message 23 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Sep 6, 2011

LightJak007 wrote:

Haha not gonna happen. I'm a hardcore gamer for life yeeee

This. ^

I'll stop playing when I hit that level cap they call death.

Message 24 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Grundberg wrote:

I'm 35 years old. Last year, I quit playing for three months. My reason? It stressed me out and I felt like I was outgrowing the hobby. I even went as far as selling my PS3, my games and accessories, and deleting my backup.

A few months later, I began to really miss it and I was having withdrawals. I ended up buying my stuff again. I enjoy my PlayStation 3 more now than ever, and I truly feel like I'll be playing for at least another fifteen or twenty years.

View my:  Page  •   Gear  •   Museum Cards & Horns

Get your Portable ID!

Same about the "miss thing" its the opposite for me though. When depressed/stressed I turn to video games to clear my mind and entertain me or keep me busy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 6, 2011

A lot of old folks read books actually.

Golf is considered a sport; which a lot of old folks play.

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

HWGuy14 wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

Asking someone when they should quit playing video games is liking asking a person when they'll stop watching TV, playing sports, reading books or just generally having fun.

It's silly.

Photobucket

Many old people watch tv, read book, and play sports. Video games are different than that catergory

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

Different in what way? If you're talking about age then most old people can't play sports. People's eyes get worse as they get older so they can't read books ect...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Sep 6, 2011

to be honest, im taking my control with me to the grave with my ps3 and my flat screen. lol that all i need in the after life

Photobucket

Message 27 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56241 posts

Sep 6, 2011

HWGuy14 wrote:

I dont see many gramps or working class people playing video games, so im curious.

Im a college student and still going strong since I was 7 and dont see anything stopping me; its a very fun, entertaining hobby... maybe when im 70 and my vision deteroriates then ill call it game over. But I dont see myself ever slowing down with video games.

What about you?

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing

Message 28 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Sep 7, 2011

I just turned 28 and im NEVER going to stop playing video games my all time favorite is Castlevania and Mario Bros dont forget Galaga and Pac Man my and few others Golden Axe all of them and Gaunlet and classic Doom omfg i wish they would make more games like the classics like Doom miss those days

Message 29 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Sep 7, 2011

I have been playing since the GameBoy Pocket and that started my long......addiction and this wont die down because I have always had fun with video games. Those moments that make you think back and say,' man! remember that one match, we were down and so and so did this? That was epic!' or some memory like that. This has been with me for a while, and I too and in college and I still have fun playing actively and buying actively too. May it never die because it kills boredom pretty quick too!

"Once your expectations are reached, never be satisfied."
Message 30 of 66 (44 Views)
0 Likes