Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed....360 or PS3

Jan 10, 2007
The only difference will most likely be the controls.

For multiplat action adventure games I tend to prefer using a DualShock/SixAxis. I can't stand the near useless D-Pad on 360.
I'm looking forward to this game I'm just waiting for a little more info before I drop some money into a pre-order.

My suggestion is that you'll probably be good with either version.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 11 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Ravage Ritual wrote:
Do you guys know if there will be any differences between Assasin's Creed for the 360 or PS3?

I was gonna pre-order it but wanted to know which would be better to get

If it has online play i might go with the 360, otherwise maybe the PS3

Any help?

there will always be a difference ......\

ima wait till theres reviews for both but  ill bet 360 version will look slightly better.

----------------------------------------------------------------
PSWII60 FANBOI - 100%

psn id: sircr3amalot
360 gamertag: sir cr3am alot
wii number: 1578 8943 1539 2710
-------------------------------------------------------------
360: viva pinata,gears of war, lost planet
ps3: fight night 3 , resistance:fom
wii: zelda twilight princess, excite truck, rayman
Message 12 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:
The only difference will most likely be the controls.

For multiplat action adventure games I tend to prefer using a DualShock/SixAxis. I can't stand the near useless D-Pad on 360.
I'm looking forward to this game I'm just waiting for a little more info before I drop some money into a pre-order.

My suggestion is that you'll probably be good with either version.

The PS3 dpad is better- I'd definetly buy puzzle games for that over the 360- but why for a platformer? You mainly use the analog sticks anyway, and i find the 360s to be tighter in that regard
Message 13 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Evil v2 wrote:
Okay I'd like to start off by saying that I have a PS3 and 360.

Anyway, I "heard'/"read" that the 360 version of Assassin's Creed is going to have better AI than the PS3 version.  I don't know why, it was on a video made by the 360 version devs.  I'll try to find the video.

I think the PS3 version will in fact be the better one. They did all the initial work on the game for the cell on PS3. So they are porting most of the code to the 360 processor. So, depending on how much time they spend porting the code to 360 will determine whether the versions are as good as they can be.

Personally I think it was a stupid decision to go multiplatform. I'm almost certain both versions are gonna get less than what it could have been as an exclusive. You know they had to increase the size of their team and start reassinging people so they could put it on 2 systems, that invariably spells "lower quality work" IMO.
Message 14 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Stromprophet2 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Anyway, I "heard'/"read" that the 360 version of Assassin's Creed is going to have better AI than the PS3 version.  I don't know why, it was on a video made by the 360 version devs.  I'll try to find the video.

I think the PS3 version will in fact be the better one. They did all the initial work on the game for the cell on PS3. So they are porting most of the code to the 360 processor. So, depending on how much time they spend porting the code to 360 will determine whether the versions are as good as they can be.

Personally I think it was a stupid decision to go multiplatform. I'm almost certain both versions are gonna get less than what it could have been as an exclusive. You know they had to increase the size of their team and start reassinging people so they could put it on 2 systems, that invariably spells "lower quality work" IMO.

Do you have a link to that? Because it was originally announced for both systems. I doubt one version will have anything better than the other
Message 15 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jan 10, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

Stromprophet2 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Do you have a link to that? Because it was originally announced for both systems. I doubt one version will have anything better than the other

It was PS3 exclusive originally. Then rumors started, then the development studio came out and announced it was for both. But when it was first demod at E3 I bellieve it was running on PS3 hardware and was only listed as a PS3 title at the time.

I don't have a link...I guess I could look. I'm going from my memory at this moment.
Message 16 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Stromprophet2 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Actually Assasin's Creed was first unveiled for the Xbox 360 under the name "Project Assassin" back at X05.

Now about where it is being ported from?  You are speculating as to what platform it was made for first.  For all you or I know it could have been done on PC first with it being ported to the consoles from there.
Message 17 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jan 10, 2007

KING_omletGRIM wrote:
There's no online multiplayer for both versions. The most it might have is Online co-op , but that's it.

All my multi-platform games will be on the Xbox 360. I bought my PS3 for its big guns ( exclusives) .

I'm the exact opposite:

"All my multi-platform games will be on the PS3. I bought my 360 for its big guns ( exclusives) ."

Message 18 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 10, 2007

501st_Legion wrote:

Stromprophet2 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Actually Assasin's Creed was first unveiled for the Xbox 360 under the name "Project Assassin" back at X05.

Now about where it is being ported from?  You are speculating as to what platform it was made for first.  For all you or I know it could have been done on PC first with it being ported to the consoles from there.

Yeah, that's what I thought. PA at X05, a short time later unvieled for PS3, which means work was probbaly being done on both at the same time
Message 19 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jan 10, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

Stromprophet2 wrote:

Evil v2 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought. PA at X05, a short time later unvieled for PS3, which means work was probbaly being done on both at the same time

Hmmm. I guess my memory is wrong, I only recalled seeing it advertised for the PS3 on all the game sites last year. And people talk about it being a lost exclusive all the time on this forum. I assumed that made sense.
Message 20 of 43 (1 View)
0 Likes