Fender Bender
2970 posts

Re: Are you good at letting go and forgiving

Nov 8, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

I believe I am good at forgiving people. But we need to evaluate what that means. 

If you accidentally trip me and it breaks my arm, I can forgive you and still be friends with you. I understand that things happen and that it was not a character flaw in you.

If you are driving drunk and cause a car accident that kills a family member, I will forgive you. But stay clear of my family and enjoy your manslaughter charge. 

Seriously? I'd go out of my way to ruin that person's life.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (115 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3912 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I'm good at just forgiving and letting go. Maybe not right away, but over a short period of time -- I get over it.

I'd much rather move on and not carry that grudge, hate, and/or resentment with me. It is too emotionally taxing and eventually wears on me more than whatever the person actually did to offend me. -- It's just not worth my time or letting it "rent space" in my heart or mind.

When I was younger though -- not so much. It took me a long while to be where I am today.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (110 Views)
Last Guardian
11024 posts

Nov 8, 2013
Depends on what the person did to me, but usually, yes.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (101 Views)
VP of Gaming
27923 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:

03-20-2011.gif

I find the best way if you get into a tiff with someone is shakeing there hand and saying no hard feelings. I just read that if you forgive someone who you believe did bad to you it helps keep your mind at rest. It saves your energy for better things in your life. Who here is a good forgiver in life ?

Generally I am yes, it would of course depend on the situation

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7270 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Yes, I can easily forgive others. Of course, there are those tough situations, such as someone murdering a family member whom you dearly loved or were close to. It's been said that when you forgive someone, you're setting yourself free, not the other person.

I have hurt others in the past and have been hurt by others. I pray to be forgiven and ask that person to forgive me, but that is their choice to forgive me. As far the latter, I will be angry with them, but I usually start to see the good in another person and look past my anger. I'm nowhere near perfect, though.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (79 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2929 posts

Nov 8, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I can forgive but if its something life altering, then no.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Nov 9, 2013
I used to be really good at both, but then I was pushed over the edge........ Yeah.......

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (62 Views)
0 Likes