Shinra Executive
42142 posts

Re: Are you content with your time period?

Oct 8, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I'd like to live in caveman times.

Think it would be interesting to live in 'simpler' times.  Hunt/forage, keep a roof over your head and live in small settlements, tading and bartering for what you need, and so on.  Occasional dinosaur attacks but still, pretty simple times.

Message 11 of 26 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I love my time period. Diseases are no longer killing everyone before the age of 12. I have enough food to the point where I can be fat if I want. I can use time-wasting entertainment like television and video games.

Personally, I see the future going 2 possible directions.

1. It will be one of the worst economic times to ever exist thanks to debt and many iffy politics. And the third world will get tired of it sooner or later. Pollution will get worse. Prices will skyrocket. And population will go even higher. This is all thanks to people entering into real industrial revolutions. They will get food and families will be fostered. Diseases will be eradicated which keeps all 10 of their children alive (which will eventually turn into fewer children per household, but that is post-industrial when large families are not good). Prices will go up as they demand proper wages and these producing economies turn into service economies. And pollution will get worse as the third world imitates the west and everyone begins owning a car. This is already evident in China.

2. It will be a time of great technological advances with the current status quo. People will still be in terrible positions elsewhere at the mercy of first world enterprise and demand. But the first world will continue to prosper for awhile with new powers emerging from producing economies like China and India. 

Sadly, I hate both options.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 12 of 26 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I don't feel like I fit in with my generation at all. I'm 23, so I think I'm part of the millenial generation, yeah, don't have anything in common with them at all. I feel out of place. To be honest I'm ashamed to say I'm part of the milennials. I keep telling my parents that I wish I was born earlier, but they keep telling me they just raised me better...

Message 13 of 26 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013
I wish the extraterrestrials took me to their planets.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 14 of 26 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I wish I was born about 20 eariler than I already was because then I could of grown up in a time there there was much better music and styles than there are today. Lets face it, the music of this decade sucks.

Message 15 of 26 (85 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Oct 9, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

born too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore the Universe.

life is pointless.

Smiley Tongue

This is kind of in line with what I think.  Would have been nice to explore the world and discover new continents, countries, people/civilizations, creatures (we still seem to be discovering some on land and in the sea) and see things before man entirely took over.  And yeah, I love sci-fi stuff so I'd love to be in an era/period where we're not bound to just a single planet and can see new solar systems, new planets, new species and get to learn about their cultures, see where science/technology goes, etc.. 

we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and travel to the Star Wars universe. where its a long long time ago but yet somehow still in the future. Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 26 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I sometimes often wish I was born 1500 years in the past. How extreme.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 17 of 26 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 9, 2013
I wish i wasn't born.
Message 18 of 26 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Oct 9, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I wish i wasn't born.

Smiley Sad

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 19 of 26 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2364 posts

Oct 9, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I wish I wasn't born.

Is it them bullies because if it is I will throw a battery at their skull.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 20 of 26 (58 Views)
0 Likes